How do you Sup Forumsuys clean your phones? UV sanitizes seem like a scam. Is there legit science to it...

How do you Sup Forumsuys clean your phones? UV sanitizes seem like a scam. Is there legit science to it, or would I be better off just using a baby wipe?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Degree_(temperature)
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

with a baby wipe, it isn't good for the screen though but does the trick

afaik as a medical biochemist, specific UV regimens sanitize on a surface level, which is what you need for phones. You can't deep sanitize stuff with it, like milk for example.
Now, will it be effective? It depends on the apparatus' strength, wavelength, duration, etc.
Also, i'm not sure if it damages the screen

UV does wipe out bacteria but you'll have to remove debris with a cloth or something so you might as well use a sanitary wipe.

Ultrasonic cleaner with distilled water

Let's say you go to the gas station. You pump gas and go inside to buy a pack of gum, which you pay for with cash. You return to your car to text someone.

When you get home you wash your hands with water and soap, but how do you clean your phone?

well, my advice would be to fucking deal with it and not be an OCD sperg. Those trace amounts of bacteria can extremely rarely do harm - it's actually healthy to get exposed to new bacteria from time to time to get immunized better, but oversanitizing can create supermegaresistant types then good luck curing super bacteria aids, also worrying about it that much can only worsen your mental state

I use a wet wipe on my hand to get it nice and moist before flushing a urinal then shove my whole hand in my mouth and suck it dry like a chicken wing

That makes sense. You seem like an educated individual.

Doctorate in graphic design at MIT

Put it in a 272.6 degree autoclave for an hour. That’ll sterilize it guaranteed.

Actual OCD guy here. Put it inside a disposable airtight and watertight ziplock bag and use it from outside, it will still detect your fingers.

I just wipe the screen on my t-shirt or jeans.

Good enough.

Literally does nothing
These things have been tested to work and I might pick one up but for now soap and water on a napkin

I'm a mechanic and I often look stuff up with oily hands. Iv never actually cleaned my phone other than wiping it off on my pants or something. Not dead yet

Could you put in a sealed container with an ozone generator? Or would that corrode shit or something?

HAHAHAH
Thanks user, you are great

UV is bad for plastic

Do you use your phone as a fucking dildo to need UV light to clean it ?

wasn't this on dr.oz show? They promoted that stuff

Boy that's going to be really good for all the pigments and plastics in your phone.

rubbing alcohol

1,1,1-trichloroethane

the microwave does the same job but better, except it needs longer time in the micro

you guys are insane....

With my shirt sleeve

>Buying a UV cleaner
>Not using the free UV cleaner 8 light minutes away

give it a couple of dunks in the toilet and give it a few licks works great desu

Rubbing alcohol from time to time

With cleaning solution and a cloth like a normal person.
I have a oleophobic glass screen protector on so it wipes clean easily and a wrap around air-cushioned hard case to protect the rest.

This particular spray costs £1 and comes with a cloth and brush in the pack too. Never had a single issue with it.

You need UVC light for disinfection, which gets blocked by the atmosphere.
Which is a good thing since it's extremely harmful.

Waste of a Ph.D, you went to a good university and picked a shit major.

That sand nigger quack will promote anything as long as he's paid well, he's been called out for promoting bullshit cures before.

272.6 kelvin is just below freezing. Bacteria could easily survive.

>degree
>Kelvin
American education

Use anti-static electronic alcohol wipes for basic cleaning. I also use a soft bristled baby toothbrush for cleaning those hard to reach spots.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Degree_(temperature)
How does it feel to cuck yourself?

I wouldn't know, I actually have an American education.

>How do you Sup Forumsuys clean your phones?
I rub it on my pants

So they don't even teach reading anymore?
>"Degrees Kelvin" (K) is a former name for the SI unit of temperature on the thermodynamic (absolute) temperature scale. Since 1967 it has been known simply as the kelvin, with symbol K (without a degree symbol)

The air you breath used to be a flatulence.
The water you drink used to be urine.
The foo you eat used to be feces.

This. Sometimes I use alcohol too

So they don't even teach reading anymore?
>China is the homeland of tea. Wild tea trees from over 3,000 years ago, where tea was once farmed, and extant cultivated tea areas dating back to 800 years ago, can still be found in Southwest China.

This is just sad.

Well, what you're describing here is the natural reuse of chemical components.
the difference is on the microbiology level.

I lick my sleeve and rub the screen to remove surface dirt because I'm not an OCD maniac.

Why on earth would you sterilise something you put your hands all over? You realise your hands aren't sterile, right?

I used to put it under a tap until my mate cracked the screen and now I don't want water getting through the cracks. Worked well though.

It actually is because it's gone over your head twice now.

Clean freaks are the worst and should be gassed.

Oh please dumb it down me.
I need to understand the clever jokes of the genius mind who starts talking about Kelvin when someone mention degrees

I just shower with mine and give it a good rub down with my puffy sponge.

Sometimes I wet a napkin with some alcohol and rub around it.

degrees of what?

