Why is the void logo so lame...

Why is the void logo so lame? I quite unironically belive the success of arch was in no small part due to its logo and general aesthetic (cyan theme on wiki and such, fonts they use, etc). It inspired people to make cool ricer desktops with screenfetch and since the logo looks so damn cool in ascii (and regularly too) it caught on and everyone wanted to try it.

If void is to become the next arch; as in, the go-to minimalist distro for ricers and nerds who don't want to use gentoo and which has a sort of connotation of being "cool", it NEEDS to have a better logo. Also i quite think the name "void" is much less appealing than "arch".

Arch in general evokes feelings of elegance, simplicity, a quality of "elite-ness", void evokes feelings of "just another random distro" and perhaps something gimmicky and lame.
I really like void and wish for it to overtake arch, but this will NEVER happen without the community and meme quality that arch developed.

Other urls found in this thread:

cloveros.ga/s/CloverOS-x86_64-20171223.iso
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>I quite unironically belive the success of arch was in no small part due to its logo and general aesthetic (cyan theme on wiki and such, fonts they use, etc).

Mint has the most godawful logo of all the distros, yet it's super popular

I don't know, man, Antergos logo is pretty bad.

Green pokeball(duskball if i remember correctly)

popular but it doesn't feel "cool" like arch does

I don't really know why you think that but i find the Void logo and the website cooler than Arch, the ascii logo is not really good but who care, the arch logo is really ugly and i can't forget the fat arch user logo meme.
Arch logo was cooler in the past, pic related.
t. Void user and arch user in the past.

I actually like the void logo more than the arch logo, I think it is more appealing when used as application-menu-button. Also the animation on their website is cool when you move the mouse over the logo

Yeah the only downside of the void logo is that it ironically not really minimal so the logo look bad in the terminal.

going for this sort of look might go somewhere actually

I can't unsee the fat guy in the Arch logo. My vote goes to Fedora for best logo with Debian and Ubuntu taking the next places.

void is mexican, so why did you expect quality craftsmanship?

wtf i hate void now??

hey you know what this is actually good, it means they're "in with it" and not some lame old people distro

their logo isn't bad but their grub bg image is

At no point in time has any even remotely capable video output device looked this awful, please stop propagating this lazy aesthetic

yhey should use a lighter green font

you're 100% correct OP, another super elite level distro logo is debians, and then gentoo for its recognizability
distro logos are super important for success

>elite

nooooOOOOOOOoooo

love it, is simple, but striking. Void seems to overly complex by having their name in the center and having puke green as part of their palette of colors

welp, time to distro hop again

Installed void yesterday
>nothing works
>have to fiddle hours with xorg settings and i3
>vim clipboard registers "* amd "+ doesn't work
>needs sudo permission after every boot to mount second hard drive
Who cares about the logo?
This distro is fucking trash

>Be me five minutes ago
>Decide to install void on testing craptop
>Install with no problems
>Name user FBI with " " as password
>Boot
>FBI
>
>
>
>Nothing happens, just stays on login screen
>Reboot
>fbi
>
>Still nothing
>reboot
>root
>toor
>It finally works
>Haha, just kidding
>It still hangs at login
>Craptop has no control keys so plugin in mech keyboard
>Ctrl+Alt+F2
>root
>toor
>startx
>XFCE boots
>open terminal
>It just shows a pound sign
>type help
>sh: 1 command `help` not found
>xbps-install neofetch
>neofetch not found in repository pool
>xbps-install figlet
>figlet not found in repository pool
>Install Debian instead

epic opinion bro

>Simple is bad
I like it because it looks like an ahoge.

void logo is as aesthetic if not more then the arch logo. beaten only by ubuntu and redhat

I think it would look better without the "VOID" text across it

You're onto something OP. The first visual impression is one of the most important things. I'd say that VOID's logo is a bit better, but I'm just being a contrarian.
Manjaro has currently the best linux logo

What the fuck did you guys do

>be me like 10 months ago
>decide to install void
>install with no problems
>login with no problems
>startx
>everything works
>rice XFCE with no problems
>install xclip and all vim registers work
>install zsh and rice that too
I know it's "works on my machine", but I seriously don't understand what you guys did. Especially

>inb4 this post gets deleted

Reddit phone poster. copy pasta from the void subreddit you joined

They're idiots. No sugar coating. These guys really need to reinstall Windows, Ubuntu or Arch

Rude

what's your alls problem anyway

i got a new laptop for christmas and installed void on it in honestly 30 minutes. everything works even touchscreen and shit

void eternally btfo

There's literally no point to use anything other than fedora on your desktop.

>aesthetics must be based on reality

You must be 18 or older to post here.

It doesn't even look good, so don't use that as an excuse.
I know, that's why I told him to fuck off.

Thats the price that comes with avoiding systemd. Void is amazing on single board computers but I don’t think it’s all that amazing as a full fledge desktop OS.

systemd has nothing to do with the stuff he listed

>implying
Do you think systemd just sits on the hard drive solely to piss off luddites?

maybe

art is subjective you dumb faggot, don't try to shove your ideals down other people's throats

No but the only thing it might handle from that list would be mounting drives, but I don't think most distros default to that.

I unironically never tried Mint for this exact reason

>microsoft clipart vs fat man silhouette

I agree OP, they're both shit. This is a real logo.

cloveros.ga/s/CloverOS-x86_64-20171223.iso

Should've installed clover m8

Is CloverOS as good as you guys tout it to be? I'm on ArtiX and thinking about on a spare USB and spare harddrive as well.

It's just Gentoo and yes Gentoo lives up to the hype

I unironically think the word unironically is overused unironically

Not using Mac.

The name is good. Logo is bad.

CUTE. Someone draw an anime girl with the Debian logo on her hair!

Void will be the best Linux distro 2018

Void is already epic. Used xfce for reasons. I don't need to deal with the level of detail in Gentoo, done it before, whatever.

>the success of arch
If you mean the utter retardation of average users and intolerable, unjustified elitism, sure.
Seriously, Arch Linux is a cesspool of 12 year old kids who think they're 1337 and hardened linux veterans for pasting instructions into a cli interface, with no idea of what they actually do.
This could very easily happen to Void, so I just hope that it remains "unpopular" to prevent swarms of "how do i switch my de? lol n00b thx." and "wow void is so superior to other distros because no GUI!!!!!" posts from clogging up their IRC and forums. At least now the average Void user can bugfix without needing to be spoonfed wiki pages, and there is some actual nice discussion.

but shouldn't you configure gentoo yourself?
I've heard clover has special cflags, what are they other than just architecture?

all these logos look like shit

Art's also not an excuse to push garbage in front of my eyes

>If void is to become the next arch; as in, the go-to minimalist distro

get a load of this mongoloid

>A FUCKING SWIRL

the zerg distro has the best logo. period.

literally
>snowflake logo.png
fplets, when will they learn

>1. draw skidmark
>2. twist it up a bit
>3. shitOS
should've seen it, given the systemD/rng/other messes of the past

>linux distro logo made in software not available in linux

Agreed completely

>arch
>elite
no

is a default brush with some settings changed copyrightable by adobe?

The best GNU/Linux distro logos are both based on Arch.

I like it better than the arch logo.

>this fucking thread

I like nix's logo too. Wasted time learning about, auto installed a thousand packages on initial install, went back to void, have a minimal os without systemd