/sqt/ - Stupid Questions Thread

Ask questions that don't deserve their own thread.

Look it up first: bing.com

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

microsoft.com/en-us/accessibility/windows10upgrade
drive.google.com/file/d/1lZplFzyWFIFFIWIjNsA7V5xpwWlfZVJE/view
forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/windows-loader-download.58464/)
3dpchip.com/3dpchip/3dp/net_down_en.php
pastebin.com/4LvsAFk7
windowscentral.com/how-re-activate-windows-10-after-hardware-change
amazon.com/Performance-Drive-Internal-Drives-WD4004FZWX/dp/B01GWS2ZOC
mega.nz/#!EoBznYpK!sjq6zwjYYEngdx7Dc2hXmqIkaSzXxLQ7oH-YkTe72q4
amazon.com/Toshiba-3-5-Inch-SATA3-Drive-DT01ACA200/dp/B009CPDI62
forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/common-questions-and-answers.24900/
forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/wat-fix-fix-your-activation-problems.26994/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Got a 1080Ti and thinking of buying an Oculus, can someone explain this to me? Does it mean I can't use a Oculus Rift and DVI-D monitor at the same time? Or I can but it won't work as well or something?

My monitor has no scaler so I can only use it with DVI-D.

Hi I'm completely retarded. Where can I get the free win10 upgrade? Unfortunately I'm completely retarded and bought a VR headset so now I apparently need this garbage.

Whats a good cheap soldering set to learn with?

Also, is learning Ruby worth my time? (Python/C# niqqa here)

Windows version?
Why don't you just install Windows 10 manually from the ISO?

how do I activate a non-genuine copy of windows 7 using another windows 7 cd key from my uni?

microsoft.com/en-us/accessibility/windows10upgrade

You have to /literally/ act retarded. It installs a bunch of accessibility stuff but can be easily removed.

You don't. There are two diff. kinds of keys. OEM and Windows Manufacturer keys. 99% of keys in schools are OEM and can only be used once per machine.

FUCK can I change it somehow?

Problem is I'm using a pirated copy of win7 and have been for years, because I'm retarded. I thought it was all good and properly pirated but apparently I need to "activate" it prior, which is what I thought my piracy did.

It means you can't use more than x number of legacy connections. Try to use DP if you can.

Nope. Just torrent windows 10 and use KMSPico

I'm not sure what you mean.

So as long as I use my DVI-D port for my monitor, and the top left HDMI port for the Oculus, both displays will work fine, or?

You don't need W10 for VR, unless you are trying to run it from a weak/old GPU or an AMD GPU and for non-steam games.
Asynchronous Reprojection works for Windows 7 and 8.1 for Nvidia GPUs (But not for AMD GPUs).
It has been implemented into SteamVR settings for what since 1 year ago.

oh I didn't see that one, is this that retarded one with the front panel HDMI or something?

should be fine, left side A

All those things are exactly what I'm trying to do user.

Windows 8 or later is required for asynchronous spacewarp, but the latest version of Windows 10 provides the best support.

What GPU you got?
Anyway do you want a link for the W10 LTSB ISO?

just get a cheap kit off ebay/aliexpress/gearbest and practice making a clock or something

Spacewarp and timewarp need Windows 8.1 or newer.
Reprojection needs 7 or newer and a Nvidia GPU.

770, I know it won't run much but I have a whole internal logic to this. Mostly just pre-bought the headset because boxing day. I'm hoping to upgrade to a 1060 6GB if I can find a cheap used one when the next line hits soon.

Yes please.

TWITTER LOADS SLOW AS SHIT ON FIREFOX WHY

Okay but I need to take it to school for the science fair. Do you think that would be okay?

yeah they don't care, just make sure that there are a bunch of wires exposed, a big red LCD, and that the alarm goes off during class

just get windows 10 for free while you can and downgrade if you don't like it, it literally has a one click button to revert to 7

>it literally has a one click button to revert to 7

Okay but what do I put it in? I was thinking like a cardboard box but idk.

drive.google.com/file/d/1lZplFzyWFIFFIWIjNsA7V5xpwWlfZVJE/view
Password: n68Y6KtY4SyCvFE

Give me a sec and i will post SHA-1 too.

cardboard is fine, some of the kits come with their own case

Is there a replacement?

Here, this is to check that the ISO is legit.

But that's what I'm trying to do user. It won't let me upgrade because my windows 7 isn't activated. Wasn't there a big uproar about the free 10 upgrade being available for pirates too?

