Why aren't you using a BlackBerry, user?

Why aren't you using a BlackBerry, user?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=v0ss6iWYkq8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Cause they've almost gone obsolete. No real features except the comfy keyboard.

They haven't been socially relevant since 2009.

i had one when it started dying, then i sold it after they replaced facebook app with web browser shortcut. i supported palmos when winmo took over, i supported winmo when android took over, i'm done with liking obsolete things.

that being said, my q10 was pretty much perfect phone. good display, good battery, amazing interface and os gimmicks, and this god tier keyboard. i miss it a lot.

But I am user

I don't think I'm ever """updating""" to a new phone

When was the last security update for those phones again? 2015?

Make a new Passport you goddamn Canadian Chink fucks

>he cares about having a socially relevant phone

Girls will make fun of me

i am

Because these are the sort of people who own these phones lol

>he fell for the thinkpad AND blackberry meme

POO

dont forget the sony meme ;^)

I had a Classic until about 3 months ago, but have moved on to a Keyone now.

Too poor, I either focus on making my Sup Forums shitposting machine a dual xeon with 4 gtx 1080 or I buy a fucking phone.
Different people have priorities, you know?

I want one for boost mobile

I'm. Currently using old faithful q10. I hope keyone will get cheaper in the next year as used devices start popping up on the market.

I just learned that Designated Openstreet Shitting country has access to a limited edition of the KeyOne with more memory (4G) and two sims slots.

Any news on it every being released in places where toilets are plenty?

Dual sim models are usually reserved for select euro markets or India, and some random Asian countries. You can find them on Amazon usually.
I don't know why they even bother with this exclusivity when you can buy them online all the same. Even in India people order a lot of things online.

>proper operating system
>goes down the plughole
Same for Windows Mobile.

Becasue I could buy 2 fucking sgs for a price of a fucking bb.

I love phones with physical keyboard, I miss my nokia e90.

I bet they are aware of their own price policy in eu, but they are doing it on purpouse to keep market share under 0.0000.1%

BB is no longer considered elitist or luxury and keeping high price will not change anything.

The most ridiculous part is fact that they moved BB production to china, but keep same price.

BBOS dying is an actual tragedy.
I only wish I realized how good it was sooner. The choice between Android and iOS is such a bitter pill. You can get a shit sandwich or a sandwich with shit in it. That isn't real choice.

hey now, Sony Compact phones are th best...

Does anyone use the keyboard browser for the keyone? Mine wont register that im typing and keeps hitting shortcuts when I try and make a post. Its annoying as fuck.

>not wanting to be bullied by grills
You don't belong here.

You have a weird hand

in what way?

>inb4 its brown

But I am. Just replaced the battery in my Q10 recently.

Um, because its OS is fucking dead?
I also need changing alphabets on the keyboard because I know 4 languages.

>socially relevant

cause the one I bought was a steaming piece of shit that literally didn't work
fuck blackberry

Is the bootloader cracked yet

like six months ago lol

Because I can use an iPhone or Android if I were poor.

I am
Here's my rice on my priv
-posted from blackberry priv

I used to big blackberry fan, until they abandoned there qnx os to use android. now there mid range android phones, are priced the same as flagship phones from other companies.

post pape

BBOS (QNX-based) was unquestionably the best mobile operating system available. Smooth, stable and skinny. Well-designed and intuitive user interface that was based around the idea of efficiency. And unlike iOS, BlackBerry could deliver security without totally locking you down. It was super comfy.

I finally replaced my trusty Q5 in October with a used Priv I got off Kijiji for cheap. While I love the Priv's form factor and hardware (people complained about the keyboard but it was not much different in feel from the Q5), I absolutely despise the OS. BB 10 was very well programmed and tight, Android feels like a total dog's breakfast in comparison. I've had the phone 2 months and it is already slowing down. Reminds me of the bad old days with Windows 98.

Because bb10 os died

>$YEAR
>Blackberry
Pick one

>Halifax

smokes, let's go

wtf I hate my keyone now

never watched love live.

this almost makes me want to

>he has to ask people what phone he should use
>imagine being this much of a beta

Because I'm not a businessman in 2003? Who the fuck still uses Blackberry?

But I am.

What the most modern one without android?

Passport and Classic

Don't you feel embarassed when people see your walpaper?

its my backup phone. i dont really use it, so no.

this is my main phones homescreen. no problems

Why would you have a better backup than your primary?

>keyone
>better than the xz1 compact

??

yes

battery life and camera are way better than the BB. software is less bloated as well. faster updates than BB. smaller. waterproof. more ram, faster SOC

But I am. Using my Priv right now and loving it.

KEYone has a keyboard.

joke's on you, cause I am.

Passport masterrace reporting in.

