How much space does Sup Forums allocate for their memory swap/page?

How much space does Sup Forums allocate for their memory swap/page?

I usually allocate around 4 GB, but this is literally what I've been using for over 10 years now.

Same

zero

I never changed that, let whatever the default is. Am I missing out?

0 on my old craptop, which had 12 gigs of RAM, 4 gigs on the new one because it has only 8 (soldered too kek).

I think the default is none. I think it's just used for hibernation mode and stuff

I'm using 4gb right now for 8gb ram

Windows memory usage skyrockets if you don't give it paging. It's fucking retarded. And no you can't use the memory it's using for whatever it's doing and it will literally close programs because it's out of memory.

2 GB
Just enough so Linux can swap out a few idle processes.

0gb because I have enough RAM to never need it

Twice the amount of physical ram.
So 16gb currently.

I believe I have ~8GB on my SSD. I disabled the page on my regular HDD since they're slow as fuck but SSD is fast enough to warrant it and since their space is cheap, WHY NOT.

Two PCIe 128GB (internal RAID0) SSDs for cache and swap.

i dont really know. its the default that the distro installer allocates when you select the option that stores everything on one partition.

>0 on my old craptop, which had 12 gigs of RAM, 4 gigs on the new one because it has only 8 (soldered too kek).

Old MacBook vs. new MacBook?

I just do the same as I have ram. So that I can do fun hibernation things.

8gb ram 6gb swap, I rarely go over 500mb so it hibernates just fine.

If I have 8GB or more memory, I don't bother creating a swap partition. If I ever need swap space for some reason then I can mkswap and swapon and have the same thing temporarily.

Nah, 2 hour battery life gaymen piece of shit (some Medion thing I think) with the extra 4 gigs of RAM from my old-old craptop vs. Covfefe Lake XPS 13. The increased battery life alone was worth the solder

Since the rule of thumb is twice the ram my swap partition on the desktop is 64GB.
I actually boought a dedicated SSD to be the swap partition

3072 MB

Match it to RAM.

same as RAM size, in case you ever need to hibernate, this way all that was on RAM will be saved on HDD while the system is off, this way when it restarts every chinesse cartoon will play smoothly as before

Rule of thumb is 2x your RAM capacity.

Why

So I’m supposed to have 256 gb of swap? Where does my root partition go in my ssd?

None. I use solid-state drives. No exceptions.

Theres no fucking way you have 128gb of memory for desktop use. A server needs that kind of memory. And if youre using a server, enable core dumps; so you dont lose work, faggit.

Well I use it for editing 40 megapixel raw images and didn’t know about coredumps but now I do so I’ll be less of a faggot in the future. Thanks bro