Thanks a bunch user

they literally don't care as long as you actually do literally anything

I assume you know how create a USB and install windows on your own.
Also to backup(Either manually or from the windows installer) your files too.

download windows loader and crack your windows 7, then update to 10 user

>Windows loader

That's new, can't even remember what the old program I used was. I'll give it a shot, thanks. I guess I'd rather get a legit copy than a pirated one in case I'm in this situation again later. If it doesn't work then

Unless you use Daz Loader(Windows loader, forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/windows-loader-download.58464/)
You run the risk of your windows getting deactivated once you delete the KMS service most cracks leave in windows 7.
In windows 8.1+ and newer this is not a problem as long you use something like MSToolkit.

Just pirate windows, there is no difference at all as long you do it correctly.

You know what, you're right. I'll grab the file and save the password then I can upgrade if I actually notice issues with the VR. I really hate windows 10 anyway.

Use Windows Loader OR flash a SLIC BIOS and install a matching OEM certificate. It will make your PC look like an OEM that will never be deactivated.

How do I fix this? I remember seeing some css on here to remove it but I didn't need to at the time.

FYI you've only got like 5 days to try the win 10 legit upgrade. After that they're plugging the loophole.

this desu, just install it and downgrade so you have the legit copy

Like i said before, Steam has a setting to deal with sub 90FPS for Nvidia GPUs and windows 7 so it wont be that bad so it will werk.

He can always pirate it anyway.

reeeeeeeeeeeeee

How do I do this? Do I need a genuine Wangblows 7?

That's why I'm here, Microsoft is pressuring me into grabbing their botnet.

I guess I could just run the games through steam then. Might not even be an issue, here's hoping. Thanks user.

It needs to be activated. It can be real or cracked. It literally stores your Windows 7 install and can easily revert back to it.

Only activated, if your W7 is not activated just download the activator posted above.
Also just pirate windows 10 with MSToolkit (Link also in the site above).
Dont install Windows Home, shit is locked as fuck.
Pro or LTSB let you mess with settings.

What is the licence tied to if you know what I mean? Like if I wanted to activate it now so I have it, then my HDD exploded or some shit and I wanted to install Windows 10 on the new one, how do I use it then?

Tied to your MS account or some shit?

Windows licenses are tied to your motherboard.
If your motherboard dies or you change it, good luck having a 3 hour chat in Microsoft service chat.

Should I buy a 3D printer?

Is the Prusa i3 any good? Should I just get a cheap one from Aliexpress/Gearbest?

Should I buy the MK2S for $600 now or $750 for the MK3 but have to wait until February for it to ship?

Is it easy to put together and calibrate?

I don't know about 10 but on 7 it was always just an automated system where you dial the activation code.

Would Raspbian or Void be faster on the RPi3?

Cool ty. I always thought Windows licences being tied to the motherboard was a OEM thing, like for prebuilt systems.

Alright, i ran CrystalDiskInfo on my four main hard drives

From left to right:
500GB is the Windows drive
2TB is the internal Media Storage drive
5TB is my external Backup/Media drive
1TB is an old external drive ive had for years

My question is what do Current Pending Sector Count and Correctable Sector Count actually mean and is there any ability to repair the drives without replacing them?

Also, are the drives in decent health? Is there anything i should be extremely worried about?

Why do I keep getting this problem when trying to install wifi drivers?

If I can get a WD Black 4TB for new at $100, is that a good deal? Any other hard drive recommendations? Just want storage for torrents and archiving.

We told you to don't buy seagate, multiple times, we say it everyday and we have for years.
Go to Function>Advanced Features>Raw Values>[DEC]

>Current Pending Sector Count
Damaged sectors selected to be remapped which are still not remapped.
>Uncorrectable Sector Count
Sectors gone for good.
A damaged sector is a part of the HDD platter that got scratched by the disk head, you cant repair it.

3dpchip.com/3dpchip/3dp/net_down_en.php
Never let Windows update your drivers.

Why wont my torrents download?

I'm tryina get something off the bay and it wont connect to peers and there's plenty of peers

pastebin.com/4LvsAFk7

Get daz, do the upgrade before the end of the month. After that you can use both OSes.

Right. He has to try the upgrade before the end of the week. I didn't say he has to keep it.

Toolkit/KmsPico have the downside of having to run a daily (closed source) service to reregister you pc. And it's fairly obvious when they're being used. MS could always step up their game blocking them if they decided to give a shit. If you have a choice of a legit license that's the way to go.

10 is definitely paired to the mobo. There aren't even keys on most installs. It just reactivates automatically the first time you reconnect to the internet. You can usually transfer the license by claiming a dead board. There's a tool for it now so you don't need to use the hotline usually. It helps pairing your microsoft account beforehand.

windowscentral.com/how-re-activate-windows-10-after-hardware-change

I grabbed daz earlier when it was suggested. It said it needed me to remove my current crack. I'll figure out how to do that tomorrow if I have time but I'm worried that might cause issues. I'm a stupid old man that doesn't understand computers.

