Richard M. Stallman

What happens when he dies?

you ever watch 'the santa clause'

with tim allen?

There are still two founding members of the FSF alive if he dies, which includes one of the authors of SICP.

The GPL will be changed into the General Proclamation of Lisp and the entire user land will be rebuilt into Scheme code targeting a Scheme-79 chip.

GCC will be removed from the internet and C fuccbois will find themselves homeless. General tyranny of a new and wonderful sort will descend on mankind. OP will be imprisoned first for being a massive faggot.

That was VIP quality!

he's not a lawyer, he's not a programmer, he's not a manager, he's not a politician. nothing, he is irrelevant.

He will be ded.

Earth's smell will improve two sizes that day...

My soul dies

UNIX won grandpa, takes your meds and calm down.

Oiligarchy will forget him :(

About ten fags online will have Twitter obituaries in his honor. Then everyone will forget he ever existed and nothing will really happen as a result.

The end.

Why would I care about the Microsoft founder dude dying? He's not even the CEO anymore.

YES!

but I thought Windows won?

Why the fuck should I care? What has he done recently apart from grow his beard and btfo lunduke?

>windows was ever an option at the MIT AI/media labs.

We will finally stop calling it gnu/Linux

>RMS
>implying he'll ever die
>implying

fuck outta here

CODE MAGICKS UNDERRATED

Year of Linux desktop

He becomes St. iGNUcius, patron saint of our Four Freedoms.

Then it's up to us to fight. We all must replace him. We all must be Richard Stallman. We all must fight for our freedoms.

Linux will finally be fully recognized as just Linux with no "GNU" added to steal credit. The only people calling it GNU/Linux will be his fringe cultists who will give up after a few years

Actually it's Linux stealing credit. The GNU project made the GNU OS.

GNU/Linux was a mistake, since it only confuses people. He should insist in straight GNU (like Google does with Android), no matter what kernel is used. But I can understand RMS point. He wouldn't want to treat others the same way he was treated.

>like Google does with Android
that's actually a really good point

nothing

He will haunt the world and will appear in a mirror if you say Linux 3 times just a dark room.

He's a philosopher.

The dead man's switch activates. Then shit gets really real.