As a Microsoft employee anything

I'm bored, so we'll run one of these for a bit, see where it goes.

Ask a Microsoft employee anything, and maybe even get answers.

what do you think of using excel spreadsheets to design UI elements?

how many pajeets are there
also proofs

For a grid based UI, I suppose it works well enough. I've never done it though.

Why do you come to the arse end of the internet and tell lies?

>how many pajeets are there
A lot.

>also proofs
The Boardwalk grill sucks, IMHO. That's all the proof you're going to get for now.

what is your work setup (text editor, OS, etc.)?

are you guys up to something blockchain related?

What are your opinions regarding microsoft in general?

I want to know this
And this

how to check if a computer with windows 10 is completely shutdown or not
also how to disable all telemetry
>google
*all* telemetry
>LTSB
/poorfag/ here

I still prefer 8.1 to 10 personally, but sometimes need nested virtualization in Hyper-V.

Primary machine is a well configured Dell Precision M4800 docked with 3 U2412 monitors. That still runs 8.1 because I can.

Testing is a pair of HP Z420's also max configured, running Server 2016 core for VM testing.

Almost everything I do is in powershell, so it's either the Powershell ISE or Visual Studio Code.

I think so, but I'm not in that space, so I can't confirm. A google search might yield better results.

When the engineers ran the company it was great. But the constant abuse of the H1B visa program + the "fix it in production" mentality makes me want to vomit. I mean, Azure is fine enough, but it's not a replacement for actual labs.

Never cared enough to turn telemetry off. Closest I get is using WSUS to handle updates for Win 10 pro.

>telemetry
why the thirst for knowing everything we type though?

also merry christmas.

There's a graph of a telemetry cycle in Studio C.

Essentially, in this instance, it gives more information if an update breaks something and how to fix it so the user doesn't have to reload or take the system into the shop.

Also, corporate culture isn't necessarily based in reality. What sounds great to an engineering team may turn out to be bullshit in the real world.

Look at Microsoft BoB or Windows ME.

microsoft is gay lol install gentoo

Thoughts on Bill Gates?

Also, telemetry doesn't record keystrokes in RTM versions.

If you're in the beta or the fast rings, then maybe.

To confirm this, the telemetry sessions can be decrypted using something like Timber (Microsoft's string cert) or Fiddler + port mirroring.

What's the current state of Windows 10 Pro for Workstations?
Will it ever get a proper release?

Preteen/10.

Also, I refuse to believe a corporation is a person until Texas executes one.

Evil genius that got lucky? No real encounters with him to speak of, so I can't speak from personal experience. Separating Microsoft from Bill Gates, I think Gates does a lot for 3rd world countries, and that's good, but pushing for the abuse of the H1B visa program like he has in the past, I'm not a fan of that.

tl;dr - indifferent.

OEM only I think.

How many cocks can Joe Belfiore fit in his ass?

What are the sources of the leftist influence that seems to permeate the American tech industry?

When will you faggots fix the windows 10 game stutter issue?

Has Ballmer ever licked you?

Is Microsoft migrating towards using Linux internals and slowly shedding their legacy setup, or am I hallucinating things?

Thoughts on the direction that Gates, Balmer and Nadela have taken Microsoft?

Also, were you around to witness the change from the "scroogled" era to the "if you can't beat them (google) join them" era in regards to collecting personal information?

where are you located?

is win7 still viable in the long run or do i have to change eventually

You will have to change eventually

>I refuse to believe a corporation is a person until Texas executes one

Thats a great quotable statement. (seriously) But corporations have far more political say than the individual because they have the money to lobby (or bribe) those who need to be 'influenced'

Many laws like copyright infringement are created soley to protect the corporation, and don't forget banks are "too big to fail". (people on the other hand, yeah we'll forclose your mortgage)

The Govt would say that corporations get the felt-glove treatment because they provide jobs and stimulate growth in the economy. But it's also true that as soon as profit margins are eaten by labor costs, particuarly inmanufacturing, corporations will outsource to Mexico, Indonesia, Vietnam, China where labor costs nothing.

Oh and vendors selling the same digital games at different prices in different regions of the world based on IP location is discriminatory.
Back in the old west, a black man wouldn't walk into the saloon because he knew he wouldn't get served. "we dont serve your kind in these parts". Welcome to the digital west where you're all nigga's.

p.s. I'm not the 10 year old you were responding to. Just thought I'd explain why there is a negative perspective of corporations.

Do you play minecraft?

Why did MS seem like decide to abandon ReFS? What's happened with that file system?
Also when will we can expect a new file system to replace NTFS?

I don't think it's a switch to, necessarily. But interop tools are always a good thing, and I hope Microsoft is starting to remember this.

I work in Redmond. Studios mostly.

Not a rabbit hole I feel like going down tonight, but by and large, yes. There's a for limited profit business model and I can't recall the name of it, but if I ever decide to do another for profit business, that's the model I'm going to use.

No. Play a little WoW though.