Fuck, thanks for that though. Ive been planning on upgrading to an SSD so ill have to do that and find a decent replacement for the 2TB drive.

Also reallocated sector count are the number of sectors that got disabled for use.
When Damaged sectors start increasing that means your HDD is starting to go bad, for a external this is not a problem because they are supposed to handle it since they are being moved around.

Your HDDs will still last another 2 or 3 years if they are used for storage only but their performance and reliablity will drop exponentially.
They have 8 and 10 bad sectors which is not a lot but they will increase with time.

Used or New?
If new which serial?

Thanks for the help family.

New. Whatever this one is: amazon.com/Performance-Drive-Internal-Drives-WD4004FZWX/dp/B01GWS2ZOC
I have a friend that knows somebody at the plant or something.

where did you get it user?

>WD4004FZWX
Yes its good, and really good deal, the black series are high perfomance with reliability gimmicks that work really well.

>I have a friend that knows somebody at the plant
Personal connections. Much lower employee prices apparently, and they say they're still making some money with the sale.

Also forgot to mention, they are loud, but worth it.

You probably have to make a login to see them. Daz made a tool for that though, called WAT fix.

mega.nz/#!EoBznYpK!sjq6zwjYYEngdx7Dc2hXmqIkaSzXxLQ7oH-YkTe72q4

I would consider wiping your drive when you're all done. Some of those other cracks have some nasty shit in them.

I'll try that program and report back

Well yeah user, that's how this works normally. If you can trust this friend then I would say go for it. All else fails you can always call up the company and go "My shit's fucked" and from there.

when a product is made, it's normally sold for like 3xs are much as it's worth. that hard drive isn't worth 100, it's worth like 25 dollars to make.

How are the training and test sets made quickly for objects and not faces? I know there are a lot of algorithms for detecting bounding boxes for faces, but I'd like to make a data set quickly from images and video frames for specific objects

Is g-sync really worth the extra money?

This is my current drive that I've had for years now, and attached is the CrystalDiskInfo screenshot of its current status: amazon.com/Toshiba-3-5-Inch-SATA3-Drive-DT01ACA200/dp/B009CPDI62
How much louder would you say the WD drive is? I'd rather not have something that would annoy me the whole time I'm using my computer...

Damn spam filter. You would probably need a login to see these:

forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/common-questions-and-answers.24900/

forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/wat-fix-fix-your-activation-problems.26994/

>be on Windows 10
>go to sleep
>see that I lost 3GB of drive space somehow in the morning

Wtf? I didn't install anything major. What's using up my space? There was no update or anything either

Got a 2K 27" IPS 165hz G-Sync monitor, and I gotta say it's pretty great. Everything is buttery smooth. It's the AOC one and I got it on sale for $599 for Christmas.

>1064 sectors reallocated
Also depends in your case but if its inside your case you wont notice it.

Any programs running in the background? Possible automatic updates or a program using up some sort of temporary cache.

Are you using Home? if so background shit and updates.
Pro with updates on? Updates again.
LTSB? shouldn't happen.

>1064 sectors reallocated
I'm guessing this is bad? I genuinely have no idea. I don't know much about hard drive stats, but that does seem like a pretty large number.

But lets say you could have gotten that monitor for $399 would you still have forked out the extra just for the g-sync?

This is what happens mate

I assume this is an HP laptop of DV4-6 or G4-6 series?
Or HP Envy?

Yes its bad, but the drive has been handling it on its own.
That means 1064 spots of your drive have been damaged and removed so they are not used in the future.

You will replace this HDD with the WD Black right for OS use right?

Honestly can't say. I went from a 1080p 60hz straight to this new one, so I have nothing to really compare to. I've never personally noticed much screen tear on my old monitor, but now everything just "feels" extremely smooth. Probably some passive thing that I didn't care about which I'm now just starting to notice due to the luxury.

It's a HP pavilion all in one. Is this issue common with them?

Well, shit. How large is the average sector? Like how much space am I missing out on using here, lmao. That sounds fucking terrible.
The Toshiba is already used for general storage. I have a Samsung 500GB 850 Evo for my OS and the Toshiba is where I put most of my stuff. I also have a 3TB WD MyBook thing for general backups.

Skip Ruby if you know Python

Few Kilobytes so you don't have to worry, its more a reliability problem than a space problem.

Is piratebay dead? Been getting a dead site for awhile now. Where odes a total pirate scrub go?

yeah Win10 Home 1709

how do you clear caches system wide?

Kinda, some of them have a Wifi button/switch.
Exactly which one you got?

Hope it's somewhere in a temp folder within %appdata%

Got myself a 4k tv screen and am using it a pc monitor. It wont get scaled properly though with the taskbar being only half there for instance. How can I fix this?

Look for Point to Point mode in settings.
TVs always have overscan settings because they are low quality monitors.