ARE YOU FEELING IT NOW MR. KRABS

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EBSwFJlOCjY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

non removable?
wrong
not easily removable?
only matters to normal fags

If having the ability to easily replace my battery when I need quick power makes me a normie, yes I am one. Fuck off neckbeard, people have jobs.

Bruh we live in a Type-C world now. Same reason SD cards got replaced with Type C flash drives. Just get a Type C battery and it wont matter

What does having a job have to do with spending a few minutes replacing a battery?
You sound like a dumb and lazy sack of shit.

>removable battery literally saves you the effort of doing surgery to your phone to extract the now malfunctioning battery every two years for the sake of increasing the devce's sustainability
>Trading such an essential freedom for a unibody meme toy that is designed for those who don't have enough brain power to tinker with their phones
>boasting about how you can open your phone as if you have a big dick that you want to show, while a true diy-er knows that the more straightforward and modular the disassembly is the less chances of failure after reassembly
>literally not minding the pain of working with adhesive when you just could have chosen not to
>submitting to the big thick corporate cock with the delusion that you're still not a faggot because balls didn't touch

Are you even Sup Forums? What a joke.

I bet you think that the 3.5 mm headphone jacks are unnecessary and you replace your phone every year with a newer toy too

>retarded goys accept shitty practice
>everybody starts doing it
normies ruin everything

What if I need to replace inawoods?

You have based Apple to thank for this :)

Headphones jacks will be gone by 2019 ;)
Charging ports will be removed by 2021 (wireless charging only) ;)

Apple innovates. Everyone copies.

Their fucking masses is what gives their word strength.. If one faithful person decided to create the "perfect smartphone" his business model would collapse because only the tech enthusiast niche would be his target buyers.

Hence why OnePlus is slowly sliding into the mainstream (both price and features, or lack thereof, more accurately), nexus line is dead and replaced by the glamorous pixel, lg v20 is the last of its kind, and so on and so forth.

>phone out of battery
>take a few seconds to pop back cover off, remove battery, stick in new battery, and put back cover back on
vs
>phone out of battery
>have to attach it to an awkward ass "battery bank" with a cable for however long it takes to charge it back up

i will use my 6y old android phone until the librem meme is available. its still running with the original removable battery and it lasts a day with really heavy use(like doing something on it from when i wake up to when i go sleep) and a week with light use.

the soft bomb batteries are only available for some models tho. you cant just buy a new battery to some random old phone like you can when they are meant to be user replaceable.

>Not having a quickcharge capable cable, powerbank and a phone
Well it's true i miss the easily removable backcover. But with a big battery (4k mAh) i don't really need this feature. At home i can always charge it without a problem. But even at job, there are free socket we can use to charge phomes.

Your vision is limited to the now, user. Removable battery means less chances of consumerist driven buying power.
How long does a battery live before it starts losing performance significantly? Two or three years? By then your phone will be too much of a headache constantly draining charge, constantly being hooked to a power bank. Let alone the fact that quick charging technologies contribute to shortening the life of the battery.

Having a user replaceable battery on a phone means one can simply replace the battery with a new one once the old one malfunctions without having to deal with a device disassembly.

I don't want to replace a piece of tech because the manufacturer planned its lifetime to be less than a couple of years.

first post worst post

What is the manufacturer, user? I don't recall a 2011 android phone that had a 24-hour uptime..
Also I'm a bit out of the loop on the librem thing, what's up with that?

The reason is simple. All these removals mean less upgradability, less repairability, forcing you to buy a new device sooner.

With jew you lose.

Joke's on them, all it's done is made me want to keep using my old phone.

My phone is supports USB-C fast charging and has a removable battery. The powerbank solution is still less desirable because it still has to be attached to my phone for more than a few seconds.
And as said, once the battery goes wonky I can simple replace it without having to source any special tools and dealing with device disassembly.

There simply is no downside to having a removable battery, while a non-removable battery only has downsides in comparison.

Just get a Moto z2 force. When the battery goes bad just buy a battery pack Moto mod

>having to buy modules for what should've been an essential feature
We talking wireless headphones and dongles yeah?

didn't apple recently admit they purposely slow down their older phones?

>buying flagships

is there a poorfag's phone produced or announced in 2017 that offers the build quality, capabilities, and sustainability of a flagship but has a user-replaceable battery? Redpill me user. As if I didn't know.

2016 is the year non-normie smartphones died.

How do you see the future, user?
Do you think a tech company will decide to start making "legacy" and "retro" models (same as lenovo resurrecting thinkpads) ?
I can see nokia doing something like that. They've done it once with the 3310, though that barely had anything that resembles the spirit of its predecessor, and I think they're the company most likely to do it again...

Too bad they fucked it up and made it 2G only, when most of the western world has already or is about to switch off 2G GSM.

you mean switching to 3G/4G?

That happened long before.
Countries are now turning off the 2G networks entirely. (like they to AMPS before it)

we are living in the age of disposable tech. pay $800 for a phone that only lasts maybe 3 years and then either gets crippled by a software update or the internal battery dies. Planned obsolescense. It's also terrible for the environment because literally no one recycles old tech. all that shit is going straight into the landfills.

>buying flagships
good goy

What do
Soon it won't be only flagships. I already have the minimum price slider on 350 euros. That's high-mid-range area.
Just like metal bodies are starting to show on mid range and low end smartphones, non-removable batteries is soon going to be the standard. The changes happen first in the flagship side of the spectrum and it helps us predicting where the rest is going.
Do tell, (((user))), what phone do you use yourself? and how long has it been with you? What will you do when it goes obsolete? Aren't you too concerned??

the new 3310 is not really made by nokia, they just licensed the name

>most of nokia's mobile department staff
>most of the designers and engineers
>finland-based company
"still not nokia"

what will you do when your phone goes obsolete?
options:
>obscure chink shit that won't last a year even with a removable battery
>mid/low range phones with removable batteries, probably a shitty samsung that will make you hate your life
>surrendering to a non-removable battery reasonable phone that is still somewhat poweruser friendly like Moto G5Plus or V30

All I want is an updated Galaxy S5, with the 2:1 screen ratio. Is that too much to ask for?

