UGH CHKDSK JUST NUKED 2TB OF FLAC

So i have a media prod machine with 1.99tb of 24bit flac on 2tb NTFS drive ... so there is not much space left.. anyhows i deleted like 7gigs of shit music on the drive a few days ago

I had to do poweroff thismorning and on rebooting CHKDISK wanted to scan the 2tb drive... no worries... standard operating proceedure... log on to my legacy win 7 (i use nix on my other machines this is for audio only)

So i log on and fucking CHKDSK has restored those files i deleted and managed to nuke my 1.9 flac folder... its gone ! ... well the files seem ok but are now in a bullshit hidden "found folder" i dont have enough spare disk to do a copy

how do i fix this shit... ie turn hidden found back to a normal folder in a safe way ?

>inb4 use ZFS, RieserFS etc....

Other urls found in this thread:

answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-windows_programs/how-to-disable-the-chkdsk-check-disk-on-start-up/35f58c69-7a6c-4e1b-aec3-26d7131ec643?auth=1
raymond.cc/blog/how-to-recover-chk-files-created-by-chkdsk-and-scandisk/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

ATTENTION GRABBING IMAGE

Just right click it and uncheck the hidden folder button?

im scared to this is a pretty imporatnt archive (master tape rips) and need to be safe... im sure its simple but i need the wisdom of Sup Forums on this one

install ubuntu and stop being a soyboy dumpf supporter

You need to have backups, my dude.

>important archive
>no backup
must not have been that important then lol

> uses windows

i said inb4 zfs and that use nix on all my other machine you fucking jerkoff i have some firewire audio that does not work in linux full fucking stop
i have a mirror but its only 90% complete and mirroring 2tb is gettting a bit much especially since i had a 2tb fall over mid year..,,

anhows come on Sup Forums restore hidden found folder... is it simple what am i missing here ?

I dont understand what you want. Just delete the unwanted stuff and run recuva on the disk? Recover them to a phone over usb or dvds or something. Shrink a Linux partition, format it as ntfs and recover your shit to there from windows. Retarded methon but how bad do you want them files back?

/thread

You fucked up.

Use ZFS from now on.
Convince them if it's not yours.
If you need windows run QEMU-KVM and pass any devices necessary.

CHKDSK just running is not "standard procedure"
It's strong evidence that your proprietary filesystem detected bad blocks in metadata or unsafe shutdown.

>i dont have enough spare disk to do a copy
then cut and paste?

Sup Forums IS NOT YOUR FUCKING HELP DESK

just redownload.

2TB is like what, a few days at most? Unless you're living in the third world with a data cap, I see no real problem.

>everything can be downloaded from the internet

>some firewire audio that does not work in linux
That's a pretty bad reason for leaving 2TBs' worth of audio to the dubious mercy of Windows and NTFS.

where do you think he originally got it?

If you're on Sup Forums on not on a few private trackers you're a fucking cuck anyway.

>So i have a media prod[uction] machine
idk, maybe he /made it on that machine/

Then he's a fucking moron for having a single copy of anything that was actual production use.

Anyone doing content creation and relying on a SINGLE local copy is a fucking child or moron.

yep, exactly

>still using Windows
>surprised when it majorly fucks up
This is OP folks!

No matter if you said that ironically or not, I hope you get inoperable terminal brain cancer soon.

Create a new normal folder, then go to the hidden "found" folder, right click a file that you don't mind losing, select "Cut" then go to the folder you just created and do paste, see what happens.
If it works, cut and paste all files from found to the new folder.

answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-windows_programs/how-to-disable-the-chkdsk-check-disk-on-start-up/35f58c69-7a6c-4e1b-aec3-26d7131ec643?auth=1

Go away isaac.

There's a reason it's running.

But the kicker is: Do not fucking let it run.
If NTFS has badblocks you absolutely do not want CHKDSK poking your platter.

It will cause infinitely more harm by modifying on disk contents rather than just running a ddrescue and extracting what is still legible.

Here's the thing, if it had not run, he would've still done absolutely nothing. He would've lost all the data at some later point.

there it is

look at the drive partitions in disk management and see if the space in unallocated or not, if it's unallocated you're fucking fucked, maybe you can restore windows to the previous day

I had chkdsk destroy files in a 3TB hdd before. There were no bad blocks nor any physical damage to the disk after extensive testing. I don't thrust that disk anymore, specially because it is manufactured by Seagate, but it seems to be working perfectly on Linux for months after the event. Nothing shows up on Seagate tools nor on S.M.A.R.T. logs, I still don't know what happened.

Sup Forums - your tech support.

Restore your backup.

>3D
not gonna work

>not in the OP
good luck

hashahashhashashahsahashashashashashashhsahashhashsahahsahahsahshah currrysoft windalooo strikes again

Source for the images? I've tried reverse image searching and the url in the image doesn't exist anymore :(

>2TB OF FLAC
So thats what like 20 songs?
:^)

Restore from backups. You do have backups, right?

>Using windows
>Using NTFS
>Not using raid
>No backups
>In year of the Linux desktop, 2017.998
You played yourself, faggot

recuva?

>I don't thrust that disk anymore
I hope not

Isaac, invite me to #cutegang.

Use a White man's file system from the this century.
What a retard.

> ie turn hidden found back to a normal folder in a safe way ?
raymond.cc/blog/how-to-recover-chk-files-created-by-chkdsk-and-scandisk/
Or, just try REN command. And get yourself another HDD for this, WD Blue 4TB is, like, $100.

Source on these images???

>not storing your data on a NAS with ZFS

Enjoy your Windows.

>FLAC
so nothing important then.

what is MOVE THE FUCKING FILES instead of copying them

just woke up holy shit how is my thread not archived yet...

SO JUST AN UPDATE ON YESTERDAYS THREAD AND A REPORT ON THE GENERAL STATE OF Sup Forums

are all fucking idiots who can read and were not helpfull, i had to use windows for many reasons, i had an offline backup mirror that was 90% of my files, even after having a 2tb disk fail mid year and still havent lost anything, i had all my files structure in fine order just now it was in hidden folder. I tried unchecking the hidden folder but it was a system level no which is what tricked me....

Congratulations you got it right... all it was create new folder and cut and paste from hidden, was skeptical 2tb would all get accross ok but it was instaneous fix... no need to spend all day doing 2tb restore and loose files like some people were implying.

So yeah pretty shit effort Sup Forums i had a small problem i just wanted a second opinion on and got hammered with muh zfs and do you even back up memes

also to
name is sadie jones if that helps ;P