Europeans will actually defend this

>Europeans will actually defend this

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/xYHpVi6lOXI
thisismoney.co.uk/money/cars/article-2949229/EU-approves-cross-border-fines-s-revealed-500k-British-drivers-dodge-French-speeding-fines.html
youtube.com/watch?v=wfZtO53all0
news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/7899171.stm
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Americans are against law enforcement

Alright

It's a stupid law created for extra municipal tax monies and you know.

Holla if you go 50 in a 40

Yes, speed limits exist for the sole purpose of getting additional tax.

I fucking hate these things

everyone just slams the brakes right before them and then speeds back up, they're literally useless

Speed limits set at 10 under what is perfectly normal are.

They are useless for improving safety

t. never lived in a populated area

americans will defend this

they're good if you get people who are unfamiliar with the area drive past one

Typically in the UK country roads are 60mph, and then when it gets to villages it immediately goes down, sometimes low as 20mph
My dad is doing 60 down the road, goes around a corner which is the start of the village, and the speed camera is just after the signs informing you of the speed limit change. Goes though the camera and it flashes.
He gets a £50 fine and has to do a 3 hour road safety awareness course

I don't think anyone will defend this at all.

>speed in Germany
>$30 ticket comes in the mail

>speed in the US
>dickwad officer pulls you over while cars are blasting by, endangering both of you further
>$300 ticket
>if he has a bad day he'll make up a reason to take your car apart
>say anything and he'll arrest you
>move the wrong way and you'll be shot

note how it's clearly marked in an area where it's needed (even appearing on maps and satnav) unlike the sheriff hiding round the corner, behind a tree where everybody speeds which happens all the fucking time in america.

t. almost got arrested and extradited entering the states to florida for not paying a ridiculously trumped up and expensive speeding fine

...also lol @ french police, can't touch this m8. watch me set off every (much sneakier than your pic) camera en route to wherever I'm going, what are you going to do? Send me a strongly worded letter?

Those fuckers walk too fast

Isn't there new EU jurisdiction allowing countries to report traffic violations to your home country so they can put points on your license?

they're also almost entirely avoidable. I FUCKING HATE average speed cameras though.

Hundret times better than some fat, corrupt fucking US cop that will shoot you when you try to grab your papers.

Brits will defend this

Is this you?

youtu.be/xYHpVi6lOXI

the $300 ticket is pretty true, not to mention the fucking hike in your insurance costs. Shit comes out to hundreds and hundreds and hundreds.

Fun Fact: I was driving up to my 2nd house in northern New Hampshire this weekend and I didn't check my rear-view mirror for a good 10 minutes going 85 in a 75 (mph) and saw one of these bruhs tailgating me. I was polite and used my turn signal, sped up a bit and passed a truck then merged into the right lane. He blasted right by me the second I left the lane going an easy 95pmh. Not even joking.

Not to mention
>officer will be paid with taxpayer money to sit around at the side of the road eating donuts and waiting for speeders to pull over
>yet police agencies in the US are so horridly underfunded thanks to common tax allergy that they still have to fund themselves through traffic tickets

That wouldn't be a valid sign in Finland

mine got caught twice in the same day.
>mfw english organisation is so bad he got two 50 quid fines and two awareness courses when you're only allowed to get away without any points once

>variable speed limits and cameras

I won't.

>He blasted right by me the second I left the lane going an easy 95pmh.
It means he passed you fast? sorry, i'm not really into merican

not yet. although apparently if you're unlucky they'll catch you before you get on the ferry with number plate recognition tech. also
>eu

>what is mph

it's not here either, just concerned residents painting their building.

>tickets hiking your insurance costs
That's not a thing here. In any way whatsoever. Insurance has no right to access your driving record. Insurance is mostly based on your car's value, your age, your time of owning a license, your accident history and the average accident record of all drivers of your car model.

honestly I can't stand driving laws, it ruins driving

first you have all these fucking speed limits that change randomly by road, then you have speeding tickets even just for going 10km/h over the posted limit, then you have retarded parking laws where you can only park some places at certain hours but not others, then you have one way streets and for some reason you can't turn a certain direction in some streets, and on and on and on

driving is just such a headache with all these bullshit rules. wish I was alive before we had this fucking nanny state.

Y-yes.

Seriously, I would be damn afraid of US cops... they seem way to fucked up and trigger happy.

I think it's already in place, but apparently here you have to jump through so many hoops to report a foreign driver most police forces don't bother

don't know about germany, but if you have points taken away from your license, which can be done through speeding, your insurance goes up here.

>tfw finland used to have no speed limits outside cities

Correct, he leaned on the accelerator to the point that I could hear it.

Pure capitalism man. If you're a good driver, you don't have to pay nearly as much. Sorry dude.

