Hi, I've got a question

Hi, I've got a question.

I just got a new desktop and it has great specs, but it can't really handle any games very well at all. I tried playing Total War Warhammer II and it stays at a consisten 30fps despite what I think are great specs.

i7 7700k @3.6 ghz
Nvidia 1050ti 4GB
16GB of Ram
256GB SSD

The rest of the info is in the pic. Is there anything that is holding back my performance or is it an issue with the application? I've already checked to make sure it's not running the game off of my integrated GPU.

How can I fix this? Also it is a Lenovo Ideacentre 720 desktop model

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZjWSjWcjlpw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

bump

>not your tech support

Make sure your monitor is >30Hz, and your games are running using your Nvidia GPU and not the integrated one

Your video card is a bottleneck.

>Windows 10
found your problem

>consistent 30fps
Disable vsync
Check what your displays refresh rate is set to
Make sure your monitor supports a refresh rate above 30
Check if there's an in-game fps limit

are you referring to the integrated one?

Have done all these things, also it's not running at exactly 30, but bounces around in the 20-40 range.

Already did this

No, the 1050 Ti. Your processor is very powerful but GPU is low end.

>Low end
Are you autistic? 40 fps with monitor overclocked to 80hz at half refresh rate v-sync at 1080p is all you need desu.

Even then the difference between high and ultra settings in most modern games is basically placebo and you'll get 60fps just fine.

>new desktop and it has great specs
It's a 1050ti, it just doesn't have the power. To get 60fps with that you'll have to go pic related. V-sync is of for a benchmark.

Meme answer but update drivers?

A 1050ti is low end. No question of it you retard.

You just proved that it's low end.

But it gets 60 just fine on any games that aren't badly optimised?

Hold on, this makes zero sense to me.

I used to have a desktop about a year and a half ago. It had worse specs than this current PC by far and it handled most games brilliantly, including the first Warhammer. It was like a GTX 760 or something and only had 3GB of GPU memory but it did fine. How is this 1050 Ti with more memory so shit?

And what would you all recommend otherwise?

Doesn't mean it isn't low end. On newer games you can't really get a solid 60 fps unless lowering the graphics. You're fine with 1050 Ti if you're only playing older games or games like LoL, CS:GO and Dota 2.

Memory doesn't equal performance.

Okay. What would you all recommend that I get to replace it? Price range is about $200-300

youtube.com/watch?v=ZjWSjWcjlpw
Just using high settings on the bench mark with a 1050ti gets 35fps. It's not OPs machine it's the card.

Right now, 1060 is probably the best card for that price range, but it wouldn't be worth upgrading to it from 1050 Ti. I'd suggest waiting or getting a 1070 Ti.

while i've got everyone's attention, another quick question -

this is the machine in question. It's quite small and doesn't come with big fans and the like because it's not built for gaming. Should I be worried about overheating?

>7700k
>Only 3.6GHz
>1050 Ti
Why

Don't listen to the turbo-autists. Needing really good airflow is a meme.

7700k is a very hot CPU.

Putting a gun in your mouth might help

your brain is low end.

Don't misinform. Playing anything at 1080p over 60 fps and over 100fps at 720p.

t. buttblasted poorfag.
It's low-end, anything lower and most people would suggest integrated graphics instead.

Dude the 1050 Ti isn't even much faster than an HD7870 from 2011.

Legit answer
A gtx 1050ti + i3 7100 or g4600 is enough to play all new games 1080p med to high 60+fps
you fked up real good with something

How the fuck is a 1050ti still not enough to max out every game at 4k@120FPS? Especially that garbage OP is playing (no offense OP, i mean that that technically speaking it's not very demanding or at least shouldn't be)? Are graphic cards literally just snake oil?