Why haven't you installed FreeBSD yet?

Why haven't you installed FreeBSD yet?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zqT9VCVa-RY&t=38s
vez.mrsk.me/freebsd-defaults.txt
github.com/torvalds/linux/tree/master/drivers/net/wireless/realtek/rtlwifi/rtl8192ee
github.com/torvalds/linux/tree/master/drivers/net/wireless/realtek/rtlwifi/rtl8188ee
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Because I'm a retard and see no merits of using it over any sane Operating System. L

I have its on my server.
youtube.com/watch?v=zqT9VCVa-RY&t=38s

because it barely works for desktops

Also if your a windows user you should leave.

Anything outside of some standard, mainstream linux distro or literally windows is autistic tier.
Seriously.

openbsd and mac os are better bsds :^
>linux
>not autistic tier

Desu, so far it seems like a better server platform, at least for old hardware.

It also has very good documentation, and isn't too difficult to get up and running.

Even worse, I use Aplel FagOS.

Anything is better then windows 10 desu

No drivers.
No docker.
Shitty security ( vez.mrsk.me/freebsd-defaults.txt )
Half-assed software support.

FreeBSD offers hardening of these defaults during setup, argument invalid.

It doesn't offer ASLR tho, that's a fucking disgrace.

Been using since 6.0 poste

If you actually read the document, most of it is about source code, hardcoded shit and stupid base system software selection.

Because it makes my laptop extremely hot due to the lack of power management on amd hardware. Does dragonflyBSD have better amd support?

cuck license

Because OpenBSD is better.

Because it doesn't support RTL8188EE

why would I use it rather than openbsd

how to I port this shit
github.com/torvalds/linux/tree/master/drivers/net/wireless/realtek/rtlwifi/rtl8192ee
to BSD*?

Because yesterday I've installed openPEPE. I'm not interested in BSD, I don't care about it.
Tell me why should I?

t.I use my computer not as hobby

fuck I meant this
github.com/torvalds/linux/tree/master/drivers/net/wireless/realtek/rtlwifi/rtl8188ee

I love FreeBSD, I used it for years, but it's dead now.

Because I'm already using the best of Unices.

I have. I have it installed on one laptop and my main box.

Using it as a desktop works really well, and the OS is snappy and doesn't use valuable resources that should be allocated to the task you are using the machine for. Ports has a huge array of software too.

It doesn't support a large range of hardware, so you have to buy hardware specifically for FreeBSD but that's no problem.

I did. It's garbage. Stop shilling garbage.

I want to fall for BSD meme, but neither FreeBSD-stable nor openBSD support my 1.5 years old GPU

elaborate? dead as in lack of use, lack of devs, innovation, what?

Why would you even use docker when you have jails that can do the same exact thing?
Also when it comes to server grade hardware all the needed drivers are there and you rarely need to install them separately, compared to Windows.

>Sup Forums
>kernel programmers

no driver support for my gpu and wifi card

Is it still stuck on KDE4?

No, why?

I don't see a benefit over gahnoo plus loonix.

KDE5 port wasn't ready when I checked few months ago.

can someone answer this? I also wonder about the advantages of BSD over loonix, but can never get a straight answer.

native ZFS is one advantage