Buy now, or wait?

Buy now, or wait?

Other urls found in this thread:

nvidia.com/en-us/gtc/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Bought it 3 months ago when it was 100€ more expensive than today and it's an absolute beast.
Would buy again.

nvidia.com/en-us/gtc/

>March 26-29

Wait for Nvidia Volta

im just saying that the new version is going to come out soon maybe

DDR6 is due early 2018.
So Volta will follow soon after.
So the gtx2080 will be 30% or so faster than the 1080ti.
Then 6 months later the 2080ti will come out and will match the TitanV.

wait if you can, see how much they shaft us with their next line in a few months

idk if I can wait. My best card now is a 950 and I cant play anything, its godawful

>see how much they shaft us with their next line in a few months
It's gonna be bad
The 1000 series sold so fucking well.
Before the miners, the 1070 was out selling the 480 by 10 fold.

The 1080ti and 1080 have been uncontested for over a year.

fuck gaysync though. HDMI 2.1 comes with VRR. if nvidia decides to not use that ill stop buying them for the rest of my life

>I cant play anything, its godawful
You belong on

You have to go back

Depends on whether you want to buy it right now or if you want to buy it later.

Waiting for the price of a thing to mildly decrease with months of delaying enjoyment is riduculous.

>6 months later the 2080ti will come out
Both 980Ti and 1080Ti came out almost 1 year after 980/1080. We won't see shit in 6 months unless AMD lights a fire under NVIDIA's ass by some miracle.

I would only buy something expensive right now if I didn't have anything decent or if I ran across some amazing deal. If not wait for next year and the new gen.

>I would only buy something expensive right now if I didn't have anything decent or if I ran across some amazing deal. If not wait for next year and the new gen.
I have a 950. I cant even play marvel vs capcom infinite comfortably, only lame blizzard titles

Volta isn't for gaming.

1440p? Go for it.
4K? Wait.

>gtx2080
gtx1180

I wouldn't wait with a 950, but I might not spend a huge sum only for it to be outdated in half a year either. Maybe go with a 'stopgap' cheaper card and sell it in order to upgrade when the new generation comes out. Sadly though that's not a very good deal right now due to inflated prices.

>gtx 880

volta xe
volta fr
volta +
volta xd

this is how Nvidia should name the new GPU

so suck it up and buy the 1080ti if you can't wait, just don't come bitching in six months when they release a 20% faster card for same or less money

alternatively, buy a more modest card now like a 1070ti and wait for the next flagship?

tell me about it cunt, I bought a 1080FE back when they were launched

got a vega 64 too which performs about the same and cost me a lot less

>got a vega 64 too which performs about the same and cost me a lot less
but you cant even into gsync

may as well wait for the next card after that

I got one last year
so far I've used it for victoria 2 :^)

wait

Just wait until you're 1 year from death, save your money until then, and build the ULTIMATE MACHINE

holy shit man don't be greedy, that's one generation behind.

I have a 760 that I got 4 years ago when I was in college and was poor as fuck. Would it be worth it for me to buy a 1080ti now? I'm been out of a college for a while and I can definitely afford it.

For reference, I can barely play Overwatch on low with > 60 fps.

Then there's something wrong with your 760, i run a mixture of mostly medium and some high settings on a gtx 670 and have no problem with getting around 70+fps in Overwatch. But if you can afford a 1080ti and don't want to wait for volta, it's certainly a strong card.

>spending more than $250 on a manchild adaptor
You will regret this.

Mine was running similarly before I was forced to update drivers (the blizzard launcher displayed an error telling me to update, and wouldn't let me launch without doing so).
You may be right, it might be a bad device, I haven't updated the driver for a few years because it always crashed when I ran anything with the updated driver.

so after march?

sweet