Script blockers breaking Sup Forums

So Sup Forums's CSS is still broken unless you whitelist some shady third party ad domains.

Why are we not rioting?

Other urls found in this thread:

Sup
gitlab.com/N3X15/argon-dissection
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Of all the boards, Sup Forums doesn't seem to give a shit. I'm disappointed.

Because this is an issue with adblocker filters, not Sup Forums. It's the job of filter authors to whitelist paths accordingly. Website creators should not have to go around adblocking software.

Yeah, that's just not true.

Even if you completely uninstall uBlock the site is still broken. It's definitely due to blocked scripts.

>wow im blocking things and they stop working!

???

What is "blocking" these scripts for you then?

yeah its seems to be bad today i had to keep reloading the page just for this thread to show up correctly

Because everyone on Sup Forums uses ublock and/or umatrix, so they updated their filters and went on their merry way

We've had a good few dozen threads about the ethics of hiro's business practices, now that topic has been beaten to death too, so there's not much left to say about the whole thing anymore.

>Because everyone on Sup Forums uses ublock and/or umatrix, so they updated their filters and went on their merry way
Yeah I was one of those people and it was working fine but now all of a sudden its starting to fuck up again

Jesus christ, why are you on Sup Forums? I'm not trying to be some elitist dickhead here, but you're making it really difficult for me.

Look at the image that I posted in the OP.

Also you don't seem to comprehend that having to whitelist some shady third party ad site in order to make a site work is VERY bad practise.

>tfw app master race
Dashchan to be precise. And apparently now that qtchan or whatever is a thing, you don't even have to be a mobilefag to join in on the comfyness

Works for me ;^)

UBO + NS, all I'm allowing is both Sup Forums domains and the google one for captchas. No issues.

>allowing scripts in this online mongolian job hunting paper
DESERVED

// ==UserScript==
// @name Sup Forums Anti-cancer
// @namespace Sup Forums.org/
// @version 0.1
// @description Fixes the shady cancer Hiroshimoot added to Sup Forums on 18/12/2017.
// @include *://*.Sup Forums.org/*
// @run-at document-start
// ==/UserScript==
var match = '(function(){var f="to",n="U",u="pper",r="C",t="ase",o="substr"';
window.addEventListener('beforescriptexecute', function(e) {
if(e.target.textContent.startsWith(match)){
e.stopPropagation();
e.preventDefault();
console.log("Cancer averted.");
}
}, true);

Sup Forums x stopped working for me

Use uBlock Origin. Sup Forums loads an inline JS that will break the CSS when it detects that those 3rd party scripts aren't running. uBO blocks that inline script.

Alternatively,

Because as a Brave user, I don't have this problem.

As a Brave botnet user you have other privacy related concerns

>Sup Forums's CSS is still broken unless you whitelist some shady third party ad domains
Ehhh, no it isn't. Seems like you're just doing it wrong.

>you whitelist some shady third party ad domains.
>Also you don't seem to comprehend that having to whitelist some shady third party ad site in order to make a site work is VERY bad practise.
literally nobody is suggesting this, do what said and update your filters, preferably purge the filters then additionally hard refresh if necessary or clear your cache as a last straw (alternatively just use a private tab), I can't say for noscript since I stopped using it during the switch to webextensions (I know they've updated it recently) but the site is working perfectly on umatrix and ublock with no need to whitelist any dodgy javascript or ads, pic VERY much related

also sorry for the blown up pic, scaling on high resolution displays is a bitch

>not using legac captche
calle yourself feget

I post maybe once a month at this point, it's not worth the effort of even looking into doing that

Literally takes less time than completing one of those new ones dumbass.

should show how much I post or care about the site but thanks for letting me know it's that easy

Build your own CSS

What about malware? Or it was one big lie?

because Sup Forums is always fourteen hundred and eighty eight steps ahead you filthy scrub

update your pihole and you dont even need shitty browser addons

Legacy captcha was working for me previously when I was blocking all scripts, but now it's doing pic related. How do you fix this?

It's because gookmoot is deleting posts about it

>Use placebo chrome-reskin
>"I don't have problem with shady and potentially malicious javascript"
???

we still don't know but someone is trying to find out gitlab.com/N3X15/argon-dissection

proof pls

It was not updated, tho. Or was it?

I just updated filters with this filter that all people around Sup Forums is using and it works pretty good out of the box. I'm also using no-script btw.

Sup Forums.org##script:inject(abort-current-inline-script.js, String.fromCharCode, /[0-9a-f]{40}..$/)

i imagine a large number of g users are also using Sup Forums x and oneechan and haven't even realised the css messing up

Sup Forums is the consumer electronics board, we don't care about privacy

gb2/tech/ nerd

disable javascript

Unblock some of the google scripts?

Just stop using Sup Forums. Reddit has no shady ads.

>disable flash and javascript
>install ublock origin
>install Sup Forums X

wow so hard

I'm not getting any weirdness with an updated ublock origin filter list and blocking the ad domains with the hosts files, but if you're getting missing CSS you can use appchan or stylechan to fix the fucked layout.
Running vivaldi with ublock origin and umatrix.