Anyone replaced systemd on Debian or Arch? Is it stable after doing so?

Anyone replaced systemd on Debian or Arch? Is it stable after doing so?

>devuan
>artix

maybe you should learn systemd instead of restricting yourself to a few niche autismo distros.

you sound way out of your depth

I heard devuan is outdated/abandoned. Is that true?
But muh unix philosophy REEEEEE

I have, but it's shit.
No other init system halt a computer entirely because a non-required filesystem wasn't found at boot.
Or a halt system boot for 5-10 minutes because you have a network filesystem in the fstab and systemd couldn't deal with it.

systemd is shit, I'm glad sysvinit is gone, but I'm not glad systemd replaced it.
I'm still a little mad a Apple for not appropriately licensing launchd in time.

>Unix philosophy
If you actually knew how it works out in the end, you'd hate it. Crack open a fucking book next time before thinking you know everything after typing "ls" in a terminal from Ubuntu.

haha you are funny

Unix is shit, but it's better than 'post unix'
Reminder that we had AI and machine learning close to what we had ~6 years ago in 1977.
Symbolics was and always will be the most underrated computer company of all time.

Lennart Poettering detected

>systemd enforces the fail/nofail options in fstab as per muh UNIX that sysvinit was too dumb to deal with
reeee why wont my system boot its all lenny potterys fault

>launchd
>editing ridiculously verbose xml shit
no thank you

So the same as systemd but less stable and less modular?

Well Devuan IS Debian so its gonna be a little outdated. Don't know about abandoned but it only had 1 release 6 months ago. AFAIK you can just install Debian and remove systemd and install SysVinit. Artix is great, literally just Arch with OpenRC. I even got it to work with kinda new hardware. Pic related

why would I replace systemd?

systemd is awesome!

What are some advantages of systemd over other init systems?

I don't care about init systems since I don't use them, I just like systemd because it works.

>no need for shitty patches to fix packages dependent on systemd
>systemd-boot
>systemd-networkd
>fastest boot/shutdown times

Nice try, Lennart

runit is smooth. Fastest i've seen so far.

t. Distrohopper