>piguiqproxy
>more being added by the day
>javascriptless posting being broken 4 out of 7 days a week

>running nonfree javascript
that's your own fault

Pizzaguy was right all along.

>implying hiro won’t break that soon
>implying you’ll leave when he does.
>even if it’s not, implying you’re not using a proprietary image board and by doing so supporting the use of proprietary software and SaaS.

Gonna bump this. This argument is the only thing that's stopped me from ever going to cripplechan. Is it worse than Sup Forums?

Lack of dedication, discipline, morals. Also though the lack of a readily available alternative that avoids all of the same pitfalls.

What?

I don't really care about the proprietary meme, I just don't like Windows.

>that gif
I remember when that happened.
Some guys from USP made him fucking angry.
Plebs, he should have come to my university when I was there instead. Fuck USP.

>What's this thread?
A certain proprietary site mines your data like Facebook. The users of said site claim to oppose such practices, but still partake in it. Hardly an ideal situation.

not using 8ch already ...

>cripple chan
literally the only board alive there is Sup Forums

>install a dummy operating system such as windows 10 on a dummy computer
>create essentially a public computer for playing video games, browsing Sup Forums, fake emeils, fake accounts
>never connect an imaging device to it, never connect it to your home network, use public wifi, neighbors wifi, etc.
>never save any personal images, videos etc.

Get it? It doesnt matter that there is a backdoor in your cpu, that microshit is spying trough the os, that google is data collecting trough your browser, if none of the data matters.

For everything personal use another computer with a solid GNu/Linux installed.

8ch also "data-mines", just likely not for marketing purposes. If what's happened can happen again, moving anywhere is kinda pointless.

What? It should be the opposite. Cripplechan uses its own Captcha and no google javascript shit.

It was because he did a whole lecture in Spanish/English (can't remember which one) but half of the audience couldn't understand it so he had to start over and sperged out a little.

>can't remember which one
Knowing him, both.

Do we know if there's a difference in scale or intention?

>Pizzaguy
Who?

Ok, this is worth knowing about. What's the story?

True, but that board's still better than a lot of ours.

>It should be the opposite
Are you sure? I'm pretty sure that I've heard that 8 does some nasty stuff that 4 doesn't.

I only use FLOSS when it doesn't inconvenience me. Does Fedora run the programs I need for personal use at home? Yes it does. Cool, I'll keep that on my pain partition on my laptop. Does it run the AutoCAD software I need for work? No? Well I guess I'm keep a Windows 10 partition. Is Coreboot able to start GRUB and can GRUB start Windows and Fedora? Cool, I'm using Coreboot.

you can use Sup Forums without any nonfree javascript. I am using Sup Forums without any page scripts enabled right now.

Freefags are some of the most retarded little teenagers you'll ever encounter. They'll buy an Android smartphone and use a cellular service and lecture you on 'botnets'. You either go full Stallman or you're just a faggot fedora poser.

That's rather retarded, some protection is better than none

ahem, Sup Forums is anonymous...why else do you think our posts say "anonymous" and not "Jon Doe"

[citation needed]

>not knowing the pizzaguy who starved himself due to nonfree javascript

Storytime. Now.

Even with js disabled
there's still the google captcha

>data mining a board compose of NEETS, poorfags, weeboos and soyboys

You dun goofed

why he mad

This is exactly why I gave up on librefagging and now have a chromebook pixel and half a dozen other botnet google devices. You literally can't fight it anymore. It's fucking insanely impractical.

>be me
>20y/o librefag
>dumbphone + X60 cuz muh freedom
>foss home server for mail/mycloud
>literally keep the dumbphone off and battery detached during the day so no tracking data to the marketing fags
>fast-forward a couple years...
>get a job
>"user, we're going to need you to have this botnet phone on you during work hours and on-call hours"
>...
>"Oh and user, you're going to love the company laptops. They're BotnetBook PROS!"
>I_have_no_mouth_and_I_must_scream.png
>literally have the botnet forced on you at any place of gainful employment
>literally 99% of fellow employees are normie tier and the only way to interact with them is through botnets
>literally the only way to stay libre is to divorce from reality and live like a hermit

Eventually I just had enough. Sold the fosskit shit on ebay to another budding freefag that wanted the oppressive guilt I felt. I was actually free. Free of giving a shit that some marketing company was pouring over my clicks. Free of caring what muh feds think about my shitposting. Free of the prison mentality that is FOSS.

>google captcha doesn't use js

>20
welcome to reality user. you basically have your freedom device you use from home and then everything else is botnet. it's the only practical way to live. think about it,
>log in to work network on your arch linux, libreboot with spoofed mac address
they identify you in seconds because you're the only one in the place running linux

the biggest problem with free software is that it doesn't blend into proprietary stuff at all, which just makes it vastly easier to flag down. all you can do is spoof your mac and get a trustworthy vpn with good encryption. if you libre boot fine but frankly i don't think intel or amd would risk being sued out of existence if their hardware was disclosing corporate secrets 24/7. honestly the biggest defense against data mining etc is just don't give them anything other than market shit. the biggest worry really is coming on here and posting, Sup Forums posting data with ip tags would identify most people honestly.

i'd bet my mortgage that 90% of ppl here don't browse with a vpn or spoofed mac, and i'd say their ip address rarely changes. all you'd have to do is start tying together ip addresses to major sites like fb, google, etc and this site is as anonymous as fb is

That's the joke though. No matter how much spoofing you do, the game is up with one minor opsec slip. What kind of life is it to maintain that? Maybe a single guy with no life can pull it off, but a man with family and friends? Nah.