NTFS now vs NTFS in NT4 is an almost completely different animal. I'm just guessing here, but I think NTFS will exist for ever, as a mater of simplicity. If the ReFS / WinFS / WhateverFS changes get merged into the NTFS code, then NTFS can read / write / manage the volume.

First thought for comparison would be the various versions of EXT.

Okay, so my question is why are you here roleplaying instead of doing anything else with your time?

Quads require truth.

Not role playing. Just killing time, trying to stay awake while stuff runs.

And I am doing other stuff. Currently debugging a power shell module for one of the internal tools.

Unless you're referring to being on teh 4 chin instead of with family on the holidays?

I drew the short straw, and am the on-call.

any trivia about microsoft you might care to share?
also, preferred/avoided programming language

Do you still use the perl scripts to build Windows of have you managed to replace them?

Favourite food, mate?

Why windows don't have a standard and easy to access "wait for vblank" api call?

There's a couple pieces of legend with XP that are kinda interesting.

1 - The power management team was fired, in its entirety, about 6 weeks before XP went gold. Why were they fired? They were sending dank meme's to each other in a team wide email thread. They added their manager. Their manager lol'd.

Their managers wife, however, didn't, and threatened to divorce him if he didn't turn the thread over to HR.

2 - There was a show stop bug in XP that was found 9 days prior to gold. Specifically with how XP handles drive mapping order and locking. Sometimes it would arbitrarily mount a network share as A: or B: if the system didn't have a floppy drive. This would result in slow systems. But if the floppy controller was for whatever reason disabled in the BIOS, data corruption happened.

Which is why Windows now defaults to Z: when mapping a drive.

Bonus - About 2009 there was a show stop issue with Microsoft Live. Whenever a dual CPU G5 with a certain GPU (X850 XT, I think) would connect to Live, it would hard down the service. Was fixed in a few hours, but still bad shit.

No an SDE, and not in WinBuild. I do powershell scripts and Hyper-V breakage, so I have no idea.

A good ribeye. Though Cafe 121 has really good brisket every other Tuesday. Otherwise, Lunchbox Labs in the commons is good for mac & cheese and a Cesar salad.

No an SDE, and not in WinBuild. I do powershell scripts and Hyper-V breakage, so I have no idea.

Why the fuck you guys haven't fixed file path too long bug yet?
Have to use Far Manager for simple copy operation

Not my circus, not my monkeys. But still a pain in the ass, especially when doing profile management.

IMHO, this is the sole reason why PURGE exists in robocopy, because you can't delete that shit either.

> women ruin tech part 258891

Any chance for you to leak some code?

Honest opinion on other operating systems?

Does MS plan on doing another "Free W10" scheme after the accessibility upgrade offer expires on the 31st?
If I keep the upgrading tool on my PC post expiration, will I still be able to do it?

Just use the generic license key and install from scratch if you're going to upgrade(Don't recommend). All upgraded Win 10 share same license key

Does MSFT really have an internal build of Windows 10 Pro for ARMv7? We are trying to pierce together pieces of it from builds coming from Win10IoT, WinPE and the WoW portion of Windows on AArch64

It would be fantastic if we had an universal build that worked from Surface RT/2 to Windows Phones and Raspberry Pis

Do you like your job?

Also, what was up with the win10 update that removed "incompatible" software (in my case filezilla)?

Do you use or have you used a GNU+Linux distribution?

Right now Windows 10 PE looks like this on WP though, LOL!

>I still prefer 8.1 to 10 personally
it's sad it was scrapped so early. i mean sure, it needed some few small tweaks with ui.
but overall it's looks and feels pretty comfy (like mate).
not to mention you still have "illusion of control" over "your own" os

how much are you making a year pajeet?

>A good ribeye. Though Cafe 121 has really good brisket every other Tuesday. Otherwise, Lunchbox Labs in the commons is good for mac & cheese and a Cesar salad.

Good taste

How do you feel about: Linux, ReactOS, Wine
What comments can you give regarding the source code of Windows?

Why is microsoft doing student ambassador program in 3rd world countries? In my country (Bangladesh) I see a lot of them. Also here people think microsoft is cool. But microsoft has lost most of it's charm to facebook. People do facebook all day.

Is microsoft turning into a pajeet company?

It seems like everyone is being replaced by pajeets.

Microsoftfag, tell us how to decode Windows Vista and Windows 7 product keys. Somehow nobody ever figured the algorithm out, even though XP and 8-10 are known.

No algorithm. Just random generator with result added to db

Nobody bothered because SLIC mod and activators were easier.

Makes no sense, the installation ID is static for a product code even on offline installation. Plus the whole pkeyconfig.xrm-ms shit got added in Vista in the first place.

What's your name?

So every installer disk is exactly same bit for bit? I was pretty sure every disk had different encrypted license key file. I usually always installed without a key activated afterwards. Never really looked into it.

Does a white security expert have a chance against the cheap pajeets?
Also hello fellow SeaTac user.

