What IDE do you use?

And why?

None cause I don't program , I'm a CS major

Notepad++ is all you need most of the time

The one and only language: Kotlin.

PHPStorm, it's what my job provides me. It's pretty awesome.

Netbeans
RStudio
MonoDevelop

Vim and trying to learn emacs atm (for common lisp)

Vim is just what I learned to use back in the day.
Emacs because lisp is cool and I'm trying to get to the point where I don't immediately try to solve problems in an imperative way.

vim except for Java, then its Eclipse
You literally can NOT write Java without an IDE if you want to keep your brain intact

Depends. When I don't use emacs I use vim for config editing or VS Code for stuff like Angular and Typescript. If I would have to program Java, I would use IntelliJ IDEA. There's not one best choice (except Emacs if you have a lot of time and prefer working on your Editor instead of your programs).

spacemacs (vim mode) as an IDE
vim for little edit

Sublime Text 3 with syntax highlighting and autocomplete plugins

IntelliJ (and family) as it is the most slick experience and you also get the best refactoring/code analysis features. It also teaches you best practices

Codeblocks

PyCharm, Clion and Matlab (if that even counts).

My first programming professor taught us how to use Dr. Java and I used it until I graduated. The most complicated thing I think I did with it was a factory simulation or designing and implementing a client-server Battleship game.

I used VS for C++ until one day I working on some unrelated database stuff and broke the installation by removing SQL from the entire PC. I was in the middle of writing an interpreter in C++ so I ended up finishing the project in Notepad++. I"ve since become fond of the latter.

This. The only downside is that its Windows-only.

Sublime text with about 20 plugins.
Also pycharm for python.

sublime
its comfy

> sublime text
> proprietary software

JetBrains IDEA for Java
Visual Studio for C#, but I'll transition to JetBrains Rider once they fix a few things.

C programmer, vim or vscode. vim because i can ssh into anything (embedded or remote server) and work. vscode to quickly navigate large code bases.

Vim and an extra terminal to compile and run the program

Java: Netbeans, Eclipse, IntelliJ are all fine 2bh. You can use them since all builds are IDE-agnostic (Maven,Gradle and shieet). IntelliJ Ultimate is the best tho.

Webshit: Visual Studio Code. There's also a Eclipse plugin for Angular and other webshit stuff, but i never used them.

Editing single file: Notepad++ (Winshit), Sublime (Loonix)

Editing files through SSH: vim

>not using terminator
What a waste

Notepad++ reportin'

This fucking cunt annoys the shit outta me.

so i have an android smartphone.

i want to take apart and recompile apks on scali and jar sign them. what apps do i use?

Emacs with Evil.
DataGrip for managing muh DBs.

Intellij, Atom, vim

IntelliJ Idea