Why don't you learn the holy trilogy of languages Sup Forums?

Why don't you learn the holy trilogy of languages Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OucccI1pcFw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

French is useless, would rather learn German.

Germany has no colonies.

I am already taking French classes

[spoiler]I'm fucking terrible at it[/spoiler]

>French
What for?

Also, if you speak Portuguese you can understand all the Spanishes.

That's because they're edgelords that don't spell words how they're said.

I know. That's why I put you lads as "practically speakers".

Cause I already speak the three of 'em

I'm into english and spanish and I think the same as about french language

CHECK YOUR PRIVILEGE YOU BROWN MIDGET FUCK

I have :). Feels good mate. I I can speak to anybody on the Atlantic or American coastline :)

Well you tell me, Alberto, would you rather be able to communicate flawlessly with French qts and Quebecois sluts or communciate flawlessly with Portuguese and Brazilian people?

>Germany has no colonies.

Im living in it

I refused to learn french. It's so useless that they used their power to remove spanish from the EU as much as they could.

>Brazilian
Yes
>Portuguese
Yes
>French
I could understand them and called the whores.

Don't worry lad.
Marie Le Pen and Geert Wilders will destroy the union from the inside out.

We cant speak spanish. We understand a lot of italian and spanish, but the conversation cant get deeper than asking basic questions.

>tfw can already speak 2 of them

I'm too lazy to learn french (again). Plus the pronunciation is hell.

Brazilians (maybe), and portuguese speaking africans are very friendly people and willing to fuck strangers. Portugese are also great people

French from france well.... no need to discuss. French from Canada are xenophobic and will not communicate with you if you are a foreigner 2bh... also there are only like 8 million and Canada is boring.

French speaking Africans are cancerous as fuck. Most of them are muslim and the christian ones are only barely better.

>>French is useless
What other countries that aren't in Europe speak German? You're more likely to get a job if you speak French since a fuck ton of countries speak it.

>>That's because they're edgelords that don't spell words how they're said.
This is why I always fail in dictations. Spanish relies heavily on pronunciation in each letter while English is tame in the lack of that certain aspect. French leaves me fucking guessing how a word ends.

you mean Trinity you esl fuck

>That's because they're edgelords that don't spell words how they're said.
>says a fucking english speaker

>Germany wasn't a united nation until 1871
>Otto Von Bismarck made Germany #1 in steel production, iron production, chemicals, automobiles, electronic goods
>Only thing Germany wasn't #1 at was their navy (because of Big British Ships) and colonies
>Decide they'll start their own transcontinental empire after every other country has claimed all the land
>Get some tiny ports in China
>France gives Germany a strip of land after them acting like autists during the Second Moroccan Crisis
>Had 60,000 people put to death in the Herero uprising
>WW1 and WW2 happens and Germany is stripped of whatever pathetic colonies they had

And that my friend, is why nobody speaks German.

>French is more useful for jobs

This isn't really true. French Canada is a small economy of 8m people and jobs aren't really abundant outside a couple of cities.

The rest of the french world, apart from france is literally western africa and arab shitholes.

Germany at the moment is a very strong economy, France is OK. They are practically the same level of usefullness for jobs, edging towards Germany.

this

> You're more likely to get a job if you speak French since a fuck ton of countries speak it.

Not true though, especially for me. Being able to speak with some Africans is honestly pretty useless, the ones who i would need to talk with speak English.

Austria and Germany are some of best places to work and live in, especially the former

Let me think of all words that aren't said exactly how they're spelt.

Enough.
Knight.
Though.
Thorough.
Pneumonia.

That is all.
It's quite rare in English.

In French it's in every fucking sentence.

>portuguese speaking africans are very friendly people
This. for some reason most of them aren't nearly as violent as american ones. They are generally just happy-dumb. Like big smiley nigger jim. Second generation ones though, they are pretty urban.

Brazilians are literally my best friend here in Canada

The Portuguese never fell as hard for the racial superiority memes as bad as the rest of the Euros and I'd say race relations in the Luso world are by far the best out of any of the former colonial empires.

>tfw big curvy black moz girl was practically begging for a dicking but I was afraid of AIDS

>Curvy Moz girl

Where did she get food from?

I only need English. Maybe Spanish if I were to go to South America. I will never go to Africa, so I don't need French.

I don't know, but it definitely all went to the right places... hnggg

>Algeria
>Mali
>Mauritania
>Tunisia
>Lebanon
>Not French
KYS

>>Algeria
>>Mali
>>Mauritania
>>Tunisia
>>Lebanon
>>Not French
That is correct.

Yeah. We mostly just let them be, and just bought their slaves, because we needed people to work for us. They are pretty chilld. Timorense people are the nicest fucking people too. They still watch our euro games and came to the streets celebrating our Euro victory, even though it was 4:00 am for them or something.

