/spg/ - Smartphone General

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>Reviews, specs, comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Recommended Chinkphones
pastebin.com/eMtwGjJX

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone
>PRAISE THE CHINKPHONES unless you live in America you shits

Old

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Spigen-Rugged-Resilient-Absorption-Samsung/dp/B01A7ICWTQ/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1514162896&sr=8-3&keywords=samsung galaxy s7 case
buypeel.com/products/super-thin-galaxy-s7-s7-edge-case
rbt.asia/g/search/filename/LiveMessage*/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Talk me out of buying a Pixel 2 when it drops below £500

is the zte axom m trash?

What's a good case for a Samsung Galaxy S7? I was looking at this case, how does it stack up?
>amazon.com/Spigen-Rugged-Resilient-Absorption-Samsung/dp/B01A7ICWTQ/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1514162896&sr=8-3&keywords=samsung galaxy s7 case

wireless headphones unless you already own some. the screen is really blue at any angle if you're just laying down in bed, or have it sitting on a table/desk in front of you. luckily it is supported by warranty claims since everyone seems to be having trouble with their devices. and honestly I would choose the Pixel 2 or V30 over the S8/Note 8.

>zte axom m

>mfw I just opened the website for this phone for the first time seeing it
>dual 5.2" screens
>3100 mah battery

They dropped the ball. At least it has Gorilla glass 5 I haven't seen much of that yet.

Mate 10 or pro?

Spidgy is a reputable brand with lots of buyers, so if you're rugged with your phone for working or clumsiness that's a good case. Or if you just want grip without bulk there's this instead:

buypeel.com/products/super-thin-galaxy-s7-s7-edge-case

Know nothing about phones.

I'm in the U.S, budget is $350; main concern is longevity of the phone, so something that will receive timely updates and be good for 2-3 years.

Things like camera, speakers, etc. aren't all that important.

Any cases for it that are water proof and shockproof for under 20$? I just realized the Spidgy one is only shockproof.

aww yea niggas got me a g5+. unfortunately its the amazon one but w/e I'm about to root it. whats the best youtube alternative right now?

zte axon 7 with official lineageos

Thoughts on the Moto X4? Seems pretty good for $329.

10 imo, front scanner, headphone jack, expandable storage, larger screen by surface area, higher pixel density, camera quality is equal too. kind of a no brainer unless you're really into the 18:9 meme

Fuck you Amazon locked boot loader my ass. Get ready to exchange this shit.

Is the Moto G5S+ a good under $300 phone?

Looking for a suitable but not overkill upgrade for my Oneplus One.

It's been years with this old fella and he's starting to show age (battery doesn't hold a charge, headphone jack damaged, charging port worn down so cables fly out easily, feeling the need for a better camera now)

What's a good replacement for it with a $350 budget? I'm 100% cool with chinkshit. Maybe I'd like a bigger screen too since my gorilla thumbs keep mistyping all day erryday on my current screen, but don't think I need a phablet or anything.

Forgot to mention that I'm not sure if I wanna stick with Oneplus honestly, unless the 3/3t are actually good phones. I don't particularly have brand loyalty. I want an actual upgrade from what I currently have, so I was just unsure if anything else is big enough of a bump to warrant a purchase at this budget. The current faults with my phone are annoying but it gets the job done. If I just replace the battery I'll probably knock out the largest annoyance.

I feel like this thread is dead. Last post before us was like 20 minutes ago...

20 minutes isn't long. Sup Forums isn't a fast board. We'll be fine, bro.

Is there a easy way to mirror and control a phone on the PC? Need to sort some stuff out and it'd be much quicker with a keyboard and mouse.

Need the best chink camera phone under 500. Reviews seem to tend towards suggesting the Xiaomi Mi 6. Anyone have any experience/know a phone with a better camera at this price?

Lack of 3.5mm and SD card capability is kind of hurting it, which is why I'm asking before I bite it and purchase.

Probably the new Mi Note 3. Vouch to be the best Xiaomi phone camera.

Where are you going for your post-Christmas shopping, /spg/?

Who else note 8 up in here?

It's the best phone period. Even newer phones can't compete with the Pixel 1's camera.

You sure m8? The note 8 takes some damn good photos.

Shut the fuck up nigger

No

Hello user. Every gif I try to upload with a background is too big :(

>have Iphone 4S
>thinking of getting either X, Pixel 2 or Mate 10 Pro
All I want is a phone that doesn't get laggy under heavy usage and great battery life. Which one is the better choice for me?

