Is i3 8100 + 1050Ti + 8gig RAM good enough for 1080p/45fps/high setting?

is i3 8100 + 1050Ti + 8gig RAM good enough for 1080p/45fps/high setting?

Other urls found in this thread:

techspot.com/review/1499-intel-core-i3-8100-i3-8350K/page5.html
ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/4Wvzbj
ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/3csRjc
pcpartpicker.com/list/TfLvzM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

if you can go for the locked i5 8th gen and maybe a 1060 3 gig that should suffice, as the gpu will eat youre sys mem if it runs out, if not then atleast upgrade to a locked i5 those 6 extra cores will benefit the future

Depends of what game you are playing
This specs can play pre 2012 games on high settings smoothly, maybe even ultra.
Post 2012 you can play some games on high settings other games probably will have flickering if played on high settings so you will down the settings for medium

that's a hundred bucks more in cuckland and 1060 is 200 more...ouch...can not...

There are many cucklands in this planet
Which cuckland are you talking about?

still get the locked i5, the i3 isnt a good deal

canada

i can't, its not within my budget...so will it run at previous setting?

it will i guess but the i3 is going to be taxed alot if youre gonna play games like gta or starcraft, anyways what is youre budget?

why not Ryzen? you're buying locked anyways so the oc frequency difference doesn't matter

900 CAD for everything from scratch including monitor

because benchmarks show 8100 is faster for gaming and ryzen faster for "productivity" and i dont care coz i'm all about being lazy.

Yeah, I'll do just fine. I have a similar build but instead of an i3 I have a 1300x paired with a 1050ti. I don't really play that much but it was running The Witcher 3 at around 55fps at 1080p/high

That's only because they hit higher clocks, and cache latency is lower on Intel. "Productivity" is because you get more cores out of the same amount of money.

You're buying a locked product thats pretty much an i5 7500 without turbo, its going to be slower than Ryzen.

they did all kinds of tests and price/performance with games, intel always won.
so i want intel.

techspot.com/review/1499-intel-core-i3-8100-i3-8350K/page5.html

wait a couple of minutes i will build something for you

>"Here we see that the Core i3-8100 to the i5-8400 are the best value options of Intel's sub $200 Coffee Lake lineup and they are considerably better value in this game compared to Ryzen."
>"Even with the motherboard pricing factored in, Intel remains comfortably ahead and while Ryzen's performance is respectable, it's not comparable to the Core i3-8100 and Core i5-8400 in terms of value. Again the 8350K is pretty poor in comparison though its price to performance is quite similar to that of the R3 1300X."

1060 3gb is for ill informed consumers

thank you Sup Forumsentleman.

that's one game
and one application
and a 1500X is the competitor because B350 boards are cheaper

NO, they tested many games, did u even read it or just being in denial?

i'll quote again...ugh
>and a 1500X is the competitor because B350 boards are cheaper

>"Even with the motherboard pricing factored in, Intel remains comfortably ahead and while Ryzen's performance is respectable, it's not comparable to the Core i3-8100 and Core i5-8400 in terms of value. Again the 8350K is pretty poor in comparison though its price to performance is quite similar to that of the R3 1300X."

you linked the last page of a review, that showed one game and one application

just get a good cpu and some crappy used gpu off ebay like 750ti/integrated graphics, then upgrade to a gtx 1070ti/2070 when you have the money

then go back to "game performance" page.
do i have to spoon feed u guys?

1500X is ahead of the 8100 in all the game tests so I don't know what your point is

i dont thing i'll ever have more money for leisure in the next 10 years so its now or never...

>45fps

yeah and so is a 999$ cpu....budget price/value you donkey!

i3-8100, gtx 1050, 2x4gb ddr4 ram is pretty much all you need for 60fps 1080p high settings.

spend more money on a decent power supply (10 year warranty, 80+ gold or higher, full modular) and decent case for longevity.

1500x is 70 bucks more in canada compared to 8100 and i get what like 5 fps more?
nah.

>full modular
>more expensive
i dont care about aesthetics, i dont have chad friends to show my pc to.

compare:
ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/4Wvzbj
ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/3csRjc

1400 is just a downclocked 1500X, but they both can be OC'd to 4ghz anyways. If you don't want to OC then just drop an extra $20 on the 1500X

pcpartpicker.com/list/TfLvzM

you gotta spend 160 more but in the long run am4 is supported to 2020+ so you have a better upgrade path then intel bs

He's canadian, prices are different

nice ram lel

i'm never upgrading again, the end of time is nigh.
is it still good price/gaming value?

the main reason for choosing full modular is to remove unnecessary wires from the case and allow for better airflow as a result.

the exception of course being a case with enough room at the back to stuff any unused cables from a fully-wired psu.

i converted the 900cad to usd

shit was so cash

for that setup its quite good for the money

Get an optiplex and put a gpu in it

which doesn't matter unless he buys the parts in the US, they're higher than currency inflation

thats true