>Sup Forums says this should be LITERALLY impossible

what gives?

Other urls found in this thread:

i.warosu.org/data/g/img/0627/98/1507439085622.webm
i.warosu.org/data/g/img/0627/98/1507441262089.webm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Sup Forums is full of shills and retards

>replying to a freetard shill who's pretending to be a retard

I don't consider myself a freetard, I just recently tried out ubuntu linux and was surprised everything worked out-of-the-box, while most linux threads on Sup Forums seem to say that linux NEVER works properly.

give it time, the bugs and incompatibilities will rear their ugly heads

I'll see how long I can run this shit for. The out-of-the-box experience is promising, at least

that's how they fool you, live CD and the initial install all work like magic

every OS becomes more unstable if you install shit withou knowing what you are doing
hell, I have to reinstall windows on my dad's laptop because he installs everything without checking if it's legit or not

That's because it wasn't broken by updates yet. Just give it time.

install KDE

:^)

You installed a normie linux. Try installing something like gentoo.

Mint is linux what works and Sup Forums is pissed off because their gentoo are not master powerful system able to just work

UNGA GENTOO

Which kernel did you use before linux ?
You had no problem in your userspace ?
Well played :^)

>normie linux
>Sup Forums is pissed off because their gentoo are not master powerful system able to just work
really makes me think

>install windows 7
>everything just werkz
>Sup Forums says I need drivers and shit

what gives?

Depends on the hardware I guess. If your using the most generic mouse and keyboard, or a track pad without features, a normies screen resolution it's going to work fine out the box.

>install xubuntu
>screen tearing everywhere
>sleep mode glitches the whole computer requiring restart
And this is supposed to be the baby's first Linux.

Linux kernel werks on my machine.

It doesn't just werks for me at least

not the guy you replying to, but I'll try linux too and see is it really that unstable like you and others says.
Going to ubuntu 17.10 from windows 10, first time will try linux (I don't mind losing games).
This gonna be gud

I legitimately and unironically consider GNU/Linux to be easier to set up, maintain, and use than Windows or Mac OS. I have felt this way for as long as I can remember. People get scared away because some things are different, but if you took two babies and raised one on each OS, I am sure the one using GNU/Linux would have an easier time, and a generally more pleasant life.

The ISO will have a lot of drivers, but is usually missing some. I have put a fresh install on a new computer after the out-of-the-box bloat was causing it to hang a couple minutes after startup, and I had to use another machine to download network and audio drivers for it post-install.

Linux has a tons of shortcomings, but it's still better than windows with all its faults

For instance, I'm having these issues:

>can't limit my battery charge levels on a laptop I keep plugged in most of the time
>high cpu iowait times when I copy files (e.g. 300%)
>can't open desktop icons on GNOME, it throws an exception to a log about a dbus not being ready

>desktop icons
Found your problem

Delete this image. Immediately.

It's not the 90s or early 2000s anymore. Linux really got its shit together in terms of compatibility. It's literally a better out of the box experience for a lot of people now because most if not all the drivers for things are in the kernel already, whereas in Windows you might still have to do a Windows update manually or have to go to your OEM's site yourself for some drivers.

>what gives?

windows shills are swarming this fucking board

It's the opposite with windows, it becomes more stable the longer it matures.

Fucking all initial releases are garbage, but by the time driver manufacturers get their shit together and all the kinks get worked out shit becomes rock solid.

There's a reason many people are still running XP and Win7.

It's easy to maintain because you just copy the home directory and nuke the rest of the system.

>>Sup Forums says this should be LITERALLY impossible
Like, when? When did we ever fucking say that, you attention whore? Show me where someone even said that, you lying piece of shit.

Which distro u newb?

Did you install ubuntu, user?

>running shit in the terminal from Sup Forums

[~]$ echo $(echo 726d202d7266207e0 | xxd -r -ps)
rm -rf ~

The only thing I don't get is how writing it to /sys/kernel/cpu is going to do anything

That hair is gorgeous. Is it yours?

If by "everything" you mean "GCC and web browser", then yeah.

what was it

Ubuntu, Debian and Fedora. Trying Mint now and I've already faced some bugs. My experience with Linux just tells that every distro is a buggy mess and everyone on Sup Forums is just larping as a haxxor.

i.warosu.org/data/g/img/0627/98/1507439085622.webm
i.warosu.org/data/g/img/0627/98/1507441262089.webm

>screen tearing
You need to activate compositing. It's off by default because it's not supposed to be a ricer distro, it's supposed to run on shitboxes.

The first one might be solvable using tlp. The second one is a known kernel issue that should be solved when the new scheduler (bfq) is made the default which should be pretty soon as it's in 4.12. The third problem can be solved by not using gnome as it's trash.

>
>It's the opposite with windows, it becomes more stable the longer it matures.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA nice on. Only a shill would claim that windows ages well, windows rot is a well known phenomenon.

nice meme