Poorfag here...

poorfag here, im planning to buy a new smart phone and im really interested in this chinese brand Xiaomi specifically this model which is a xiaomi redmi note 4x. How does this compare to say, an iPhone?

pic related

Pic is not Note verison of 4x, otherwise great phone, one of the best you can get for its price. Also has a billion custom roms.

I use one its ok.
Get the Android One though.
It's technically the same but comes with vanilla Android, google support better camera and USB-C

Xiaomi A1 is same shit for same price but better

Thanks for the replies. Which high-end mobiles do you think it's up to par with?

I agree with these faggots. You can get one for around170 bucks. 4gb, 64gb, type C, dual cam, sd 625. No nfc is kinda bummer

Older flagships i guess because its got SD 625. Its plenty fast if you're not planning on hardcore gaming like emulating ps2

None the SD625 scores 60K in antutu while modern SOCs like the SD835 can easily hit 162K in antutu.

Even the modern midrange SD660 can break the 100K barrier in antutu.

If you must get a phone in that price category you should be looking at the Xiaomi A1, the Mi Max 2 or the Redmi 5 Plus.

The fuck? Redmi Note 4x is about 130$ and Mi A1 is 190$ it's a huge difference if you can't even afford an iPhone eX

It handles browsing, games, hearthestome, videos youtube whatever and has a very good battery.

Yoy really dont need any better hardware in a fucking phone.

SD625 is about energy efficiency, not "power". I have about 20h of pure shitposting here with no brakes using my Redmi Note 4X. Also, Mi Max 2 is about 230$

$130? What is that 2gb? If its 3gb and 32gb storage i say go for it
2gb is kinda shit with MIUI bec it eats a large chunk of ram

>Redmi Note 4x
Unless you're getting the neutered MTK or 3G/16G 3G/32G versions you aren't getting that for $130

SD 626/630/660 are all modern power efficient CPUs and I paid 189.99 for my Mi Max 2

The switch over to Omnivision on the Note 4X assures that the camera sucks donkey balls.

How about the camera? the audio quality?

It's a single down firing mono speaker WTF are you expecting? Also Xiaomi cameras are mostly all shit.

The only good cameras in xiaomi that ive seen are mi 5, mi 6 and a1. But theyre still shit on low light, good news is you can port googles camera app which gives dat sweet hdr+

Have redmi 4 prime. Those are the issues I have with it.

- bad RF sensitivity on 2G 900mhz network, didn't have time to test other bands/networks
- BT turned on wrecks wifi on 2.4Ghz band (causes packet loss, high latency) - this bug is also present on 4x, tested it myself
- in call microphone volume level is very low
- first notification is never displayed, it just flashes and immediately disappears
- no EQ over bluetooth although this is just feature missing not a defect

In general it's usable but those issues still remind you it's povertyphone.

Also bugs never get fixed.

Which is why the A1 is so revered, Cheap Xiaomi price with a vanilla android and confirmed android Oreo.

No more waiting months for Xiaomi to fucking fix notifications on something like the Mi max 2.

Had a mi5 coming up to a year now and I have to say the battery life is still pretty damn good.
Bluetooth can be spotty on rare occasions but its very rare.
It isn't a slow.
My alternative music app seems to crash quite often. Their default is shit since there is a pause between track changes.
Notifications require you to double finger swipe down to get more details which never was the case on their older miui.
Im not a heavy phone user aside from music and internet but its a good phone.
Don't expect any updates though.

I have a Note 4X. It's a good device. Hardware is pretty good, there's a little bit of a problem with the mic in calls that's too low but there are fixes. Software though is shady, recently the mi video app has been considered harmful by gplay and well, you better unlock bootloader (need to apply for it on their site) and put something slighlty more botnet free. For example, their calculator app asks for a fuckton of permissions. Camera's not great but will do most of the times, you don't need 20mpx of bs
t. ex mainline xperia owner

Also, go with the snapdragon version. Mediatek is trash

I thought were getting oreo atleast :(

Lineage is probably the only option

How's lineage anyway? I kind of feel like flashing stuff is less genuine than it was half a decade ago, but then again I haven't been interested in these years. Does it get OTA? security patches?

Nah, im still hoping. But this last update is alright so yeah

I just got the redmeme note 4, how long does it take to get the approval for unlocking the bootloader?

Stock firmware is laggy af.

they approved it for me on the same day i requested, after that you have to wait for 72 hours to actually unlock it tho

>mfw chinkphones dont work on wind

I fucking hate this carrier, the redmi note 4 is only $200 cad too

Kodak ektra right now for 100 at Best buy, order it and get a cricket sim and 40 refill card for free, flip the refill card and sim for maybe 30 and it's sounds like a good phone for 70 that way

Only issue is that it'll never get Android nougat or Oreo if you're ok with that

Redmi Note 4 running Resurrection Remix ROM. This is my favourite part