How's my network Sup Forums ?

How's my network Sup Forums ?

Also, post your own home network.

0/10 no hard feelings kiddo

what are those black ethernet boxes for?

what are the wall plugs for?

Why do you have 3 separate routers?

Why 4 pcs?

That is so overly complicated for the computers you have.

What the fuck are you doing on Sup Forums

as in

>why

>what are those black ethernet boxes for?

i think the black boxes you talk about are switches

>what are the wall plugs for?
i used them to connect to the belkin router, which also was an wifi ap and was connected with the i7 pc, when i had no cable. the connection between the tro "FRITZ!BOX" Routers is from the ground floor, throw the basement to the addict (where the second FRITZ!BOX is located). Before this cable was layed i used these wall plugs. now i consider them maybe for the steam link if the wifi proves to be to weak.

>Why do you have 3 separate routers?
the FRITZ!BOX 7490 is locacted in the corner of the (relative big) house. So i use the Archer C7, which is located in the center of the ground floor for wifi on the ground floor. i use the FRITZ!BOX 6390 which is located at the attic for wifi at the first floor.

>Why 4 pcs?
My PC is the X5650. The i7 is the one i gave my brother so he won't use mine. and the other two pc's are the ones of my parents. it's my parents house i stay for christmas, so yeah.

Well it's all about the location. Only thing that's useless is the belkin router, but my problem there is: if i connect the pc with the xeon x5650 (asus p6t mainboard) to the gigabit switch, instead of using a 1Gbit/s connection it's using 10Mbit/s. So in order to use at least 100Mbit/s i use the inferior 100Mbit/s ports to force a 100Mbit/s connection to my xeon pc which works at 100Mbit/s.....

Show me yours, senpai

Needlessly complicated does not mean good.

I get the feeling you didn't had to short the word "Workstation" by using "Wkstn" but you did it anyway...Same thing with "Svr"

But nice when it's easy.

>Needlessly complicated does not mean good.

Necessarily complicated it is.

>Necessarily complicated it is.

That would be correct. That's the proper approach to networking, or any other thing in life for that matter. Nothing should be complicated unless it's necessary.

The question is, are you smart enough to make your life simple?

rate my network Sup Forums

Well, like i said above most parts of my complicated network are necessary.

Note:
I will call the switch connected to the archer c7 "switch 1" and the other switch "switch 2"

Switch 1 is necessary to connect the archer c7 and the a6 pc to the FRITZ!Box 7490. without the switch i either had to drill a second hole throw the wall or use wifi for the pc, which is always worse than a wired connection as you might know. so the lower branch is useful (well the wall plugs are but yeah whatever, i might use them for the steam link). the top branch is also necessary: the old fritz!box 6390 is located at the attic to provide wifi in the first floor, which the archer c7 can not provide there. and because i have two pc's in my room i use the second switch (2), to connect both pcs. The construction with the belkin router is only used because if using a 1Gbit/s connection it uses only 10Mbit/s and i don't fucking know why at this point. So using the 100Mbit's ports of the shitty belking device enable me to use the full 50Mbit/s download of the connection.

7/10 you should use a switch between router #1 and #3.

>Also, post your own home network.
Internet some isp router my pc.
I don't give a shit about home networking.

>I don't give a shit about home networking.
>Posts in a thread about home networking

If you don't care why don't you just mind your own business?

I gave up when i realized how useless it is.
Spend a few years in the field, you will do the exact same thing. It's pointless to set up everything like you do at your company.
One router that handle everything is the only way to avoid unnecessary problems.

well i admit i cannot use the steam link rn because he's not finding my x5650 pc. i think the archer c7 is using other ip's (192.168.0.x) while the "real" ip's should be 192.168.178.x .

But really there's no way of doing my home network easier without removing functionality or spending a shit ton of money to install network jacks.

Post cute networking maps

Fuck... I'll never get used to you weebs

>I run 80 tiny useless computers! I'm a l33t h4x0rz!

Link wouldnt get access to the net if it was on another 3rd octet than router, so its not that. Maybe that pc is somehow hidden in your network. Try to ping the link from your pc

There is nothing wrong with that if it's used to learn how to manage multiple machines, fuck around with clustering, etc.

Big fat word: if
I 1000% guarantee you none of that shit is used for any kind of management learning.

Gns3.
Learn cisco/juniper and you're good. Anything else is a waste of time/money.