I don't support that level of acceptance, but there is no reason to make personal privacy a schizo obsession online. Just do what you need on a platform that works.

Communists are retarded, news at 11.

>Use a VPN
>Properly set up filters
>Properly set up uMatrix
>Amazon and Google now think I'm a 65 year old man with a vested interest in extreme sports because I refuse to let them use any analytics on me
Wow that was fucking hard

But proxy's and exit nodes are all banned

This. Anything nifty happens on an OpenBSD setup with full disk encryption.

Should also note that home security systems should always always be air gapped, with maybe the exception of that Ring doorbell since it's just the outside of your door and you can remotely monitor package dropoff.

How new are you?

I think that I've just missed a good year, I've not been on Sup Forums in a while.

proxies are only banned for non-passholders

t. passholder on a proxy

So much fucking this. Being a FOSS, linbre, /fucko/ fag is so much trouble that it's a wonder if it's worth it.

Like seriously, in order to convince myself to do that shit I'd have to sit down and write a fucking book on how I'd benefit from doing it, and even then, what do you say to the man in the street who asks why you're in to all of this weird shit? It should be simple, but I bet that nobody on Sup Forums can give me a one sentence explanation for why even something as small as setting up a VPN is worth it. At least with full disk encryption you've got the vague defences of anti-theft, but I've never seen anyone do any better than that.

Do you have a smartphone by you?

Your smartphone has GPS, most likely a camera, front to back, records audio.

And you're worried about facebook trying to sell you anime pillows

What is old than a year.

You cannot avoid Facebook's data mining, but you can buy a pass with bitcoin and avoid Jewgle's captcha.
I use NoScript, uBO, uMatrix & 4chanX and have no problems with piguiqproxy breaking the CSS or whatever.

>You cannot avoid Facebook's data mining
Just don't make an account?

chan? That’s perfectly fine
what? everyone here knows that 4chink is a cia nigger honeypot.
you must be new here.

I've heard that 8 is worse, apparently they've got enough brains to know that we're full of shit. It's the guys who need another layer of obscurity that they worry about.

Good goy, keep paying for the privilege of being infected with malware goy.

What was the thing in his hand?

Water bottle.

youtube.com/watch?v=jskq3-lpQnE

oh man, this is a classic; can't believe i had never seen it. can't help feeling bad for him here but it was still good for a laugh.

Nice blog

>3 lines
>blog

>they identify you in seconds because you're the only one in the place running linux
Shut the fuck up, idiot. Security through obscurity doesn't matter and doesn't work. Don't even consider it.

He was trying to talk to BRs then it got way too frustrating. 100% serious

That was all on the same line...

Chimpout starts about 2:05...cash son

new

>Security through obscurity doesn't matter and doesn't work
Aren't you proving his point?

Battle Rifles?

Brazilians

Richard Stallman was giving a talk in Brazil. If memory serves, he doesn't know Portuguese but he's fluent in English and Spanish so he asked which language he should talk in. A lot of Brazilians are fluent in English and Spanish as well, but they were being obnoxious and kept making him switch languages. Then his artistic ass lost it.

>coming to Brazil

he's lucky to be alive

Video of the OP gif?

Never mind...

Only the loud minority have a problem with proprietary software and advertising data, don't lump us all together with those hypocritical crazies.

Anyone can scrape a webpage. you signed up to the botnet the minute you post shit public

html content blocker masterrace

How?

CAN'T YOU SEE HOW HORRRIBLE THIS IS??

Mate, have you seen the specs on the Chromebooks?

Sty did nothing wrong
Everyone else is a retard for wanting to listen to him and not speaking English.

Also, people overstimate how similar are Spanish and Portuguese.
You can understand the other, but not someone who doesn't speak it as a mother tongue, there's a two-level error there, from speaking a different language with a foreing accent too

He should have gone on in English and fuck the hues

Rare. I got a slightly different version.

Maybe the artist at some point decided to be less of a casual and put some actual code there instead of meme scribbles. There are other changes, so I think it was the original artist, but can't find a high res pic of the code one, so I lost interest.

Are you a Spanish speaker by any chance?

>washed up lawyer brings forth the destruction of civilization making way for barren grasslands and birds
wew

They got hacked and were found to to be logging IP’s and attaching them to posts despite claiming otherwise. Check out the page on 8ch: wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php
My details are murky, but I also heard that early on ownership of the site was usurped, that the admin is a mason, and that the site is a gov honeypot.

No it's a wireless mic, he slams it against the table and jostles a cup or bottle of water

Oh

*eats ur foot*

There is literally nothing wrong with being a mason

friends dad is a mason (the leader of the chapter actually. it's just a club to discuss how much you hate niggers in the modern sense though)

I'm joining my chapter, I know what it is.
Regardless, I'd say talking about how much you hate "niggers" is more of a side effect of any grouping of adults.

>buy Sup Forums pass last year for $20
>cost of Sup Forums pass is now $280 due to bitcoin's stratospheric rise
>Sup Forumstards will defend this retardation as an intelligent move

Fuck off, this is just proof that capitalism works

not a very interesting story, but some guy made a thread a while back about how a pizza website (papa johns iirc) used javascript on its site, so said user came to the conclusion the botnet wanted him to starve. the image used in said post can be found at nonfree.pizza

>He gazed up at the enormous face. Forty years it had taken him to learn what kind of smile was hidden beneath the dark moustache. O cruel, needless misunderstanding! O stubborn, self-willed exile from the loving breast! Two gin-scented tears trickled down the sides of his nose. But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Big Brother