Lower the quality

this is the worst 8 I have ever seen

Garbage

Sup Forumsood doggo

He's best doggo

I'm trying to get into using Smartphones. Is Tracfone a good service provideR? I like the whole "no contract" thing. And what's a good phone to go for at around ~$200? Camera isn't super important, but I want it to run smoothly and have support for external storage. I guess removable battery too since someone told me it's important, but I can live without that.

Why did you screencap instead of just quoting it?

TECHNOLOGY

Is the SD 650 fast enough for PPSSPP?

No

Does the default filter use regex or am I missing something? It isn't working.

No response?

nvm had to use /filename/ to enable it

oneplus 5t for what you described, see the phonebuff speed test

If you're willing to forego the flagship camera quality you could get a Moto G5+/Moto Z Play or iPhone SE if you wanna stick with iOS

>And what's a good phone to go for at around ~$200?
There are 0 good phones for that price. You have to spend at least $600. Best brand is Apple.

>Best brand is apple

I see. I didn't had it in mind but I may look into it, thanks

I want to get a flagship or premium phones on the market right now. I may use the camera a lot so better be safe to be sure

Moto G5(Plus/S), maybe an LG G5

chinese brands: Xiaomi Redmi Note 4X, Xiaomi Mi A1

I don't know about your country's service providers, but I recommend going prepaid if that is viable where you are.

>Prepaid
So like Tracfone? I live in America, so I probably have a variety of options though.

Why is it that all this board fucking cares about is phones? Smartphones are a fucking meme. There's no fucking point to spending thousands of dollars on a fucking phone. Just buy a cheap shitter flip phone and live your fucking lives.

blue not really an issue for me desu. Tilted a little and went "oh, it's a little blue." But don't compare, it looks like shit next to an S8. But I'm okay with it.

Hide thread and move on.

I'm an artist now, move aside non notefags

>why is there a general for one of the most popular luxury items in the world
>i use a poverty phone on purpose! look how special i am!

Because they can be used as literal desktops

Any decent phones with a removable battery anymore?

Is the X Compact a clear upgrade from Z5 compact?

>chinkfones

i use it, its good. in edc threads its mostly all i see too. spigen rugged matte black. but if you want thinner, i suggest you just buy those chinese generic 1$ plastics.

nipphones you dumb shit

Is iBotta any good?

>anything but apple

take your gibberish elsewhere ipajeet

Is Mi A1 legit good or a meme? I saw it in the pastebin Sup Forumsuide but some user feedback would be excellent.

Is there a version of the Spigen that is waterproof and shockproof? The one I linked seems to only be shockproof.

Fucking hell

rbt.asia/g/search/filename/LiveMessage*/

I always thought Sup Forums takes the first frame as the thumbnail

Thinking about getting a 128gb SD card. Should I go Samsung or SanDisk? Or does it even matter?

If both are the same speed not really.

What's a good android game to kill time with while my family spends christmas together?

Should I go for Nokia 6 or Samsung J7 prime?

The normal Pixel 2 doesn't have that problem
I have it, and it's the best phone I've owned, coming from an IPhone 6, LG G4 and S7, none of them compare to this
Ama

fugg i want another g nexus, might have to pick one up on ebay one my favourite phones i have owned but i imagine they are fairly shit these days especially without a micro sd slot. The jelly bean release was fucking mental seemed like the golden days of android

try and find a rolling contract we have them in the uk get your phone without a contract and just get a contract sim which you can cancel at any time, it saves you having to top up your phone and you will usually get better deals on minutes, texts and internet

The camera on my mi mix 2 does pretty well. I don't see the point in buying a mi6 when the mix 2 goes on sale for like $450.

Unless you take an awful lot of selfies, avoid the mix 2 then. It's front camera is average but the rotation isn't taken into consideration for every app.

>pajeet rn3 rom
>everything crashes, practically unusable
>charging takes 1hr
>miui
>usable
>charging takes 2¾ hours

REEEEEE

Qualcomm or mediashit?

Neither had issues on either on Qualcomm mine charges in 1.5hrs generally with the 2A charger

Anyone here using the Nokia 7 ?
Also what the heck is going on with that extreme amount iPhone x shilling right now. Feels a bit over the top right now.