XPS 13 or 15? I need a new laptop so I'm using some Christmas money and savings

XPS 13 or 15? I need a new laptop so I'm using some Christmas money and savings.

15>13
Easy choice.

13>15
Easy choice.

tbf, the 15 is far better because the GTX 1050

If the 15in is not too big for you, get it. Otherwise the 13in is a good choice for carrying around.

Thanks. 1080p or 4k?

Depends on your usage, 4k is gonna look better (duh) but I think it has shorter battery life

If you need the graphics, 15", if not, get the 13".

Posted from my XPS 9560 15"

Dont get the 4k, its a waste of money and battery and it has horrible fucking scaling on all OS.

My 4K XPS 15 looks way better than my other 15" 1080p laptop. Even when scaled letters are still way sharper. Plus the colors are way better.

the xps 13 was the one with the awful coil whine right?

15" with Nvidia, 1080p here

Cozy nights in bed in New Vegas and Stormwind :)

If you are getting the 15 get the 4k imo.

I got the 13in 2-1 4k, It does drain the battery quite heavily, due to 4k and touchscreen (last around 5hrs 75% brightness). Yet, I don't regret my purchase.

thinkpad

wait for ryzen bro
it'll be worth it

This beauty.

>i want to pay hundreds of dollars for some fat autist's cum encrusted piece of shit
lol no

Save up some money and buy a Macbook

-t. XPS13 9360 owner

>Windows 10 is the worst OS I've ever used, makes it worth dealing with Apple
>XPS comes with Killer Wifi, W10 drivers are garbage and you'll run into hard locks and BSODs (google it)
>W10 support for the Intel chipset on XPS is buggy. Sleep doesn't work out of the box, you need to disable ConnectedStandby and fuck around with regedit for a bunch of other stuff to get a relatively nice system

Its a shame, the screen is absolutely god tier and the hardware is quite good. The software is dogshit and its excaberated by the fact that Windows 10 is the worst Windows to ever exist.

Nice that the screen your xps 15 looks better than the one on some 15" fhd laptop you have laying around.

Forgot to mention all of your tweaks and settings to get a nice system will be reset every Windows 10 update. Which will happen forcibly ~twice a month. New updates don't even let you restart or shutdown your machine without updating :)

run guhnoo slash loonix
problem solved

So was your vote for the 13 or 15 xps?

neither unless you enjoy really bad software, but if you love the taste of MS cock I'd pick
>13" for portability/weight/battery
>15" for games/less portability

Hardware wise they are pretty similar, can't go wrong really.

this is a legit option, the laptop is 'certified' for ubuntu so you'll have lots of success compatibility wise. Say goodbye to your battery life though.

A used thinkpad you twat

If you're planning on any gaymen steer clear from the 4k screen
The 4k screen is goat for work but you'll struggle with any gaymen

Also ditch the spinner for the extra battery size

Go cry to your autists faggot
Thinkpads aren't the solution for everything

I want all faggots banned off this website
>>>/www.reddit.com/r/apple/

I have a 13'', you can clearly hear the coil whine sometime.

Also there is no coil whine on the 2-1 13in in case you were wondering, but don't get it if you don't plan on using it as a tablet.

Hell even 17 is a tiny toy, 13 is pretty mush a tablet with a keyboard
>tfw no 20" thin bezel laptop

Depends entirely on use, 15 is a workstation machine and 13 is a business class laptop

Except that's mathematically wrong

Thinkpad x1 carbon, 14" not too big, not too small

Fuck off fascist. Go back to /r/politics

This, really liking mine.

Enjoy your shit hinges that will fail within a year of use.

13 all the way

oh, you owned one for a year?

I run Gentoo on my XPS 13 9360R, Killer Wifi works perfectly ootb with the ath10k driver, PCI Hotplug for Thunderbolt 3 works, battery life is still good and Suspend works fine. The big problem is the Intel sound driver spazzing out (it starts picking up CPU noise for some reason) when resuming from a suspend, which requires a module reload.

The XPS 13 makes me erect.

I recommend that one as a light workstation.
A laptop shouldn't be doing heavy lifting, it should be there maybe for a bit of dev, word processing and fast everyday use with a good battery.

Aslo the size of the 13 is glorious

Thinkpad X230/T430.

Why would you want a laptop that smells like cat piss?

>has horrible fucking scaling on all OS.

MacOS don't have this problem.

Sorry, meant to say all useful OS

>Aslo the size of the 13 is glorious
>13"
>not 11.6"

9550fag here running mine with ubuntu. The xps15 is as large as other 14 inch laptops out there, consider that. As for 4k vs hd, get the hd. The hd resolution is great on a 15" screen, not to mention a lower power consumption and who even needs a touchscreen on a laptop. Also consider that the 4k screen is glossy.
Also last thing you should know that dells reputation for quality is low. Pic is my screen and you can barely notice the black splotches on the screen. Its unoticeable on darker images and what i did is wipe them off gently, and never saw them again.

>say all useful OS
>cannot does a simply fucking scaling

wew...