Show me an equivalent computer for the same price or less

Show me an equivalent computer for the same price or less.

Don’t forget the 5k monitor, the Xeon processor, 2666 MHz RAM (you can leave out the ECC part since that’s too hard to find at a reasonable price), ultra fast SSD (960 Pro is the closest equivalent), 10 GB Ethernet and high quality peripherals (keyboard, mouse, speakers, 1080p webcam)

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/z-AKUCW9z3QIuaU6QRbRHg/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/_glUELz4vv9hjRZ8x1cIKg/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/VNbuaDIfThMAlAASqaI0Kw/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/epKkMUP2mAJphUDLwAIY4w/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/llF-zz9URlbvsF7nE4mG0w/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/LDMvhb3n444ISJRI9u7YZQ/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/uskkuBo91wIlsRF2wxGiLg
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/cqSr-2OIIrWCcTMw_U-HEw/
browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/5753389
browser.geekbench.com/macs/426
ark.intel.com/compare/124943,123613,123613
cpubenchmark.net/compare.php?cmp[]=3110&cmp[]=3035
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/thread/63992126/#63993190
browser.geekbench.com/ios_devices/52
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>1FD7ECBB-F6C0-498A-9F5F-6
You're like a clockwork daily apple shill user.
How long until you can afford one?

>>wake up on christmas day
>>first order of business is to shill his fruit cult toys
>SAD!

Truly, I've never seen a more pathetic loser than this one sad Apple drone. He makes even /r9k/ autists look socially well adjusted.

archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/z-AKUCW9z3QIuaU6QRbRHg/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/_glUELz4vv9hjRZ8x1cIKg/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/VNbuaDIfThMAlAASqaI0Kw/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/epKkMUP2mAJphUDLwAIY4w/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/llF-zz9URlbvsF7nE4mG0w/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/LDMvhb3n444ISJRI9u7YZQ/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/uskkuBo91wIlsRF2wxGiLg
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/cqSr-2OIIrWCcTMw_U-HEw/

>can‘t discuss mac without thread being deleted or muh shill posts
>wincurry is just fine
the state of Sup Forums

its this thread again... its been a few weeks since i saw it last time but i dont sit here 24/7 so i may have missed some of them.

Sup Forums is literally filled with NEETs, poorfags and street shitting pajeets who hate Apple because they can’t afford it.

Here’s an experiment to try: get similar pictures of a Note 8 and iPhone X. Make identical threads telling Sup Forums about your purchase. Watch how the Note 8 thread goes normally while the iPhone X thread gets derailed by poor tags spamming their shitty memes.

>discuss
2 rupees have been deposited to your Apple Evangelism Account.

Base model machine is reasonably priced but underwhelming.

Upgraded machine is ridiculously over priced and you can make a more powerful machine with an 8k Dell monitor for less instead.

You wouldn't be a poorfag that can only afford the base model, would you?

Enjoy your overpriced grill user

Haha, nice try Apple shill.

Can’t we discuss the merits of the base level iMac pro without calling each other poor fags?

>who hate Apple because they can’t afford it.
the only defense retarded apple drones have had since the launch of iphone. hilarious they still do it, anyone would have realized its beyond pathetic by now

>2666 MHz RAM
Amazing. I did not know iRam could be so fast!

/thread

Good lad, beat me to it.

Also worth pointing out that if you're looking at the higher end, the iMac goes up to $13k for the 18 core and for that money you're into dual socket EPYC territory.

And this one won't fucking overheat. An i9 and a Vega GPU, both known for being colossal housefires, in a box that small? Ahaha.

OP blown the fuck out.

HAHAHA APPLE ETERNALLY BTFO'D

This is fake.

Note how the price for the monitor is pasted in. That’s because that monitor is discontinued.

You’re also using a cheaper SSD and cpu.

>cheaper SSD and cpu.
Which will still perform far better than the throttled iShit.

Do you idiots even read?

He showed a very similar PC for the same price.

you can still find the montior for this price, that's the point
> m-muh cheaper ssd and cpu
yeah and double the ram, double the cores and fucking quadruple storage, also way better video card
fuck itoddlers in denial are so stupid

You gave him a (you) user.
Big mistake.

You have a choice on this iMac:
>high quality
>speakers
Now kys unironically fucking faggot

>very similar
are you fucking stupid?read the specs nigger

It's not true and you know it.
You are just a hater probably using windows(linux/unix users aren't dumb haters).