I once met up with a guy from Sup Forums in my small prairie city. He worked out at the gym 4 or 5 times a week, drove a lifted Cummins RAM and used to have a photo of the L85A1 girl from Upotte set as his iPhone's lock screen. Pretty buff and intimidating guy, so nobody ever really gave him shit for it, and when they did, he'd get up in their face and they backed down pretty quick. Only weaklings like my myself get embarassed, which is why pic related has been my background for years.

I want a physical keyboard and blackberry insecure OS like I want a hole in my head.

What amount of machine learning or data collection has blackberry or parent company amassed in last ten years that is comparable to Apple or Google?

Ultimately, if Google can reel in the bullshit updates via phone manufacturers and sandbox app runtimes like Apple, they can control the market and have their own custom cloud servers.

Aren't they shutting down the blackberry store and bbn in like 11 months?

Everyone does. Don't be coy.
They already do.

xperia by Tostitos chips
What does this cellular network offer that makes it considerable?
uhh...how so. Millions of frameworks and now-a-days, signed and validated apps.
>unlike iOS, BlackBerry could deliver security without totally locking you down
Can you give an example? IDC about iOS, but I am interested in knowing what it offers. I think if the plebians phone isn't locked down then grandma and likewise get viruses.

>I know four languages

Google Translate isn't a language, you dumb fuck autist.

i think ill kill myself as soon as my q10 dies. live without the bb hub is impossible for me now.

I'm considering getting one even though they're non-free with shit build quality. I hate Android and iOS. Sailfish OS and Ubuntu Touch suck ass. Windows Mobile was never good and it's dead now. So I'm actually considering a BlackBerry or just installing Lune OS.

because the retarded blackberry ceo once said that they would not hesitate for one second to give your data and encryption keys away

me too brother

Anyone here use a BB Key One for any sort of web development?

I heard the keyone battery is godly?

Anyone who still uses a BlackBerry only uses the stock apps and maybe some sideloaded Android apks, it won't change anything

Buy a Q20 (Classic) and narrowly avoid suicide.

isnt the hardware fucking dying already? shouldnt i rather get a keyone or something? those still have the hub right?

I have a Q10 I'm using for my work phone, won't bother getting another BB when it dies now BBOS is dead.

What do you use now?

Idk I'm on my Classic right now and it works just fine for me. On Clover right now as well.

The hub is a separate app on keyone so it has to be loaded whenever you want to access it.

I wouldn't say godly but I do get around 5 and a half hours of screen on time. I can go two days on a single charge with my usual usage.

>The hub is a separate app on keyone so it has to be loaded whenever you want to access it.
ok fuck that then.

I used it as my main in between when I sold my iphone and my xz1c came in. battery lasted like a day and a half max with my usage. xz1c goes 2+ days

I still use some apps from the store.

My Q10's still running strong, fucker seems to be indestructible.

But I am, user. I'm typying on a Keyone right now.

It is godly. I can reach 11h SoT and a single charge usually lasts for more than two days.

cool pics but where's the PRIV

WHY THE FUCK DOES IT CUT OFF RIGHT ABOVE THE ANKLE
GOD DAMN IT NO FEET NO BUY

FUUUUUUUUCK

It doesn't have to include all the phones. Where's the Q5? Where's the Q10? Where's the P'9983?

UNIRONICALLY more gay than the other one

>tatami galaxy
mad respects. normies will not understand, but Sup Forumsnons will recognize it.
it's like a right of passage of sorts.

I've looked at the original artwork
I'm sorry user, but feet don't exist there either.
you'll have to feed your fetish with another pic

>

theres this.. not sure if same artist but feet show kinda.. not a very dominant position though

pape?

Your Keyone is upside down silly

I use Nokia 3320.

youtube.com/watch?v=v0ss6iWYkq8
By the way this youtuber is very comfy

Main reason: no custom ROMs.
Secondary reason: hardware keyboard.
Why would I waste space on something inferior to software keyboards.

Would you say the silver edition passport is not worth the money? I want one to play with.

>Main reason: no custom ROMs.
I feel you on this one.

>Secondary reason: hardware keyboard.
What the fuck? Hardware keyboards are awesome.

>Hardware keyboards are awesome
Yeah, if you hate screen space, battery, word correction and you aren't bilingual.

>screen space
You sound like one of those people that makes calls on a tablet.

>battery
Doesn't hurt the battery life at all.

>bilingual
Only legitimate argument. I'm sure there's a setting you can turn on so that additional keys can be made available in the word suggestion bar that shows up on the bottom of the display.

I'd get a key one if the build quality was better, the processor didn't suck, and it had nonbloat Android. Basically a OnePlus with a microsd slot and a key one's keyboard.

>main and only reason
all my normie friends use whatsapp and their kikebook overlords have pulled support for anything that isnt iBotnet or Lagdroid.