It's called Lusotropicalism and they give a good explanation about it in Fast Five, of all places.

youtube.com/watch?v=OucccI1pcFw

If she could afford to go to Canada I'm sure she could afford food.

If he was afraid of AIDS I'd assume he was in Mozambique.

>If she could afford to go to Canada I'm sure she could afford food.

I was in Moz, I also saw her in Portugal 4 years later.

Your first two words aren't said how they are spelled, you fuckface.

Do you pronounce the "e" in "Let" the same way as in "me"?

True. Still, probably the nicer places of Mozambique. Portuguese Africa was pretty developed while we were there, maybe some of it survived until today. Angola's Luanda was particularly prosperous.

Well then she was probably one of the better off ones. Mozambique is pretty grim, I hear.

No Juan.
That would be LEET.

It's Let. The e is short. Like the e in PET.

Cool video. This is also why there are French Canadians who look 100% native yet are just fully assimilated and no one even notices.

Meanwhile the natives around anglos are literally in some of the worst living situations on Earth.

It's a roman thing 2bh. The G*rmanics will never understand

I don't get it :DDDD

She was sorta. Her social standing is weird. Her dad died but somehow she had money... she also had been kicked out of public school... yet she ended up in Portugal with a job somehow. Really street smart girl for sure. A bit of a psycho/cynic though.

But yeah, I saw some shit in Moz I still can't shake off.

I'm trying. Native english, my french is alright, and (was) learning spanish but kinda gave up

No Algerians can speak French.
Only a third of Moroccans can.
Tunisia is pretty fluent I guess but their vernacular is almost incomprehensible.

Feels good being able to speak those languages

The guy who came up with the name Lusotropicalism theorized that because we had a lot of peaceful culture contact (mostly by trading around the mediterranean) and integrating converted christians into our country (hence the moor memes), we were somehow nicer towards *some natives*

Never been or hear much about them. I assume you're a diaspora if you've come here as well?

That was exactly my point.

you trying to be a smartass?
I will FUCK you up.

>No Algerians can speak French.
laughing out loud desu

D*aspora doesn't count Samir

Exactly. It can't be e in one word and ee on the other one. It would be acceptable if this was the only thing, but it's all over english and it's completely arbitrary.

Me should be mee (or you could fucking accept that most languages use i for that sound).

>French speaking Africans are cancerous as fuck. Most of them are muslim and the christian ones are only barely better.

We are the only reason French isn't some meme Euro language. The minute we were to hypthetically drop it French is dead influence wise

France will still have Arab as the 5th most spoken language though.

>North Africa doesn't speak French
>Sub-Saharan Africa does speak French
no

>by far the biggest language in the world
>irrelevant
w e w
list disregarded

I'm not sure Greenland deserves to be classified as "big minority language", not that many speak English there.

My dad who speaks french had no problem communicating in french with the locals when we were in Tunisia (he doesn't speak english and neither I did when I was a kid).

It's part of Denmark.

I'm not even diaspora or anything. I'm french irish.. but I look really meditteranean and I love the portuguese language/culture so I made some efforts to go to portugal after learning portuguese in Moz on an NGO exchange program thingy.

West Africa is irrevelant except for pity parties and pandemic outbreaks. I have a lot of West African friends but after being surrounded by west africans for years I've realized most of you have really weird racist vibes and get absolutely triggered and possesive on "your" women when whitey gets too close

I learned the hard way to NEVER trust people from a culture that demands acceptance yet will not truly accept others at all.

They don't speak Danish, they speak Greenlandic. All 60 000 of them.

North African countries still use French in business/government/administration all the time.

No clue what OP is going on about.

Lol there's lot of progress in Western Africa and Ebola was only contained in a few countries. not that Ebola didn't harm tourism all across Africa as far as Kenya.

>I love the portuguese language/culture
Oh cheers. It's always nice seeing Portuboos. I hope you had a good time here.

Evidently Svalbard isn't a part of Norway, then.

I think both French and English are harder than Italian and Spanish because they aren't pronounced but they still have internal rules and consistency, more or less to the same degree.

The problem is listening to people. I've studied Italian and French but absolutely can't understand them well when people speak. Sometimes I even struggle with English. Tips?

Theres is progress. That's very true. But you're still totally irrelevant. I'm very aware that West Africa is the fastest growing economic region in the world but that means nothing until it becomes even a mediocre economy. As it stands it's totally irrelevant.

Also you didn't even adress my other points which makes me think your the same as all the others. Peh. Disappointing.

Obrigado irmao. Portugal foi muito bom. Esta um pais super cozy.

Hey that's pretty good.
>Está
Hehe, Ser/Estar always escapes the Anglos and French.

Estar/Ser was fused together in French. That's why the être verbe is super fucked. Yeah I still miss it pretty often haha

>Hehe, Ser/Estar always escapes the Anglos and French.
No kidding.
I learnt the two when I was 11 and I still can't tell them apart.