Well i cannot ping the link because it does not have a ip adress in the 192.168.178.x adress space. it has a adress in the 192.168.0.x adress space, but that space is represented entirely by the archer c7's ip 192.168.178.21. So i guess i have to change the way i connected and configured the archer c7

kek

The router-iMac wifi bridge got me.

Switched ISPs, new modem's in a different spot. I haven't bothered rerunning the cable.

so you are running a server via a wifi bridge? I assume it's a local fileserver so you don't really need the network connection, but otherwise that's a bit unwise.

btw. what is the reasoning behind "Ethernet to bed"? for a laptop you might use there? you know you have wifi and can use it, it shouldn't make big difference when your whole network is using a wifi network bridge anyway (well exept your possible file server ofc).

thats so complicated that its not even funny
why on earth you want 4 gigabit routers?

1 gigabit and 2 100s like lets say a wdr3600 with open wrt is more than enough for your system not even 4k content will be able to clog it

Yeah, it's local. The most remote use it gets downloading a file here and there when I'm away.
>what is the reasoning behind "Ethernet to bed"? for a laptop you might use there? you know you have wifi and can use it
I'll happily take GbE over n Wi-Fi. Besides, I'm in bed. Being tethered doesn't matter, I'm not going anywhere.

and you're talking about which post?

10/10 very good

who the fuck posted a 4gb router diagram here?

ofc it was op

this is mine from 3 months back the only addition to this is that i replaced all the NAS with ceph servers

so what you are trying to tell me is that your iMac has a better wifi module and/or a better signal from your router?

No, what I'm trying to tell you is that if I don't connect my laptop over Ethernet then I don't have a gigabit connection to my server and iMac.

Who /threerouters/ here?

Good thing i'm OP,

like i said many times it's basicly just one router and two routers functioning as access points. the forth is just a temporary fix for my pc's broken gigabit port which uses 10mbit/s when connected to another 1Gbit/s port somehow.

Raspberry Pi
|
Apple AirPort Extreme ))) Apple iMac, Apple TV, Apple iPhone X, Apple iPad Pro, MacBook Retina 12 inch

Your boy

u real?

It just works

1/10 for trying

holy shit nigger you dont need that weird kind of network setup for 4 computers and bunch of other devices.

pic related even all of them are streaming 4k youtube videos flawlessly at the sametime

Are you enabling IPv6 mobility between your AP Sharing password ans SSID ?

Why do you need so many access points?

Your network looks really messy. Is it a result of the limitations of your house?

I CBF doing a diagram but I have 2 WAN connections into my house, a tplink load balancing router to a central switch and patch panel. CAT6 RJ45 outlets in every room and 3 PoE ubiquiti access points roof mounted. Did the wiring myself.

Fibre media converter sends Multimode fibres to my back shed, I buried the fibre cable. Tried wireless but it was dodgy. Pushing the 100m cat6 limit so went with fibre

All gigabit

my network..

how many fucking computers do you niggas own

Oh god too many

>having twice as much bandwidth as NASA for your home internet

no i mean seriously what the fuck do you actually DO with all that stuff?

yes indeed.. not my own choice, where I live this is priced the same as a regular 80GB subscription.. even more bizar it is 180 GB up and down... but pay round 50 euros for the complete package TV, Phone, Bandwith, etc...

posting shit on Sup Forums dude..

official cisco certified graphics

That's actually a very good reason to own such shitloads of computers.

>fibre
>50down/10up
cucked

whysocomplicated?

is there any point in connecting 2 switches with 2 crossover cables instead of just one?

It's something like this

>ISP provided wifi router
>phone
I checked my ip one time and it's 192.168.0.3

So many? Like 2 Access Points is that many?

Indeed it is. It's astonishing you're the first person who get's that

GB is a measure of data, not of bandwith.

So i guess this is like your max. montly data you're allowed to use?

Limitations given by the building.

Mine (simple,yet functional)
Internet: 10 Meg down/1 Meg up
Core infrastructure: ISP Provided Modem/4 PortGB Switch/802.11N Wi-fi access point combo unit. 8 Port TrendNet GB Switch
Wired Clients:
1.Desktop (GB),
2.Video Encoding Workstation (GB)
3. Server (GB)
4. NAS 12TB Server Backup (GB)
5. NAS 4TB Data Archive (GB)
6. WDTV Live (100 Meg/Basement Room)
7. WDTV Live (100 meg/Living Room)
8. (Not connected anymore,listed for history) PS2
Wireless Clients:
1. Samsung 65" Smart HDTV
2. Acer Netbook (Wife's)
3. Toshiba Laptop
4. RCA Tablet
5. Samsung Galaxy Smart Phone (Wife's)

there is no limit.. they call it a 'fair use' meaning that they'll drop in a line if everything is okay, once you start using it on max 24/7 ... no hard restrictions..

the fuck is with this graph?

