What sort of measures do you take with your phones so that your privacy and freedoms are respected?

What sort of measures do you take with your phones so that your privacy and freedoms are respected?

Other urls found in this thread:

microg.org/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Step 1 is not using an iphone

What is step 2? I just threw away my iPhone for a galaxy s8+

Remove gapps, install microg if you must.

Turn off Wi-Fi
Turn off Bluetooth
Turn off mobile data
Turn off cellular service

I use the fingerprint scanner so I'm the only one who can use my phone.
I turned location on so I always know where to go next
I turned cookies "off" in my web browser, I'm not able to eat cookies unless they're gluten free
I don't text anyone with an Android...That's just rotten.
If anyone asks, I will say "no I do not have a cell phone" and that is usually enough for them to not track me.

You're fucking retarded

>>falling for the bait

i'm trying to recall an old japanese adage it goes something like this:
>a smart man breeds good koi
>he covers his pond to protect his fish from the elements and birds
>a wise man breeds gorgeous koi
>he fishes in his own pond
>only the retarded fish fall for bait this big
>now all the ugly fish are gone

Can't cops force you to unlock with your fingerprint, but not a lock pin?

I don't like the Japanese

There is no such thing as privacy or freedom.

>the jew fears the samurai

>only use dumbphones
>use tracfone service only
>ditch phone and change number every 6 months

But that seems inconvenient. How do I get everyone to respect my privacy in a way that's convenient?

Yes there is

Don't do anything in public.

>What sort of measures do you take with your phones so that your privacy and freedoms are respected?
Snce I got rid of my cellphone and went back to a landline and an answering machine, I don't have to worry about any of that anymore. If I even for a moment suspected the landline phone was somehow listening in on me, even on the hook, I can just unplug it from the wall and forget about it.

Just always have a phone you can take the battery out, leave it off when you're not using it, and take the battery out if you really think it's still on somehow. Also if you're good with electronics you can dismantle it, find the GPS antenna (it's literally just a small surface mount component), and short it to ground so that GPS never gets a lock; now no one can track your position when the phones on either.

I don't use Google, I use Brave.
I don't put important data on my phone.

Just got my first smartthing so this is relevant to my interests.

All I know to do so far is encrypt the device, disable bloatware, disable app permissions on everything but the essentials, clear my google activity and use a throwaway gmail account.

Should I disable internet and chrome to replace with firefox or duckduckgo?
I also heard something about mock location apps, are they worth having?

Worst case scenario, I throw the thing in a river and use my dumbphone.

Delete nothing, dont use any privacy tools, do not switch off and on frequently, hide among the crowd.

Isn't that only for 'Murica??

Samurai are extinct bunghole.

Only use the phone under the bridge so they can't track you

I put a sticker over the front camera so google can't see my face when I have a crap.

>Lineage without gapps
>F-droid for apps
It's the best i came up with, feels comfy

>expecting privacy frmo a device literally mass produced and shilled for the sole purpose of data mining
LOL

criminals shouldn't have freedom

>no one can track your position when the phones on either
Absolute bullshit, phone carier can still get your position if you use their phone service. That's how cops locate people, they ask phone carier about wich entena the suspect was connected and they can locate the supect with triangulation, it's not as accurate as the GPS but it's still botnet.

Is microG open source ? microg.org/
Can i install every google play service dependant apps with that ? I'm actually using lineageOS with google installed but i would like to go 100% free on the core of the OS.

Step 1- Uninstall Google shit

Not vote for people who'd take my freedoms away.

-Use an Apple product, which prioritizes you're personal freedoms with on-board security features (secure enclave, build in storage encryption)

-Avoid the use of Google products, which sell/track your activities

>ditch phone and change number every 6 months
They tie your every new SIM to your old name.