Why is this barren wasteland considered the """"heartland""" of the US when it has nothing to offer except for Meth...

Why is this barren wasteland considered the """"heartland""" of the US when it has nothing to offer except for Meth, cornfields and Dairy Queens upon Dairy Queens?

Why aren't actually decent places in the US considered representative, such as TX, NY, FL or CA? At least foreigners can associate a certain mental image with either of those, whereas the Midwest is literally known for nothing except for obesity.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=T3w0oXLIQ7w
twitter.com/AnonBabble

You have Detroit and Chicago which no America wants to be associated with which is totally ok.

Likely because of Geography and how it represented small town America in the mid-20th century. That being said, Minnesota and the Dakotas are pretty nice.

Food, nigger. Corn, soybeans, wheat, beef, pork, chicken. Most of it is farmed here.

The astronauts come from there
Specifically Ohio

Wisconsin, Minnesota and even parts of Michigan are GOAT. Don't lump them in with the rest. They have godly /out/ places, comfy cities, the Great Lakes. You've clearly never been here in any meaningful capacity.

FUCK YOU

Tfw no qt pure midwest bf to bounce on my coastie cock

That's because Ohio sucks so hard that Buckeyes have to flee to space.

t. transplanted Hoosier-Michigander.

Don't group Indiana and Ohio in with them. Especially rural Indiana

The U.P. is God's country

Why do Ohioans insist on getting as far away from Ohio as humanly possible.

I've lived in the US midwest for about two years (Milwaukee to be exact) and it's shit. I could probably move there permanently, being as I'm German-American (as in parents from both countries) but I'd much rather live in say Texas or NYC rather than some cultureless and boring as shit flyover state

Though I will concede that Ann Arbor is pretty nice.

The twin cities are shit though.

You don't know the culture of the midwest because you didn't grow up there.
>2 years
You're German

Milwaukee resident here, where did you live?

You have shit taste, don't blame milwaukee or the midwest because you didnt know where to go.

I lived in Waukesha County, Brookfield to be exact

No wonder you hated it. A bland suburban mall town mixed with brainwashing about a city you never properly explored. Good riddance.

probably because at one point it grew a lot of food

>at one point

It's really nothing but agriculture, 2bh

I'll have you know there's only TWO dairy queens in my town thank you very much.

Your loss, OP. I love the Midwest. Low cost of living, low SJW volume. I'm going to have my house paid off in 10 years total it's so affordable to live here.

This is now a Midwest pic thread.

My neighborhood of Chicago, 2bh.

Chicago's great

Was expecting Boys Town to be honest.

I enjoyed it as well.

>2nd largest city proper in the Midwest
>completely irrelevant

feel me

Yeah

Ey lol. But 2bh Lincoln Square is a straight Boystown 2bh.

That you actually think that the populated states are the best states demonstrates how little you understand of America. Would you like to watch another movie set in these places where the American cow-boy says, "Yippie Kai-Yay, Motherfucker?"

Actually being on the eastern seaboard is cool.

this

>not posting the better part of Missouri

Kansas City actually surpassed St. Louis in city proper population in the 1980s. Really makes you think.

It's not like Chicago and Detroit were always like that though, they must've been pretty comfy in the early 20th century.

nd largest city proper in the Midwest

huh...that's not the Twin-Cities?

Chicago is still pretty comfy now in the right neighborhoods, 2bh. And yeah, I've heard Detroit was like Milwaukee before cars.

Detroit is still the 2nd-largest metro area in the Midwest, but I believe the Twin Cities has the 2nd-largest economy.

>tfw Milwaukee is 37% white
Why are there so many Niggers here?

>Detroit is still the 2nd-largest metro area in the Midwest, but I believe the Twin Cities has the 2nd-largest economy.

just googled it...you're right. I was surprised. Minneapolis-St. Paul is really, really nice though...but cold, like Siberia cold.

That's where we breed are special kind of American that becomes Scientists and Doctors without degeneracy to affect them

Chicago receives more snow, to the point where it's a pain to shovel the sidewalk and parking spaces, so I think they win on that. And I'm not too surprised, given the Minneapolis is the most relevant city between Chicago and Seattle.

Ohio, Michigan, Illinois, Wisconsin, and Minnesota are good states.

What happens in North Dakota, South Dakota, and Nebraska? Are they considered to be midwestern?

>Barren wasteland
Dude, that's the breadbasket of America, we grow tons of food there. It's not barren by any means.

>Chicago receives more snow

yeah lake affect snow...Minneapolis gets the amazingly cold winds blowing off the Canadian/North Dakota steppe.

I was stunned how cold it got.

for lots of snow I suggest Denver or Boston.

Yes. Relative isolation and farming.

Yeah, and we're on the lucky side of the lake - Buffalo gets pounded with snow.

This

They are considered to be midwestern, although their western parts touch "The West", of course.

My dad has an old friend who has recently moved to and retired in western Nebraska on purpose - the two caught up at lunch recently. This guy has spent part of his life living in cities. I said, "I guess he just wanted to get the fuck away from other human beings.", and dad didn't disagree.

North Dakota has been the center of an oil boom for the past decade. South Dakota contains Mount Rushmore, Wall Drug, some of the most impoverished counties in the entire country (Indian reservations), and not much else. Nebraska is largely empty although there are outposts of civilization on its east, including Omaha.