Why is SIP on layer 7? the fuck

got some too, 100/100 Mbit/s and 250GB fair use or some shit

at what point should i just get another server?

Say i want several web services: jenkins, a virtualbox web interface, and several other things running on docker containers, how should i set up the network? I could just host it all on one headmess server and expose each thing, right? With iptables or whatever

and I am not someone who wants to download everything.. since most of the content I want / need, is out there on severs I am nog being the kiddo pushing full throttle, never had a complaint, been using it now for almost a year....

I used my superior ms paint skills and improved the graphic even more.

who /simple/ here?

Well if you had the money and time you could setup a server cluster. A single server can host multiple websites. you gotta have a domain name though or use different ports and give each site a different name/port assignment. You use the cluster so that if one server failed, the other kicks in automatically so services stay online. Users being non the wiser. So it'd be like so
server 1. (server ip) 192.168.0.3
server 2 (ip) 192.168.0.4
Cluster IP (End users see) 192.168.0.2
Router ip - 192.168.0.1
Website 1 - 192.168.0.2 (www.thissucks.com)
website 2 192.168.0.2 (www.whyme.com
or 192.168.02:80
192.168.02:81

not you

shieeeeeeet

I dont really have the money though, maybe not even to upgrade the google cloud vm i currently have. Thats why i wanted to test everything running on a single machine and see how it goes, if it has enough resources.

how would your example configured? Cant the router also be the server users see?

you can tell whoever made is probably went down the programming socks rabbit hole and became a crazy tranny

My entire network is a single modem-router and some wifi
That's it

Internet > Modem > Router 1 & Intrusion Detection > Router 2 > End-user devices

- Airgap -

Router 3 > Home automation

My PC is connected to my ISP's switch by cable. Why do you need all this overcomplicated shit?

Because my home is large enough to warrant a secondary router to reach the extents of the property

Because I want more security than a base model router provides

Because I realise that leaving vulnerable devices (e.g. CCTV) wide open to the internet is a bad idea.

>triple nat

>triple nat

why? the 7490 is the only router that's assigning ips. All other routers are merely switches with wifi.

Because my computer is not in the same room as my router? And because i need two access points to provide good wifi for the whole building?

Also see

that isn't visible from the diagram.
and what function does the belkin serve?

50/10 fibre? I thought my 80/20 GPON was bad.

All in one big daisy chain:
My desktop
Connected to laptop via Ethernet cord
Connected to router A wirelessly
Connected to router B wirelessly
Connected to modem via Ethernet cord
Connected to cable hookup

>Because my home is large enough to warrant a secondary router to reach the extents of the property
not an argument

>Because I want more security than a base model router provides
muh security meme

>Because I realise that leaving vulnerable devices (e.g. CCTV) wide open to the internet is a bad idea.
better by the tinfoil hat at this level

>that isn't visible from the diagram.
well to be honest when i made the post this morning this wasn't even the case for the whole network, because the tp-link was creating it's own subnet. but now only the 7490 is assigning the ip-adresses. it was the reason i couldn'T use steam link (which is shit on wifi).

my pc with the xeon x5650 has the error that when connected to a gigabit-port the network rate dropss to 10Mbit/s. But if connected to a fast-ethernet port he uses the full 100Mbit/s....so, to maximize the bandwith i use the 100MBit/s ports of the belkin to downgrade from the gigabit connection of the switch. it's a shitty workaround but i haven't got any clue rn what causes this error, so yeah.

You might aswell have run gigabyte/s cable throughout the house. Wireless clutter makes me cringe

>real world 20mbit
i have the same ones and they do 70mbps which is my downspeed

You forgot the NSA servers

well it's my parents house and i only spent about 2 month per year there. they don't need 50mbit/s, a basic 16mbit/s would be more than enough for them. but our isp offered us to install a fibre cable to our house for free (obviously you had to choose a contract with a fibre connection, so we got the cheapest one there was) 100/40 would be 10€ more per month.

well i admit it i host the nsa servers in germany, they are connected via wifi in this diagram.