Mics and soundcards

So, I recently got the Neewer NW-800 for Christmas, and I cannot make it sound like it does in the reviews, it sounded better in every single review that I’ve seen. The mic on my logitech headset sounds identical to it now that I’ve got it, because of course it would.

What I need to know if it’s an issue with my soumd card. I’m currently using the 3.5mm jack attatched to the mother board, and the mic does have a Phantom power supply plugged in. It still sounds bad.

I’m thinking that if it is the sound card, I can simply get an XLR to USB cable, or a 3.5mm to USB adapter to bypass the card and fix the problem.

What’s the advice that /g has to offer?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2DIjVPyv3L8
aliexpress.com/item/2017-Hot-Selling-Usb-Audio-Sound-Card-Audio-Adapter-3D-Sound-card-5-1-USB-To/32830130629.html.
clyp.it/efbn2i01
sweetwater.com/c695--USB_Audio_Interfaces/popular
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

youtube.com/watch?v=2DIjVPyv3L8

nigger next time watch an actual video

Look, spare yourself the pain and just get a USB XLR interface. They're all over Amazon. A cheap one that you can get some mileage off of is the Behringer U-Phoria UM2.

USB Interfaces are nice because you can upgrade them, switch them out and get ones that can allow you to adjust multiple mics.

Dude, it's all chinkshit

Tier one
>Sennheiser
>DPA
>Neumann
>Schoeps

Tier 2
>AKG
>Audio-Technica
>Microtech Gefell
>BeyerDynamic

Tier 3
>Shure
>SE Electronics
>Rode

Tier 4
>Behringer
>Blue
>Oktava
>Meme mics

Chinkshit
>everything else

Dunno friend, my one sounds great though it isn't Neewer but clone of the same clone.
I have the NW100 powering it though.

Oh, this might sound silly but make sure you have the right side of it facing you, they are directional.

>What’s the advice that /g has to offer?

Not your tech support board. Fuck off.

Nigger that IS the video I watched, and actually the one I had in fucking MIND. Now go get the cum you keep in a jar and insert it into your pussy.

I did read the manual, and that wasn’t my problem, I did in fact turn the mic around the right way.

this was the technology board. Microphone hardware is technology. I thought I’d ask the group who knew. Kill me if I made a mistake.

Actually, I might have, I thought I should have posted this on the music board.

Try plugging it into a USB interface with Phantom Power built in.

Will look into it. Thanks, cap.

You need an audio interface you fucking nigger

I plug my BM-800 into one of these aliexpress.com/item/2017-Hot-Selling-Usb-Audio-Sound-Card-Audio-Adapter-3D-Sound-card-5-1-USB-To/32830130629.html. This is what it sounds like clyp.it/efbn2i01

do yourself a favor and get a good soundcard.

depending on your price range, you could get an E-MU pci soundcard on ebay, or a USB cheap soundcard, or an expensive RME usb soundcard, or an expensive RME pcie interface, lots of options.

basically you need a preamp and probably one with phantom power. and then a DAC/interface. a good, cheap example would be a Scarlett Ti2 or whatever it's called, from Focusrite. it's a usb box you'd plug your mic into and and then plug the box into the computer. costs like 150, has 2x2 i/o with a headphone amp, very prolific and more than functional for your needs. night and day between plugging into your motherboard. you could also spend 2500 dollars on a digital rack preamp with stuff like equalizers and compressors and de-essers and if you use it right, it'll come out like hollywood quality voice overs.

sweetwater.com/c695--USB_Audio_Interfaces/popular

Why not record a bit to tell us how shitty the quality is

Secondly, open the sucker up and do the soder mod

you're probably using a shitty phantom power supply

>Now go get the cum you keep in a jar and insert it into your pussy.
That does not sound as badass as you think it does.

Also we're not your fucking tech support. That's not a "mistake", it's in the fucking sticky. You have to be retarded to miss it.

Can this record the outdoors?

Sure, why not?

Interesting. I don't have a zener but I do have suitable resistors and capacitors.
Would it be worth doing with a

sup patrick barton

hi

>Nigger that IS the video I watched, and actually the one I had in fucking MIND.
lol?

Not OP but I just modded mine.

What does Sup Forums think?

Does it reaches dickblaster sound quality like everyone says?

Not quite sure yet, I have a few things to do before I record the overdubbing for this video.

Awsome! id like to connect any laptop with it while recording

Well you need to provide it some Phantom power then.
You can get portable audio interfaces that'll do this.

You sound Australian and look like a Melbourne fag

Why aren't these sold already modded

How much extra would you pay for a modded one?

Like $5 or $10

What benefit does it give?

Supposedly lower noise.

>Shure
>tier 3

I can see how much you rly know about mics.

You're an idiot if you think the particular brand makes the difference.

There are great Sennheiser mics and shit Senn mics. Etc. And Shure mics are industry standard, moron. For a reason.

Australian, but definitely not from Melbourne.

Can someone give me some friendly advice? I want to pick up a starting microphone. Why are all the cheap ones only XLR->3.5mm and not XLR->XLR? I want to get a good sound card as well so I can easily swap out the microphone to a more expensive one later
What's the """best""" cheap-ish XLR condenser microphone out there?

>Now go get the cum you keep in a jar and insert it into your pussy

You can always XLR to XLR them.

My BW/NW-800 came with an XLR to 3.5mm cable, but the NW-100 Phantom power came with an XLR -> XLR cable so I could plug the mic into it and then into my sound card.

If I get an audio interface then I can just plug the mic straight into that.

Just remember with condenser mics you are almost always going to require power for them, whether that is a Phantom power or an audio interface providing Phantom power, (for high sensitivity the mics require a higher voltage than a sound card would provide over the 3.5mm jack).

what the fuck is with you

So I could get one of those packs on amazon that include the NW-100, a stand, pop filter etc and just throw in another XLR->XLR cable? Sounds great.
I have a pretty old motherboard and I have had problems with other 3.5mm units before