> n-not true
applefags in denial

You are not just get individual components on an iMac, you get components that are chosen specificly to complement each other so that there is no bottlenecking at any point
Dont forget the hardware software compatibility that doesn't exist on windows and the free apple support. And last but not least the unboxing and user experience.
Basically your point is dishonest and lacks all context

It has an inferior drive and CPU, better ram and graphics and a discontinued monitor with a made up price copy pasted in.

>components that are chosen specifically to throttle each other
Fixed.

>Apple
>No bottlenecking
AHAHAAAAAHH
>hardware sofware comatibilty
you do realize every piece of computer hardware works with windows?
>free apple support
that's right geniuses will repair your machine and not tell you to buy a new one
>unboxing experience

In typical windows user fashion no arguments just (dumb) opinions

in typical shill fashion no arguments just apple's opinions

People that buy apple products prefer form over function. So stop arguing with them because they are nonsensical.
If you want to buy a pretty and expensive computer go ahead it's you fucking money.

>People that buy apple products prefer form over function.

Until it comes to the iPhone X, when the anti-apple crew are suddenly obsessed with form and think that filling up part of the screen with unused blank bezels is a good idea.

And still nobody has managed to convince me that the base iMac Pro is overpriced.

hiding the screen only for a cool looking design is form over function you fucking mongoloid
we also proved that is is overpriced but you won't listen

A 16 core Threadripper is vastly better than an 8 core Xeon at any work station task. This is even more true given the thermal constraints the iMac will impose on the Xeon.

And of course the high end iMacs with the 18 core Xeon cost more than a dual Epyc workstation with 64 cores & similar accessories.

>paying for wangblows
>using wangblows
kys

>hiding the screen only for a cool looking design is form over function you fucking mongoloid

Holy shit are you fucking serious? The notch is to contain the TrueDepth camera system you god damned idiot. Apple took a very functional approach of only taking up part of top of the screen for this rather than having whole bezels like other phones.

And no you didn’t prove it is overpriced. You showed a PC which is better in some ways, inferior in others, and uses a discontinued screen with a made up price.

You mean better CPU? Twice core count for compute

better than using fag os X

I’m not going to spend time debating the merits of a Xeon versus a thread ripper in various circumstances.

The fact is the Xeon sells for about twice the price. Evidently, some people think the Xeon is a lot better than the threadripper. So to make an even comparison, any PC you make to compare should use the Xeon, not a cheaper threadripper.

>muh TrueDepth camera
no one fuckign cares, it's fucking shit, can a kind user post the article of asians unlocking their phones?
a fucking fingerprint on the back is more secure and uses less bezel.
I proved it was overpriced since it is better in every way
>muh screen
you can still find it for the same price

The Xeon sells for twice the price because Threadripper is retardedly underpriced for what it offers.

>Please make an equivalent or better computer for less money
>No you can't use a cheaper better processor you have to use more expensive parts because cheap parts are far worse because daddy said more money more better, daddy said don't trust benchmarks.

If you make 250 more of these threads maybe you'll have enough shillbux to afford a used iphone SE, pajeet

Holy fuck, I never realized just how fucking bad the shilling had become.

>no one fuckign cares, it's fucking shit, can a kind user post the article of asians unlocking their phones?
>a fucking fingerprint on the back is more secure and uses less bezel.

We were discussing the form vs function in apple products, not the merits of faceID.

Incidentally though, faceID is a lot more convenient and secure than rear facing fingerprint scanners. Here’s he thing, you are wrong and will continue screaming about how the fingerprint scanner until 2019 or 2020 when Samsung finally catches up to apple and has a functional faceID if their own.

The PC you showed is not better in every way. It has a slower, cheaper SSD (you need to use a 960 Pro to get the same results) and you are also using a cheaper threadripper instead of the Xeon W-2145 in the iMac pro.

If the thread ripper was such amazing value then nobody would buy intel processors.

Prove your claims that it is better or gtfo.

You mean the same way no one bought the 770 3gb over the R9 290?
People buy it because they don't case and the cost is tax deductible and are a large business. For small time individual value is more important

>The fact is the Xeon sells for about twice the price. Evidently, some people think the Xeon is a lot better than the threadripper.
Is this person actually retarded?

If the intel was so much better then no one would buy thread ripper
Prove it or btfo?

You do know why the Intel chip is pricy as fuck, right? Or are you some mongoloid that only buys pretty computers?

>If the thread ripper was such amazing value then nobody would buy intel processors.
Do you always shop for maximum value?
Do you do most of your shopping at dollar stores? Go to the cheap supermarkets only?

Sometimes the reason you buy a particular platform is because you have 20 racks of the same platform you aren't going to replace and you want them to all be the same platform so you don't have to deal with different drivers, different system images and so on.

