Your opinion ?

it must pay well

best language

>It's a great starter one.
>It's strict, therefore everyone more or less understands everyone's code if they follow the guidelines
>object oriented
>portable cause of the JVM

Decent language. Also look on C#, which was made to resemble Java but also fix some issues Java has had forever for "backwards compatibility".

Both are well respected among people that actually do professional shit with them.

thx bro.
and, java pay well ?

I think I'll start with it

Wage is relevant in programming. Every language has its pajeets and its code monkeys if you are asking that.

But if you actually want to learn something that will be applicable in higher payment professional positions, then you're obviously looking into learning Java.

PS.
Good starting point would be

>Java, A Beginner's Guide by Herbert Schildt

thanks for the book but i'm french, my english level is not good enough to learn with english book lol
thank you very much user!

I hope the java will not die the time I learn it, or the AI replace the developers lol

it was a mistake

up

It's a decent language, but unless I'm just a java babby, the ecosystem is shit.

Somehow it's the most in-demand language in America and has the highest average salaries for dev gigs

Should probably learn it.

What are some things that C# do better than Java?

The hatred that Java has is a meme

C# is faster than Java and has more features, including libraries. That being said, C# has not knocked Java down from its pedestal in terms of cross platform development.

I have that same problem. My english is 4chink meme tier and books in my native lang are outdated.

i recommend effective java 2 by josh bloch after you've got the basics down, full of great tips. Although version 2 is about 10 years old now, and the 3rd one is coming in a few days/weeks so might be worth a look.

i also shill hard for kotlin. java is 20+ years old now and updates come through very slowly to ensure the best backwards compatibility. kotlin is modern, less verbose and adds a lot of the newer features that java won't have for ages (or perhaps wont have ever) - additionally kotlin can be written alongside java, the interop is fantastic.

kotlin is simple to learn once you know java? if yes, it's better that I start with java

yeah dude start with java, especially as money is your goal. very few hire for kotlin at present.

thank you very much user!
I hope I'll get there, I started the C # a few years ago and it was really hard
I hope it was because I was young and not because I'm not made for programming

>java pay well ?
Pajeet detected

I'm not OP but can someone give me their opinion on Head First Java?

I bought it as a refresher since I haven't programmed in a while, did I make a mistake?

no, french lol

I know java because it's the only language I work with on a day-to-day basis. Oddly enough, there are quite a few java dev jobs where I live in Alabama. All I do is write trucking software all day, and I don't get paid a lot compared to devs out in other places, but the cost of living here is so low I've been able to almost pay off my house. I think the language is kinda ugly to look at, but it pays my bills and will probably pay yours too.

yes

Did you know? electricity generation still relies a lot on very polluting sources like coal and petrol and it's very bad to the environment so you should save power!
And using an inefficient language that use too much CPU power and memory such as java is not a very good way to do so, specially if your program will be deployed in big servers.

So to help saving the planet by switching to an compiled language like C!

The power is all yours!

I read this book years ago and it was really great and I learned a lot. I'd say it's a very good book for first learning OOP / class-based polymorphism. It has a lot of stuff about Swing though, which is largely irrelevant for most of the stuff you're likely to do in a Java job nowadays, and is no longer the preferred way to make desktop UIs in Java.

Americans confirmed for NEET impoverished hasklel idealists

In my experience, Haskell seems to be like Stockholm Syndrome as a programming language, and many of the people who fall victim to the condition turn into insufferable know-it-alls.

Alright thank you, I'll just skip the swing chapters they're pissing me the fuck off anyways.

thanks yall

I've heard that JavaFX is the way to go now for GUI stuff since Swing is apparently deprecated.

it's not finnegans wake
if your engrish is good enough for Sup Forums then it's probably good enough for memegramming books