An arc degree?
A degree Kelvin?
A degree Celsius?
A degree Fahrenheit?

Your american education is showing when you think degrees means anything on its own dumbass.

pajeets detected

Yes, I'm well aware that you tried to make a joke about the guy not mentioning the unit.
But sadly you were too dumb and used the one unit it can't possibly be because he mentioned 'degree'.
Do you finally get it now?

I have this thing called an immune system. It kills germs automatically. There's no need for me to clean my own phone.

if you're that autistic then just wear gloves, don't use cash, etc. Contactless payment, automatic doors. Your phone is the least dirty object around you. Why don't you UV your cash?

You can still have degrees Kelvin.
It's just an argument or an opinion if you should simply call it Kelvin instead.

You cannot specify any unit of temperature without an actual unit of measurement.
That is not an argument or opinion, it is a fact.

Your argument is pedantic, My factual statement is not. There is nothing to get besides you just being salty and petty.

Degrees of Kelvin is not correct terminology, it's not a matter of opinion at all.
Yes the guy was wrong for leaving out the unit, I'm not arguing against that but you are wrong too. Deal with it.

Well, I'm saying you are wrong. Deal with it.

Wrong about what?

> (OP)
>
>wasn't this on dr.oz show? They promoted that stuff
Can't answer that, don't watch that Shillington. But OP's image was torn to shit on Shark Tank. They mocked anyone's potential in transporting it around, if I recall..

Please tell me that nobody actually buys this garbage.

shit son, that's not how you win an argument, you make yourself look like a fool.

I don't find too impressive that someone who buys an iPhone would also buy something like this

oh no my reputation

A piece of toilet paper paper and slightly wet it and mix with soap (like a traditional soap in form of a cube) wipe screen. Wipe screen with water. Wipe water off screen with dry cloth?

So you get it super clean just so it gets dirty again by the bacteria in your hands when you grab it?

70% IPA in water solution

>Your phone is the least dirty object around you.

You touch that thing all the time.

It's not that serious. I wipe it down every couple of weeks with some water and a microfiber when I notice it's getting kinda dirty. We have immune systems for a reason and worrying too much about everything being sanitized brings unnecessary stress to an already stressful existence.

imagine being you

Alcohol.

Every time I take a shower I use a fresh towel, and when the towel is damp from my having dried myself on it, I use the towel on my iphone. The dampness of the towel and the nature of the material really helps to clean any visible dirt off, and as a final thing I wipe with a dry portion of the towel. Looks beautiful all the time, no smudges.

Wash it in the sink, or use 80% alcohol hand santizer if I feel hardcore (You can do that even without a waterproof phone).

And yes, UV is a meme

The sprays or mini wet towel thingies you use to clean your glasses

>break down the plastic and adhesive in the phone
>possibly damage the screen and coating
>damage any nonmetal connectors inside or components holding shit together
meme confirmed
use isopropyl and rub off your anti-grease coating if it really bothers you, otherwise keep it in a case and remember you poop

I just dip them in chlorox for like 30 seconds. They are waterproof after all. (i8+/Note8)

this is the only valid reply among the 77 retarded posts

According to the MANUAL, YOU FUCKING IDIOT.

you don't because you wash your hands before eating something regardless of what you touched before. You don't lick your phone aren't you? Please tell me you don't.

>destroying your phone's oleophobic coat

lmao

>be doctor
>get called to ER
>patient with pus that need to be drained
>while doing the incision I get a phone call
>pick it up and hold it between my head and shoulder
>the pus is under tension and burst open to my face
>the phone fall on the pus
>I wipe the phone, but still feel unclean
>use hand disinfector solution
>tfw it clean the oleo-phobic layer as well
Now I understand the concept of making a phone with glass panels from front and back.

I just put it in the microwave, comes out clean AND charged

I take my Note 8 in the shower with me every morning.

What's the active contents?

Pledge multi surface with a microfiber cloth. Mmm orangey

Never being exposed to germs will leave you with a weak immune system

Depends on what light it emits.

If it emits UV C light, it will certainly clean it.

Is there science to it? Yes, you jackass. A single google search would have given you the answer. It's one way we clean the hoods our research group uses to do aseptic cell work.

I don't clean my phone, I clean my skin.
I have dedicated "dirty" phone that I use when I go outside and "clean" phone when I'm home.

>When you get home you wash your hands with water and soap
I'm on meds for OCD and not even I was ever that neurotic.

Use one of those office alcohol wipes on the cover (never touch the screen).

Use microfiber cloth with a dab of screen cleaner solution to clean the panel.

Done.

why are you taking calls when you're holding a scalpel and doing your job (poorly)? fucking hell.

>How do you Sup Forumsuys clean your phones
Baby wipes, then wipe the screen with a kitchen towel

It was an important call regarding urgent medical consultation.
And it was normal regular procedure.

keep an iso wipe handy :^)

>tfw only wash hands if physically dirty or out in public

This thread reeks of anons with PC.

I suggest you guys to seek help.