Why use Linux if you're not a sysadmin?

Why use Linux if you're not a sysadmin?

I have enough money to afford proprietary software like Windows OS

I don't want to have to customize every last detail and icon like Linux distros require, and I'm not a sysadmin

>he doesn't know about the botnet

>Why use Linux if you're not a sysadmin?
because I got really fucking sick and tired of putting up with Microsoft's shit.

What Microsoft shit? I actually haven't had many issues besides the trash that was Windows 8/8.1.

It's actually easier and hassle free. I've been a user of Winblows until Winblows 10. My happiest memories were with Windoks 7. They pushed me out themselves. I hate that they take my computer for a tablet. I felt at hone as soon as I installed a distro.

I don't understand that either. Linux is pretty content with its techies. I don't need gaymers and normies in the Linux community.

I just burned out on constantly having to play whack-a-mole with Windows' countless security holes and ever-expanding telemetry features.

>besides the trash that was Windows 8/8.1.
they didn't fix any of that trash in 10. they just made it rolling-release and broke more shit.

If you don't have a use case, ignore autists and use Windows. No one give a shit.

Why did you ask? Your needs are met. Fuck off back to rebbit with babby questions.

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

>I have enough money to afford proprietary software like Windows OS
yeah i have $0 too

I'm terribly sorry for interjecting another moment, but what I just told you is GNU/Linux is, in fact, just Linux, or as I've just now taken to calling it, Just Linux. Linux apparently does happen to be a whole operating system unto itself and comprises a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Most computer users who run the entire Linux operating system every day already realize it. Through a peculiar turn of events, I was misled into calling the system "GNU/Linux", and until now, I was unaware that it is basically the Linux system, developed by the Linux project.

There really isn't a GNU/Linux, and I really wasn't using it; it is an extraneous misrepresentation of the system that's being used. Linux is the operating system: the entire system made useful by its included corelibs, shell utilities, and other vital system components. The kernel is already an integral part of the Linux operating system, never confined useless by itself; it functions coherently within the context of the complete Linux operating system. Linux is never used in combination with GNU accessories: the whole system is basically Linux without any GNU added, or Just Linux. All the so-called "GNU/Linux" distributions are really distributions of Linux.

Because Xubuntu runs noticeably faster on my old laptop than W7 and later W8.1 did.
One day I'll even try a real distro, but for the past 5 months i've been using xubuntu it just werks.

It's not really a matter of cost. Windows is just trash.

Xubuntu is a real distro

if you are a 'sysadmin' you should know how to use windows as well, not just linux. unlike what Sup Forums likes to say, in the real world windows is still king

>remove all ads in start menu suggesting you download some crappy ass game
>rebooting pc
>oh cuckboy we noticed you didn't update your pc in awhile, we went ahead and did that for you
>ads are back

how the hell do people think that this is acceptable ?

If i decide i don't want to update my machine in 10 years im perfectly fine to do so, no ones is going to tell me what to do with my machine.

Besides that, someone executing arbitrary code on my machine without my consent or me knowing is the definition of a botnet.

"a network of computers created by malware and controlled remotely, without the knowledge of the users of those computers..."

In that case you even paid for the malware.

we've been hoping you would have recovered from the accident by now but it seems you are still brain dead, it's okay you'll get better at thinking one day user!

Must've been lucky cause nothing ever broke to the point that rendered my OS unusable, so I never really learned much about troubleshooting problems on linux distros.
I'm still reading and learning a lot online, but not doing much in practice unfortunately.

Excuse me user but i believe there was a problem with your interjection so I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

I wouldn't want to interject another moment, but I have made a mistake in my previous interjection. What I just told you is GNU/Linux is, in fact, just Linux, or as I've just now taken to calling it, Just Linux. Linux apparently does happen to be a whole operating system unto itself and comprises a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Most computer users who run the entire Linux operating system every day already realize it. Through a peculiar turn of events, I was misled into calling the system "GNU/Linux", and until now, I was unaware that it is basically the Linux system, developed by the Linux project.

There really isn't a GNU/Linux, and I really wasn't using it; it is an extraneous misrepresentation of the system that's being used. Linux is the operating system: the entire system made useful by its included corelibs, shell utilities, and other vital system components. The kernel is already an integral part of the Linux operating system, never confined useless by itself; it functions coherently within the context of the complete Linux operating system. Linux is never used in combination with GNU accessories: the whole system is basically Linux without any GNU added, or Just Linux. All the so-called "GNU/Linux" distributions are really distributions of Linux.

A mix of being more convenient for some stuff than windows, contrarianism, and Stockholm syndrome from having been using it since my early teens.

Because I can, and it magnetizes chicks to me.

This is a sysadmin thread.

Try working with a corporate setup of Microsoft Azure. Suicide rates rival Nazis in Berlin circa 1945

because the environment works for me infinitely better than any windows setup could? it's like you don't know how to make your computer work for you

>I don't want to have to customize every last detail and icon like Linux distros require
Why do you start your queries with incorrect assumptions? It shows both that you already made up your mind and that you based this decision on mistaken information. Go parade your stupidity elsewhere, you pedantic shit.