So get a phone that doesn't have a shit battery to begin with. I work 24 hour shifts sometimes with back-to-back-to-back surgeries and my phone lasts easily through my whole shift and still has enough power for me to unwind after an obnoxious day of lap choles, appendectomies and yanking out tonsils with 10 hours of Netflix binging in an on-call room. When my battery stops holding a charge like that, I'll buy a new one, crack the fucker open, and install a new battery. Of course, I could just be wasteful and buy a new phone but that's what poorfags in denial do. They fuck up their credit leasing a $1,000 rectangle because it's got a fruit on the back.

I took the last option. Got tired of throwing away hundreds of dollars every 18 months or so on iPhones so I bought a G5+ for $75 and I've never been happier. And since the divide in specs across phone iterations is getting smaller and smaller to where the only real change is the camera, i don't see myself replacing this phone anytime soon.

>Essential feature
OP clearly stated that there are no flagships with removable batteries. Going modular is the closest thing you can get to having a replaceable battery

whomst've'd are you quoting

me too, already have lineageos on my note 4 ready for the coming years

im xiaomemeing over here though

why doesn't someone just bring out a phone with low end specs like the moto g5, throw in a decent camera, 1080p screen, removable battery and micro SD, and no chinese malware.

I would buy the shit out of that

I've been using the same phone for years precisely because of this shit. I need a removable battery. I need an SD card slot. I don't need whatever gimmick the apples and the normals are facebooking the tindrs with.

This is what the """essential""" phone should've been.

nothing I just greentexted because I wanted to divide my shit to different points

My Galaxy still battery went bad last month.
Swapped in a new OEM one for $20

I can't imagine how long/much it would take for someone to replace one on a phone without removeable storage

youtube.com/watch?v=EBSwFJlOCjY

Why is the so called premium technology the most obsolescent these days while they're supposed to be the longest living and most repairable?
What is happening?
I-Is this the end of all that's good?

It's called planned obsolescence.
Why would they make durable devices that last a long time?
They want you to buy a new one evey 2 years.
All industries are like this.
Car manufacturing ex.

its funny how people say that paying more gets you better things. it may have been so years ago but now any amount of money gets you same shit in a different case.

>implying you cannot have type c and a removal battery

>4k mAh
kill yourself

WTF is a type c battery. Correct me if I'm wrong but Type c is the connector/port and can charge any battery

Man's got his based Wileyfox Swift 2x lads

What is winphone?

>What is quick charging
>What are power banks
>What are non shit phones

This

Degrades your battery faster
Fedoras for your phone
I don't know, what ARE some non shit phones?

You don't get the point of user replaceable battery, do you?
It's not just hot swapping, see:

>buying flagships
And there's your problem, user. Flagships are just overprized garbage, with some companies even trying to push premium price (almost 1000 dollars)

not buying flagships, just using them as a clue to what direction the whole industry is taking
see and

what makes this one special?

Do you really want a hard access to inner parts of your smartphones/computers?

> overprized
I know it's a spelling mistake but it works.

>What is quick charging
Phone doesn't support it
>What are power banks
So instead of carrying a spare battery you're telling me to carry a spare battery that requires me to be tethered to it.
>What are non shit phones
My phone's removable battery is one of the main reasons it's not shit.

One plus 5t.

The LG V20 was the last best hope, a solid device, exceptional design, great DAC obviously, a proper headphone jack, and of course a proper removable battery.

God dammit, LG, you had the one thing that made you truly unique and you tossed it away, you fucking idiots.

Just like HTC had superior stereo boomsound speakers, and just like how samsung used to have modular and easy to fix phones. They don't sell well so the companies toss them for the sake of achieving a more mainstream appeal.
You can see that in the V30, it lost all the quirky fun stuff for the sake of looking like a glorified G6 or S8

No user-removable battery and the phone is hard to get into without damaging the screen - try again.

Best newish phone I can find with a removable battery is the Moto G5.
>Botnet 7.0
>Octocore
>2GB RAM
>Expandable SD card slot

still have my v20, will keep using it until it dies

>4k mAh
neo-Sup Forums

They have new phones run at unsafe speeds so they can claim it's N times faster than the previous model during the keynote, but they have to silently clock them down after a year or so because the battery can't take the excessive load anymore.

Using v20 with juicy removable 6400 mAh battery and sd card. Don't care about waterproofing and wireless charging. Will probably buy mi max 3 when it comes out as it will have 7" 2:1 screen but use it as a tablet and keep my v20 for actual phone use.

Lenovo hasn't "resurrected" ThinkPads. They took the T470, replaced its keyboard with one that looks like the old one, and is selling it for twice the price.

*bootloops*

Does the V30 have the same faulty board design of the G4 where the ram is poorly soldered right above the CPU? Because that was the cause of bootloops in G4

>There simply is no downside to having a removable battery
One of the reasons many phones stopped having one is for ingress protection. Whether you prioritize removable batteries or ingress protection is subjective, of course, but it is a reason.

>not easily removable?
Just because you *can* do something, doesn't mean it's not a great deal of effort. Especially if the phone isn't just screwed, but glued together.

looks too big. i would buy a tablet or have my x220 with me instead of a phone that does not fit in my pocket comfortably.

>4k mAh
You could just say 4 Ah.

>"Foursome? I'm down."