Omaha is notable because it is the home of Warren Buffett, one of the richest men on earth. He was born there, lives there in the same cheap house, and never left. He likes it fine there, with his billions.

I understand the weather in South and North Dakota is biting cold (with wind chill and all), but how is the year round weather in Nebraska?

I would have retired to Montana for the same purpose, but he's not wrong in his choice.

North Dakota I found out is the coldest state year-round outside of Alaska (although Wyoming is the coolest in the summer).

Indianapolis is the second largest population city in the midwest

Dude if you think Michigan is a wasteland because of Detroit then you are retarded. The U.P. has some of the most beautiful untouched wilds in America, Tahquamenon falls is way better than Niagara any day. Plus in the Lower you have the sleeping bear dunes. Do not get me wrong Ohio is a shit hole and i would gladly sink it if i could, it has one good thing cedar point.

South Dakota is one of the top 5 best states desu
t. arizona
(north dakota is #1 in non-existent states)

Yep. Top 3 Midwestern cities by different metrics

Population, City Proper:
>Chicago (2.8 million)
>Indianapolis (900,000)
>Detroit (680,000)

Population, Metro Area:
>Chicago (9.5 million)
>Detroit (5.7 million)
>Twin Cities (3.9 million)

Economy (Gross Metropolitan Product):
>Chicago ($560bn)
>Detroit ($237bn)
>Twin Cities ($237bn)

tfw Minnesota did give us it's greatest cultural export of all time

whoops ment 2bh, but I'm drunk as I'm sure Minnesotans can appreciate

probably should have included des moines, oops

>iowa
wew you corn shucking hayseed

Nice riverfront 2bh

>barren
We grow half of the countries food. This is also the last place where traditional American values are still upheld.

lol. states like Nebraska and Minnesota have some of the highest standards of living in the country.

how is nebraska a good place to live. does the state have good infrastructure? in what ways

Extremely strong economy while simultaneously extremely low cost of living. One of the last few places where the middle class is booming and thriving.

Little crime, homogenous Christian morals aren't under attack, competent, non corrupt non democrat controlled governments

AKA low property values because there isn't shit going on and there's no excuse to raise prices yet

Supposed to be a Coma inbetween homogenous and Christian

i lived in omaha for a few years. it's pretty comfy. boring, but comfy. as soon as i get my degree im going back.

It's ok looks like shit in some areas

You have a perverted understanding of quality of life.

You have a fundamental misunderstanding of the valuation of property

Hey, buyer's market.

I see.

I'd think if you got a degree and some security you'd want to live some place like Chicago

midwestern cities are America's best kept secret. Let him keep his poverty and niggers and taxes, we don't want people like that here

it's the canal

the river is full of toxic waste and corpses, pretty standard American river

i was born in chicago actually. no, no you don't.

friendly reminder

Hey, nothing Cleveland hasn't seen.

Chicago's pretty happening and comfy if you get the right place.

North Dakota fascinates me.

>Hey, buyer's market.
Sure, and when that area "improves", more value is added to the existing property and prices move up accordingly. The more important question is if a developer wants to move in and start that process by building shit to make that happen.

Best region outside of New England, 2bh.

Still better than the mississppi river. And I used to swim in that all the time

We were thinking of the buyer as someone who'd like to live in the area, rather than flip the house.

Nigger or spic

>Meth

Can someone explain this meme? Most of the Midwest has nothing to do with meth.

Also, I'm glad you call us flyover. We don't want shitheads like you lowering our quality of life and turning this great land into the poor shitholes you came from.

>Texas, New York, Florida, California
>not some of the poorest, most violent, least white, dumbest, lowest rated happiness states in the entire country
Enjoy your """""""""""""""""""""relevancy"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

You really have no idea how this works, do you? Property values have nothing to do with "values", but everything to do with the value of the property.

not like Chatham or some ghetto but I've seen the North side and it's really nice and full of dumb yuppies

Same; it's actually wetter than South Dakota, I've seen.

>All these people posting cities
youtube.com/watch?v=T3w0oXLIQ7w

Can someone explain why there are so many non-white engineers from India and Taiwan and Russia over here in Michigan an they just fuck off back to their disgusting shitholes.

Sadly in the current climate I doubt you'll have many buyers for what is likely an overpriced property far from any sort of amenities, IE rural Minnesota.

They work for less pay and they're willing to work longer hours with less benefits. They're the engineering and IT equivalents of Mexican berry pickers. Not good workers, but soulless and easy to control.

Are you the same guy who complained about low property values?

I guess people looking at a map of the US would just be like hmmm the great lakes seem nice and mindlessly select Michigan

They're all rich as fuck, they've gentrified my whole town almost. They clearly are well off considering my quaint town is now expensive as shit, and also less white.
God i fucking hate asians/russians and all the gentrification they bring with them

it's happening silently, nobody mentioning or explaining why

>work white collar job
>half of coworkers are now Pajeets and Ahmeds
>work blue collar job
>overwhelming majority of coworkers are now Bongawongas, Za Wu Zoots, and even more Ahmeds from Syria

since American fertility rates are decreasing I think the government believes the only way to continue growing the economy is through third world immigrants coming here in huge numbers