>Kdenlive as video editor
>Kate as text editor
>Dolphin as file manager
>Okular as pdf viewer
>Krita as drawing software
>KoulourPaint as a Paint replacement

From the Gnome project :
>...maybe Gparted ?

How can Gnome still be a relevant free software project ?

Other urls found in this thread:

humblebundle.com/books/be-a-coder-books?partner=indiekings
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>hurr durr, what I use everyone uses
Sure pal.

I only picked the softwares that were objectively the best in their category

Just tell me 1 relevant Gnome software

flowblade
geany
spacefm
atril
inkscape
gimp

as for gnome, atril is from mate, a fork of gnome2's evince

Why you even talking about KDE and GNOME software? Implying that no one else develops software?
If you're trying to start a DE war, then GTFO, no one likes you.

because it's the two biggest sofwtare oriented project on GNU/Linux, I didn't even talk about DE you know

>From the KDE project:
>here's a list guys of some KDE software it's cool and all
>From the GNOME project:
>oh, guys idk, maybe gparted? How can gnome even be relevant, kek
>konqui.png

>oh noes, I don't want to start DE war, I don't mention any DEs, lel, it's just a convenience that KDE and GNOME projects has same name DEs, lel

KYS with your useless thread.

>hurr durr KDE and Gnome are only DE

>hurr durr, KDE and GNOME users were on great terms in the past so this totally won't give me any (yous)

KDE offers objectivelly the best, most feature-rich software there is (due to KDe philosophy of not treating users like literal retards), and qt makes porting software to Windows/Mac a breeze, but denial is strong among gtk fanboys. Gnome is only popular because it was forced onto users by top players and Plasma used to suck bug-wise.

it's not just kde and gnome making linux software
i don't like kde (>3) or gnome (>2)

you're confounding KDE with Plasma and Gnome with Gnome Shell

kdenlive = trash
kate = trash
dolphin = trash
okular = trash
krita = trash
literally who is kolourpaint and its probably trash
gparted = trash

wow everything is trash for you, you must be a cool kids, can I be your friend ?

It's either GNOME or KDE, no one says GNOME SHELL or PLASMA.
OP is biased, should've made a neutral OP.

also:
t.KDE plasma user

that's a rapeable scalie mascot tbqh phamilerino

i don't befriend trash

t. trash

I want to put panties on konqi and sit him on my dick while I jerk his cute little cock

lmao @ this faggot buying into the retarded rebranding bullshit where KDE (and GNOME) are dead set on diluting and destroying what little brand recognition they have.

Seriously what an autistic train wreck. Muh plasma, muh software compilation. Fuck those faggots, it's always been KDE and it always will be, regardless of what they say.

>I'm not misinterpretting your post
>it's only your fault if you don't use words that I use, even if it's not the correct words for these things
>just let me be mad for no reason and stop ennoying me while I shitpost in your thread

dude are you're calling chrome "google" too ?

kde is shit and those app choices are shit, you should feel bad

ITT : KDE shills are right but are also dicks
Gnome shills are butthurted

>From the KDE project :
lewds

Agreed.
someone plz draw Konqi and the XFCE mouse getting some lewd action

Now before mods b& me for shitposting, legit question. Is KDE still heavy af? I remember that nearly 8 years ago it was the most beautiful and heaviest DE there was. I might give it a try, my Arch install is so damn lightweight atm that I think I could give KDE a try without compromising much of my system performance.

>Is KDE still heavy af?
between XFCE and Gnome

You fucking nigger, the title promised us a thread where we share opinions on which Linux programs (i.e. programs only available on Linux) are essential and make Linux + GNU the greatest operating system there is, but you had to make it a shilling thread for a shitty DE. It's almost 2018, why are you still using a DE? A WM and a terminal emulator are the only things you need.

ahah this would probably ends up like this anyway, why pretending to be able to have good threads ?
it's only about memeing it's almost 2018 and you still not find out by yourself

>ahah this would probably ends up like this anyway, why pretending to be able to have good threads ?
> it's only about memeing it's almost 2018 and you still not find out by yourself
It's almost 2018 and there are still illiterate niggers on Sup Forums.

OP didn't start the war peoples are just getting triggered. he's right about the kde/gnome vs plasma/gnome-shell and it's not his fault if most of the peoples here make the mistake

>>Okular as pdf viewer
Fuck Okular, has the worst interface of all KDE Apps ad lots of bugs with other formats like epub and chm.

>Gnome project
You should be looking at the GNU project, that's the whole group of software. GNOME is to Plasma as GNU is to KDE

>okular

I forgot how bad this thing was. Thanks for making me uninstall it again.

>How can Gnome still be a relevant free software project ?
The DE is more stable than KDE. But a house of cards in a twister is more stable than KDE.
But their software is ridiculous.
gedit is useless and has the worst UI ever. Burger menue and everything moves around on click? WTF??
And who ships a DE without a filemanager?
The only relevant G-software besides the DE is gimp.
oh, and their pdf viewer has a saner copy behaviour than okular, so I'd call that one a draw.

OP:
Gparted is agnostic
Gnome disk utility is gnome
partitionmanager is KDE (Wait, didn't gnome have the generic names?)
all 3 run on parted

Cataclysm dda, OpenOffice, ncmpcpp and mpd, IDEs, and SystemD

it's more like GNU > © The GNOME Project > Gnome Shell

>The DE is more stable than KDE
I dunno where this meme came from, Gnome 3 has always been more bugged than KDE on every setup I tested it.
The last time I tryed Gnome it disconnected me by itself, closing all my app, wasting me 2 hour of unsaved work.
At least when Kwin crash it didn't log me out.

Cannonical:
Ubuntu forums
Unity
Everything else they maintain

Mozilla:
Firefox
Thunderbird

KDE:
Kolourpaint
Dolphin (Best file picker)

Oracle:
Java
Virtualbox

MPV
Clementine

the only gnome software that's better is the calculator, because you can enter multiple operations before you press enter and can go back afterwards to change your formula. the gnome calculator behaves a bit like excel while the kde calculator behaves like a basic physical calculator

did konqi poster leave?

>Kate
>slow and massive
>requires X
>takes minutes to open 1000 c files
>with split view, the 'refresh file' dialog gets stuck on one view forever
just use VIM

>Dolphin
>using a graphical file manager

>KolourPaint
>wanting a paint replacement

shit taste OP

humblebundle.com/books/be-a-coder-books?partner=indiekings

is this worth it just for the linux command line alone?

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him.

all you need is available for free on the internet, just google it

>Ctrl+F ranger
>0 result
I'm disappointed, Sup Forums