What is the most smart/efficent system for keeping your house warm in winter?

What is the most smart/efficent system for keeping your house warm in winter?
Are we still tied to burning wood/gas?
There must be something more sustainable and that not cost half your salary every month

Intel Skylake X overclocked + vega 64 and a chinese psu

Good insulation. That's basically it, all the rest is optional.

sure will be warm but not much power/heat efficent

>There must be something more sustainable and that not cost half your salary every month
growing your own Forrest and cutting the trees down in their prime in order to help them understand what it means to have that which you value most taken from you at your prime?

Wear warm clothes

once it catches on fire it'll be pretty power efficient

Look into the German building standard called "Passivhaus" - it's a building standard for ultra-low energy building that combines godlike insulation, solar energy collection and small-scale geothermal energy for climate control. The basic idea is to have a house that controls its own heat so well that you hardly need any external energy to heat or cool it.

Rope

Move to a warmer locale?

Depends. I only spend at most $70-90 a month for power which is pretty much exactly what I budgeted for so I don't really care.

I also prefer the cold so that helps.

I generally put the heat on 60-65, but then keep a small heater for near/under my desk and run that when I'm home.

The ideal system uses municipal heat. Most electric companies in the US dump heat as a waste product. In Nordic countries, great from power generation is transported to houses via a national grid just like electricity, and it's very efficient.

>I generally put the heat on 60-65
and it still costs you $70+ /month??

That's my total electric bill. I have a desktop, lights, server, etc.

build a basement and mine bitcoins

thick walls and lots of insulation

My 2000W mining rig.

Not bad!

Soon with cheap renewables we'll all be using electric heat I guess.

>Cheap renewables
See how well thats going for Ontario where all those useless windmills that have driven work out of province and bled us dry.

Based warm poster

a modern house with central AC.

Wearing T-Shirts in the Winter indoors is pretty cool.

>Useless jobs disappeared, fuck innovation!
How about instead of trying to compensate capitalism's flaws by creating useless jobs, you consider that you need a different economic system, like a basic economy.

hugging your gf(male)

S-such a nice YOBA you have there, user...
M-may I steal it? N-no need t-to reply.

How much would that cost for a medium-big old house with stone external walls?

Renewables are not cheap.

>oil and gas companies hate this continent!
>click here to find out how Europeans keep their houses warm.
>you won't believe what's their first step in doing so!!!!

especially while the cost of building a new renewable infrastructure is present. can't wait to see these charts after we replace all our trash burners

>including taxes
Fuck you lying kike

Caulk your window frames.
Install storm windows.
Weatherstrip your doors.
Put up curtains.
Put down rugs.
Wear comfy clothes
Instead of burning dinosaurs to heat your whole house keep it at like 60 and use an electric blanket

Put on multiple sweatshirts. My room is like 50 degrees but cozy cause of my clothing.

housefire processor+housefire VGA+overwatch on high graphics+playing competitve as tank/support

at least in finland, transfer fees are about as much as the price of electricity in total. without factoring those in, that chart is useless.

What are the top 5/10 ways to keep your house warm in winter?

Obviously wear thick clothes but how best to generally improve/keep the the temperature of a house with limited solar gain?

natural gas furnace & central air conditioning

That did i. Today its 21.2°C inside the house, similar to outside actually. Thats what peoole here calls "winter".

Pic related; this very morning.

Nothing innovative when the very plants themselves that manufactures the fins and turbines for windmills were closed down and moved out of province due to absurdly high energy costs thanks to massive gov subsidies for...
>wait for it
Windmills.

Varies incredibly with how much your local fuel you use for heating costs, as well as how much materials and labour and construction costs where you live, along with the geometry of the house, volume of air that needs to be heated (ie, how tall is your ceiling), how thick those stone walls are, etc. As a rough rule of thumb, putting good insulation on a house would completely pay for itself through lower heating costs over a period of 5-10 years, some say 3, but safer bet would be 5 to 10... It's impossible to say for certain until you take every detail into account.