I feel bad for you guys.

shit nigga you're right, points aren't though thisismoney.co.uk/money/cars/article-2949229/EU-approves-cross-border-fines-s-revealed-500k-British-drivers-dodge-French-speeding-fines.html

glad we voted for our independence :3

>don't know about germany, but if you have points taken away from your license, which WILL be done through speeding, your insurance goes up here.
ftfy

>''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''smart'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' motorways

try to present an idea where your diverse and colourful multiculturalism is somehow oppressed by the driving laws, take xiao wang and a translator with you and let him explain the driving laws of his country of birth

Well, at least Brits get warned of their cameras. Here we have to listen to the radio traffic news or use a camera warning app and pray that the mobile camera hidden in a generic unmarked estate has already been reported.

no, if you go to a speed awareness course like points aren't added.

>average accident record of all drivers of your car model.
Yeah fuck that
>tfw parents had an E36 316 coupé (yes the smallest engine)
>insurance was 4 classes higher than the exact same model and power but as sedan
Fucking T*rks

kek

I doubt that would work even here because the government is so reliant on money from tickets.

the only way to get out of traffic tickets that I've heard of is being an attractive woman and crying to the officer

Do you use cb-radios? I know it's forbidden in Austria (if Im not mistaken), here they are quite popular.

nothing happens if you respect and listen to the cops

This

Got pulled over maybe 3 to 4 times and did exactly what they asked which was show them your ID and vehicle registration.

If your a dumbass who repeats "am I being detained?" or ask questions you will get arrested or shot.

Or if you're deaf and mute, like some guy a couple days ago.

>ask questions
>ded
>don't ask questions
>ded
Land of the free.

On the upside it can also lower the insurance rates even when the car is more powerful than another one. Nearly bought a Ford a while ago, a Mondeo ST220 with 220 hp would've been much cheaper to insure than a Focus ST170 with 170 hp because Focus drivers are more likely boyracers that crash often.

NEW HAMPSHIRE MENTION

WTF I hate finnish education now!

youtube.com/watch?v=wfZtO53all0

Wtf Poland?

In Italy we have these things that measures your average speed. By far better 2bh

>Irish intelligence
news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/7899171.stm

ACAB
seriously, how can you like that attitude from a cop? you literally copcucked

better fined than shot

here we have multiple speed cameras that measure your average speed across a given distance. I fucking hate that shit because there's no way of getting around it. you must drive slower

>gets a £50 fine and has to do a 3 hour road safety awareness course

Pls be meming

here the fine increases accordingly to how much you break the limit, over a certain amount you loose your driving license and have to take all lessons again

If a cop is being a dick you can report him or her to the department. They always leave their name on the ticket so it's not so hard to get their info.

>not warning your fellow drivers by flashing or draving a little circle with your finger on the steeringwheel

Just drive as normal and stop at a gas station along the way. You're instantly slow as molasses and you'd have had to fill your tank at some point anyway.

These things are awful, but at least they mean that we don't use as much police on the road.

>implying poland has even roads or cars

pham those shits are around by a fair amount of time, those cheap tricks wont work

and that will totally make him piss his pants right? maybe your cop violence is a meme but even standard approach is quite freedom invasive compared to our (or at least mine) standards

That bad? I don't really remember seeing too many of them the last time I've been in Italy, but that was a few years ago. Here we're just beginning to implement those and have about 30 so far.

>driving

>If a cop is being a dick you can report him or her to the department.
They get away with cold-blooded murder but will surely be severely punished after you go whining to their department.

they are a fucking pestilence in north, you almost cant find a free road now. Dunno about south. Angry people smash them often tho so we get our little pathetic revenge

your road fatilities rate is 5 times ours and you have easier to drive, motorised gokart automatic """cars"""

this kills the german

not meming
it's either that, or points which effect your insurance prices

t. Londonstani

>not living in the capital

Are you a benefits pro, lad ?

>tfw northern sweden """has""" rules on drunk driving and speeding
based northerners do what they want because they won't see a cop in their lifetime, and if they wreck they'll just kill themselves anyway

>variable speed limit ahead
THAT DOESN'T HELP, FUCK YOU SIGN

We have demerits but you have to be an incredibly ignorant driver to get close to losing your license.

Meanwhile in America cops have ticket quotas that they have to meet each month and get bonuses for exceeding said quota.

And as if that wasn't bad enough, the police can legally steal your stuff though civil forfeiture. Instead of suspecting or accusing the owner of the property, they can get around that by accusing/suspecting the property of having been or that it might be (in the future) involved in a crime of some sort.

There are literally court cases like "United States v. $124,700 in U.S. Currency". No really, that's an actual court case. Oh and in some cases the police department even get to keep the money if no one claims it.

The law enforcement is basically for-profit and is rewarded from abusing the above-mentioned. What could possibly go wrong?

Of course it varies between states. But where it's the worst the police is basically a fucking mafia that is legally allowed to kill you or lock you up for an insane amount of time if you resist.