How can 144hz monitors exist if electricity is only 60hz:

Well Sup Forums?

MERRY

You have to upgrade your electricity for them to work.

How can 144Hz monitors exist if the universe runs at 24fps?

CHRISTMAS

>the universe
Just a projection of the boltzmann brain (you).

I want to fug riko

don't you mean 50hz?

THE GOYIM KNOW

SHUT

IT

DOWN

you are *NOT* authorised to say such nasty things about my waifu.

The universe is capped at 24fps, but that still doesn't guarantee the 24 fps from your monitor is perfectly synced to the universe. That's why 60 fps is all you need, when your brain scans your monitor at 24 fps it literally can't tell if it's the universe or the monitor that it's watching as far as framerate goes.

Judaism

CRT refresh rates were initially tied to 60Hz US and 50Hz Europe because of differing electricity standards. Newer display technologies no longer require this and 60/50Hz content is just a remnant standard broadcasters use because it's too expensive to change.

>CRT refresh rates were initially tied to 60Hz US and 50Hz Europe because of differing electricity standards.

But you could easily set CRTs to 75 or 90hz, and even over 100 for some

He's talking about CRT TVs not CRT monitors.

hertzlet standard

Capacitors.

europoors can't afford electricity

cup-ass-iters?

On the other hand PAL had a higher resolution than NTSC. I'd rather be a hertzlet than resolutionlet.

The content needs to be made for it in order to take advantage of the extra height.

In the case of videogames for example, game speed is 100% guaranteed to be made natively for 60hz, and on top of that half the games stretch to the extra height instead of vert+.