Would it be possible for Microsoft to release a good emulator for Windows 9X so that old PC games will run on modern Windows without virtual machines? Why isn't Microsoft more concerned with Windows backwards compatibility?

Not enough market interest.
Manchildren make up to about 0.001% of all Windows users.

W10 has better backwards compatibility than any NT version to date.

No. Not that it matters, because I everything I've ever written for the company is available somewhere on TechNet.

From what I've seen, it's just IoT. Though I'm not in OSG, so I would expect that there's more than just a basic build of Server 2016 for ARM.

>It would be fantastic if we had an universal build that worked from Surface RT/2 to Windows Phones and Raspberry Pis
Absolutely. This is eventually the goal.

>Do you like your job?
Yeah, I like automating server deployments. Though I'm slowly automating myself out of a job. But consistency...

For a personal project, I'm using the TinkerOS on a pair of Asus Tinker boards. May end up cross compiling LFS though. Or maybe OpenBSD if the boards are well enough supported. But Java on OpenBSD, that's not exactly fun, not that Java is fun to begin with...

Server 2012 / R2 is still very strong, which is nice.

White male of Germanic decent. So piss off, you twat...

Used to run WoW on Ubuntu via WINE back in the day. But I prefer a proper, if not dead and buried, Unix when I'm going that route. IRIX is comfy.

And as I'm not OSG or WinMain, I have no comments.

H1B I'd guess.

It's getting more and more universal. The product key gives product ID, which decides the WIM completion payload task. The fact that I can use a single install.wim for like 8 versions of Windows Server makes me happy.

>Does a white security expert have a chance against the cheap pajeets?
You're asking the wrong question. You should be asking - Does a citizen have a chance against an H1B visa?

And the answer is that it depends on the team. Vendor conversion is still a thing, though with managed services, it's less likely.

Wish it had snowed more. Only got about an inch and a half out here.

Did you remember to gas the kikes today?

Post pic of your boipucci

this

I've heard Microsoft has migrated to Git and is using one single repo which contains 100s of GiB.
How the hell did Pajeet think this was a good idea?

What is your opinion about this pic?

where is your designated shitting street?

>Mindless third worlders talking about pajeets
Sheesh

>calling someone unknown a third worlder
Feels good living in the best country in the world and making fun of Pajeets. Hint: no, it's not Murrica

does everyone at M$ know C#?

>C shart

>pic
works fine in scientific and programmer modes

simple calculators usually don't correct operation ordering

What was your weirdest question during the initial job interview, and how did you answer? I've heard that M$ are fond of these.

> holding out for Windows RT and phone updates

A question about type declarations of arrays in PowerShell. I don't remember the whole question, but I remember thinking that this seems silly, why would you create extra work for yourself?

But again, it depends on the individual team.

And my testing is done for the night, so I'm going to go drink some good whiskey and pass out.

How many pajeets did you fire and send back to India?

You've never used those calculators with M+, M-. etc... haven't you? Really shows your age.

>hurr durr, it's the user's fault that my Pajeet calculator is returning wrong results
How fucking scared is M$ of Linux

Oh shit I forgot

I once did a floorplan of my work's warehouse in Excel. It worked out better than you'd think, and the work computers had fuck all else to use.

Is it really true that Windows 10 will be the last Windows? There won't be anymore new Windows OSes after 10?

Different m$ employee here, there is a whole group working on blockchain but I don't know the details. OP can verify but searching for blockchain on //who and checking the org chart.

the "fix it in production" mentality makes me want to vomit. I mean, Azure is fine enough, but it's not a replacement for actual labs.
This, holy shit. I worked on tech suppprt virtual assistants (project toronto). Want to try something new? Well the only metrics to know if it works consists of running it in production on live traffic. For a whole week they froze all deployments because they wanted to demo to potential clients. Different servers, what's that? Just freeze production servers which handle love traffic lmao!
Hell, there are 2 deployment steps at least (only to test if it successfully deploys, not if it actually works). No log in case of failure though, who'd want that? And the config isn't even the same as prod servers. Who'd want that? At least it was funny seeing mineiro flip out about all this in emaip threads.

turn on NTVDM in Win10 by going to Optional Windows Features -> Legacy Components -> NTVDM

Btw, its not available in Win10 Enterprise edition I think

>the current state of Joe

Gimme a new Phone, please!!

>Germanic decent
Classic burger bullshit 1/64 origins

Not when it breaks many XP era games.

Sup work friend?

Can't sleep, code will eat me...

The HP Elite X3 was the last great Windows phone. And it couldn't even be bothered to be tap to pay certified.

That, and Win10 for phones makes me want to punch kittens, which is very sad because I've been using Windows phones since the Palm Treo 700w.

Fuck your XP era games.

Rude

Why do you fuckers over charge for as piece of shit operating system?

what is ms doing to stay relevant after the failure of the windows phone?
do you think ms will ever get cucked so hard that they have to go open source like linux in order to compete in the shrinking desktop niche they failed to escape?