>Sometimes I even struggle with English.
Well
1. Avoid people who speak slang. That means teenagers in any Anglo country. A lot of blacks. And basically the lower classes - because they use words that aren't in the dictionary and cannot be translated to Spanish.
2. As impossible as it might be try and separate words in your head. It's fucking impossible when I hear Colombians speak because they talk so rapidly it's as if an entire sentence is one huge word.

That's pretty much it desu.

Not every Greenlander speak Greenlandic, not even among the ethnic Greenlanders. Also most of them speak Danish and that's the exact reason that English isn't as widespread; they generally learn Greenlandic and Danish first.

I honestly can't tell you a rule for it.

Ser is more permanent? Like the characteristic or state belongs to the entity that is?
Estar is more transient, and usually means "stay" mixed in with "be" for temporary effects.

Except you "estás" morto, not "és", even though it's pretty fucking permanent.

We have shittons of arbitrary rules to be able to detect spies or something. Country genders are completely fucked, since some are Masculine with an article, others feminine without one, more verbs are irregular than regular, it's a confusing mess.

You can totally tell English kids up to 5 years old sound a lot smarted than Portuguese ones because the language is that much more simple and they almost sound like an adult, even if their thoughts are just as simple and child-like. Our kids stumble more on words it seems.

Ser is like being something i.e: I am tall (Eu sou alto)
Estar is to be at somewhere i.e I am in Portugal (Eu estou em Portugal)

It's there issue not mine I know plenty who aren't like that and you see protective men in all races.

>Peh. Disappointing.

Is this some sort of shitty dismissal bordering on "nothing personal kid"?

It's a lot more complicated than that.

Estar morto, estar vivo, estar doente. Estar queimado, estar alto, estar inchado. There's a lot of nuance.

Andar is another pain in the ass because of all the polisemic meanings it has.

50000(85-90% of total pop) speak Greanlandic. There are like 7k immigrants(Danes) who I'm guessing are the ones who don't speak the language. It's not like the language will die out, but I wouldn't exactly call it big.

Yeah, but it's the basic. They gotta start somewhere

Still though, it seems subjective. IE Portugal Esta super cozy.. like it could not become cozy... only I found it cozy.. so I put Esta instead of Ser which I see as an objectivity/subjectivity thing. I know i was wrong though.

Brasil ser um pais lusophono?

Os brasileiros estam lusophonos?

Iunno haha.. probably if I had a reason to speak it agian I'd get better. Vou dormer, gostei te-falar. Txao

Hehe. That's a pretty broken yet good effort.

It's "Ser" Lusófono. - Brazil é um país lusófono.

I guess that if it can become something, it's "estar". Like you can't reasonably become or stop being lusófono, so it's 'ser', just like cozy. But it can become/stop being hot, thus "Portugal está quente".

At least of the top of my head. Have a good one, mate.

Yeah that's exactly the point, trying to separate words is very hard, as if my brain couldn't translate the words into letters well.

I understand formal speech fine though, the problem is with more colloquial conversations

I was disappointed you didn't react to what I said 2bh. That was my experience though, and it wasn't my experience with plenty of other cultures. West Africans have a big problem with that. It's enough of a problem that it kind of is your problem too because just like now, you'll get lumped in with the rest (I guess that sucks).

I guess no, it isn't personal, but this board is about discussion of culture after all and I'm not afraid to talk about my experiences, negative or positive.

ahh I sort of see. It seems the Luso language has a tendency to class permanency on verbs on a level that I hadn't really considered before. Thx, night.

>TFW just like Colombianon I get confused by slang
>Spend one weekend in the US, just shopping for groceries
>Clerk starts speaking in this incredibly heavy accent and with slang thrown in as well
>Que?.jpeg

There's no worst feeling than the one of feeling retarded, even though technically it isn't your fault.

I already learned English and the best countries on the map speak English so I don't see a reason to learn French or Spanish, what, so I can go live somewhere not as nice as Canada or USA? No thank you.

>d it wasn't my experience with plenty of other cultures.

You see plenty of this in Asians, South Asians and parts of Europe, at least visible. Other parts of the world hide it better but it leaks through.

The true trinity is English/Spanish/Russian.

French is quickly becoming a meme language. Most French speaking countries are in Africa and France itself is literally 10% nonwhite.

I suppose French would be nice if you live in Belgium or Canada, but those are both meme countries which further reinforces my point.

But Austria, Austria, Belgium, Liechtenstein ,Luxembourg and Switzerland speak German

>Russian
lol

>D*aspora doesn't count Samir

They emigrate in our country because they already learned french in their country, these fuckers hate us and but they still learn our language, the cognitive dissonance is way too high among them.

>The minute we were to hypthetically drop it French is dead influence wise

We don't need you, we merely need your ressources.

you have no idea man. I speak both languages and english is far worse when it comes to that

But I am. English, Japanese, and Mandarin