Ok I found some benchmarks from geekbench:

1950x threadripper
4443 single core
26310 multi core

browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/5753389

iMac pro 8-core processor
4982 Single core
30240 Multi core

browser.geekbench.com/macs/426

>inb4 anti Mac retard claim that geekbench is somehow invalid because it gives scores they don’t like, while failing to provide benchmarks of their own

The threadripper sold like hot cakes because it was consumer tier pricing for xeon levels of multi threaded performance.
The i9 is also amazing but you pay quite the premium for it's single core performance over the 1950x.

Also let me explain in simple terms why AMD managed to make a "xeon" tier CPU for such a low price, they literally glue tiny CPUs together and make their big CPU.
Making tiny CPUs are cheaper and easier because big CPUs like intel makes also imply a lot of them will be defective in the manufacturing process.
If AMD was making their shit just like intel, you can bet there wouldn't be a threadripper for less than 2k dollars.

>inb4 amd shill
I'm literally using an LGA 2011v3 system here and I am considering moving either to a TR4 or waiting for Epyc to get cheaper in the used market and slap 2 in the system.

>Incidentally though, faceID is a lot more convenient and secure than rear facing fingerprint scanners
Oh, you're the faggot from last night we eternally blew the fuck out of now back again using the exact same blown the fuck out arguments.

Get a better benchmark, geekbench is trash at best.

Well the burden of proof is on you. YOU are the one saying the cheaper threadripper is an acceptable substitute for the more expensive Xeon. I am not making any qualitative comparison of the two, simply saying that to make a similar PC build you have to either use a Xeon to make an equal comparison, or prove objectively that the thread ripper is an acceptable substitute.

I have already proven you wrong though. The Xeon is 20% faster than the threadripper.

Why don’t YOU get a better benchmark?

After all, the burden of proof is on you. YOU are the one claiming that the threadripper is an acceptable substitute for the Xeon.

Whatever pajeet. You have never used faceID. I have and like most people who have used it, I realize it is the future of smartphone unlock systems.

Thread ended here. Everyone that posted afterwards are baited retards giving (You)s to shills.

Macs. For the brilliant, the inspired. The down-to-business dreamers-up of tomorrow. The high-fliers of the future. There is no alternative. Cut the crap. Anything else is simply wasting time. Wasting precious moments propping up a half-functioning OS. Clunky, convoluted shit-systems. Defunct garbage. Not havin it. Mac OS X, the epitome of computing, setting the standard and raising the bar. Taking things to a whole new level. While nobodypeople hype their dull selves up for building a failure-rig. A gaming loser-station. The mac user is truly a higher tier of person. A refined, intelligent, hyper-creative high-achiever with practical priorities. Unstoppable. Dirty pc peasants fail at life. Nowhere-goers. Stagnant fatasses. Jealous bitchboys. Mac OS X is the supreme, the ultimate, the final perfect choice, Mac OS X.

Because Threadripper just came out and Intel yields are so shite comparatively they can't drop prices enough to compete?

tl;dr Ryzen chips are effectively made up of lots of quad cores glued together, a 32 core EPYC need eight perfect yields. A 32 core Xeon, meanwhile, would need a single perfect yield of 32/32 cores. That's way fucking harder.

That Threadripper has twice the cores of the Xeon with roughly equivalent clock speed/IPC.

>I have and like most people who have used it, I realize it is the future of smartphone unlock systems.
>i have
No you haven't.

M O R E C O R E S

And that's a ten core i9 versus the eight core Xeon, so it's an even bigger gap. Right now if you're in the market for a shit ton of cores there's zero reason to go Intel.

Your benchmark picture doesn’t have a Xeon on it.

ALSO the 4 thunderbolt 3 expansion cards

Have you ever seen what goes on in Note 8 shilling threads?

The Note 8 isn't much cheaper than the iPhone X anyways.
They're both overpriced pieces of shit, the Note 8 just happens to be a little less shitty.

>inb4 user calls me a Note 8 shill

Because nobody gives a shit about eight core Xeons, so nobody benchmarks them.

ark.intel.com/compare/124943,123613,123613

Three thousand fuckin dollars for eight cores? That's EPYC territory, and you can get 32.

That i9 is the equivalent of the "consumer" level xeon just like the threadripper is the equivalent consumer level of the epyc chip.

Also please don't even google comparisons of xeon golds and epyc chips because it gets sad once you see one having 60% more performance than the other in heavily multi threaded applications in server environment.

