What are the benefits of running Windows 10 over Debian, Manjaro, Ubutnu, openSUSE, Arch, Gentoo...

What are the benefits of running Windows 10 over Debian, Manjaro, Ubutnu, openSUSE, Arch, Gentoo, Fedora or pretty much any Linux distro?

Linux has the best development tools in existence, with AMD open source drivers are really great and hardware support in general is awesome, every Windows piece of software has its alternative on Linux and where there isn't one you can always run it in kvm with gpu passthrough, video games included.

So, why would I want to install Windows directly to metal where it can spy on me and my family, where it can upload my business secrets to their "cloud" servers to trade them to the highest bidder?

The only reason I see for people using Windows 10 or macOS is that they're just plain stupid. Absolutely every other argument failed miserably.

Simplicity/familiarity > privacy

> What are the benefits of eating garbage over fine meals or pretty much any good food?

>Simplicity
Windows and Mac OS X aren't simple though. Never understood why overly complicated operating systems are the most popular ones. They drain the fun out computers.

>Wine has spent 23 years trying to implement all of the infinite recesses of the Windows APIs
>Still isn't done
>Simplicity

Oops I replied to the wrong person, you know what I meant.

I tried Linux for a year. Went back to windows as I'm not a pedophile....

Considering how creepy some of my customers are, I'm sure all actively molesting pedophiles are Windows users.

is windows 7 count?

I feel the same about people who move to Alaska. Who the fuck moves to Alaska unless you are hiding something.

win10 boots faster
doesnt turn monitor off while booting

Disgusting roastie

I hate it when my tits do that :( Makes incidental running/sprinting difficult as I have to hold them with one of my arms.

if you weren't fat, you wouldn't feel like holding them

Glad someone said it before I did.

vidya

skyrim with mods

She knows what she's doing.

But I am skinny. I weight 52 kg and I'm 1,75 tall :(

t. manlet

You should run tiny core linux

some people want to do more with their computer than KODE 1337HAX0R neckbeard CLI APPZzz

tits or gtfo

let's dispel once and for all with this fiction that she doesn't know what she's doing. She knows exactly what she's doing.

This is bait. This is Bait. I am pretty sure this is bait!

t.Alone in Christmas

I feel like I have to spend way more time to maintain linux distros compared to windows. After setting it up, it usually just works.

When I installed tensorflow-gpu it fucked up my display server so bad I only had a terminal afterwards. Common problem with optimus laptops. Just works on windows.

Also my bluetooth card isn't supported on the newest kernel yet, windows just works.

I dunno, maybe I just now windows better and avoid the problems better.

games compatibility?

> BMI of 17
> massive tits

That doesn't work this way.

unless he bought them

NOT EVERY WIN SOFTWARE HAS A LINUX EQUIVALENT

If it did, popularizing Linux would be so much easier.

ew why are you so desperate

She has a Playboy shoot. Shit is beefy.

>Linux has the best development tools
Yeah like Photoshop, Autodesk Suite...wait

But I write code so I love using Linux

Gonna drop the link, then?

It's norm in eastern europe.

(you)
>benefits of running Windows 10
(you) can shitpost on 4chinnz about it and everyone will know having ravagingly gay (you) are without (you) having to explicitly state your level of homosexuality ... a real time-saver in your case

As an Arch Linux evangelist, even I can say that Windows and OSX are far easier to use for the average person than any distro.

like what ? Make cute photo collages of your shitty holidays ?

this, the flat ones have BMI around 14

>LOOK AT ME IM A FEMANON NOTICE ME PLEEEASE IM TOTALLY NOT A GUY

Google it homie. Lindsey pelas.

Gaymes

Ease of use and simplicity isn't always the same tho. But I'd say something like Amiga Workbench or BeOS might be easy for people to use, and fairly simple as well. Tho both are more or less dead these days, outside for use on some old and specialized hardware, or within a group of enthusiasts.

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.