The 7900 is effectively the Xeon from the Mac without the extra garnish and with two more cores. For straight benchmarks, it's a reasonable replacement.

cpubenchmark.net/compare.php?cmp[]=3110&cmp[]=3035 the only benchmark i could find

You can easily tell the faggot in this thread because he doesn't capitalize the F or T in TouchID and FaceID, possibly copying the iShit naming scheme even though they don't.

archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/thread/63992126/#63993190

Shouldn't be surprised he is back saying the same old things.

Yes I have.

The i9 is not a Xeon. The i9-7900x is cheaper than the Xeon in the iMac pro by 1-200 dollars.

>that aliasing
At least learn how to Photoshop.

Oh look, it's the mentally deranged britbong iToddler. Go seek psychiatric help for your mental disorder, it isn't healthy.

My PC?
It's better IPC and Better PPW, bit only does 3.8ghz, so the imac is better there.
More ram, better speeds AND latency.
Better GPUs
Better display
Internal ports, no need for encumbered bullshutouts.

I only have 4GB/s though, not 10GB/s so It manages to finally win on one thing.

See:
delusional idiot

Ok, so in conclusion every direct comparison between the Xeon in the iMac Pro and the thread ripper 1950X has the iMac Pro about 20% ahead. Got it.

Remake the comparison pic with a new PC build, with a 960 Pro SSD and a Xeon, and a monitor that is still in production.

You are an idiot.

Wow thanks for posting your PC including specs so I can make a comparison. You sure showed me.

See:

just look at his posts, this is just a really retarded shill thread or a troll thread

just look here, i've said nothing about amd in my post at all, the comparison doesn't even have a threadripper but he still talks about it

sage and fuck off

That’s just the Sup Forums malware which is blocked by default on my phone.

Do you really own a new imac?
I'd love to do bench comparisons, but not until you post proof you're a real new imac user.
I will straight away admit where will be better specs than mine, but I'm not posting first, since this is a 'macfag' competition.

Try stay on topic. Let’s recap: the thread ripper 1950x is not an acceptable substitute for the Xeon in the iMac pro.

Someone needs to remake the PC part picker build above, doing the following:

-replacing the SSD with a 960 Pro
-replacing the thread ripper with the comparable Xeon
-replacing the discontinued monitor with a 5k that is still in production
-using 32 gb of ram instead of 64 go
-using the Radeon Pro 56 instead of 64

Two of those things will make the build cheaper but as a whole it will likely make the build slightly more expensive than the iMac pro.

>The i9 is not a Xeon. The i9-7900x is cheaper than the Xeon in the iMac pro by 1-200 dollars.

Do you know why Xeons are so expensive? I'll give you a hint, it's not because they magically perform better than another CPU from the same generation with higher clocks and more cores. A 16 core CPU versus an 8 core CPU, with similar clocks and similar IPC, what the fuck do you think is going to happen?

Where did I say I owned a new iMac? How is that even relevant to this thread? I am trying to make a comparison between the base level iMac pro and a comparable self built PC. What PC I personally own is irrelevant to that.

>the thread ripper 1950x is not an acceptable substitute for the Xeon in the iMac pro.

Yes it fucking is. It blows the Xeon out of the water, with similar singlethreaded performance and twice the cores for under half the price.

This is not an "Apple overcharges for parts" thread, this is an "Apple has garbage parts" thread. There's no point putting in a worse and more expensive part.

Such an obvious bait, ffs...

Actually the only direct benchmark comparison suggests the Xeon has ~20% higher multi core performance.

*blocks your path*
Nothing personel, kid.

I'm sorry, what?

Sigh. That’s an i7. Not a Xeon.

I posted a benchmark above which compares the Xeon to the thread ripper and the Xeon is 20% better.

You posted fucking Geekbench. Geekbench says the

browser.geekbench.com/ios_devices/52

>Iphone X has 40% of the computing power of a 16 core server chip

Yeah, Geekbench is definitely a good benchmark.

Sorry, you can’t just ignore geekbench because it gives results you don’t like.

So far the only comparison between the Xeon and the thread ripper we can find is on geekbench. And the Xeon is 20% faster.

Based on that, we can’t assume that the thread ripper is a fine substitute for the Xeon in making a PC comparable to the iMac pro.

Sup Forums children once more.
I'm not personally a big fan of Apple products, but the people I know who are excited about this will probably buy four or five to swap out their "dustbins" for.
5k is a lot of money to ask mummy for, its nothing in real life as a business expense.

But only Appel throttles like no other

Do you understand that a Xeon has comparable performance to a similarly specced consumer part? Yes or no.

Why is 40% an unbelievable number. What is a believable number? What do you base this off?