If Stallman had children would he let them use nonfree software (games, Microsoft Word for school projects, etc)?

If Stallman had children would he let them use nonfree software (games, Microsoft Word for school projects, etc)?

Other urls found in this thread:

stallman.org/articles/children.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>If Stallman had children
What a horrifying thought

Maybe that's why he didn't have kids

They would commit suicide at 12

No, I asked him about this and he suggested I blanket my kids school in pamphlets explaining the evils of proprietary software without offering a meaningful alternative.

He would be a completely different person then

>I blanket my kids school in pamphlets explaining the evils of proprietary software without offering a meaningful alternative.
Roughly what I expected.
I'm dead certain that his rule of "not my computer - not my business, they chose to be slaves themselves" would apply as well. Computers used by schoolchildren do not belong to the children.

Although I suspect that IF rms had children FSF would be much more invested in education.

If he had children, he would not doing any of this virginal shits

He would let them do as they wish after they've been educated.

I can imagine Stallman Jr. turning off random whores in the club because they want him to "add them" (on fb/insta/whatsapp etc. of course).

Why would any kid need Microsoft Word opposed to LibreOffice Write?

Why would you need Word when LaTeX is a thing?

> Why would you need Word when LaTeX is a thing?
Because it isn't.

Children would just present an attack vector for the enemies of freedom.
Same reason why Superman and Spidey don't have kids.

>implying anyone could fuck up supermans kid

This.
He probably would not let them use proprietary software before they had their own computers. I'd imagine he would say something like "I explained the dangers, now it's up to you" when his children were 13+

This is exactly why I asked. I feel like Stallman doesn't have a good idea of where free software needs to go for it to be more popular. The fact of the matter is, most free software alternatives, even if they can work as well as nonfree software, are harder to use or learn to use...

FSF needs to be MUCH more focused on education and getting kids interested than it currently is

If the FSF were smart, they'd be teaching FreeSoftware to developers in college.
Instead only the talented ones use GNU/Linux while everyone else is on Windows and Mac.

Colleges are liberal though and liberals are huge cooperate cocksuckers, especially to tech companies, so it could never happen.

But user, stallman is children

Nah Stallman is like a Jedi they're not allowed to form attachments or have relationships such as marriage

damn, it must be tough having to inject politics into every single discussion you have

Fucking Rogue man, is it even winnable consistently?

>if stallman had children
>beginning a conditional statement with a clause that will always be false

hey.. she prob needs a partner

Stallchad gets more ass than you could in 15 lifetimes.

But children are proprietary. So no. He would never have them.

>implying he's wrong
>implying that a proper discussion of what people do can be truly done outside of politics
here's a protip for you, politics means "affairs of the cities"
or should i say, butthurt corporate cocksucker liberal detected?

>If stallman had children
But not wanting to have children is part of his philosophy
stallman.org/articles/children.html

I love when autistic geniuses are too smart to have children, not that their personality is so abrasive their children are always aborted.

> the talented ones use GNU/Linux while everyone else is on Windows and Mac.

It's amazing how someone can be so out of touch with reality

This. It's been proven that the best developers use macs.

If he did somehow children born, he would've most likely house birthed since hospitals all run on old windows right?
Im sure he would flip shit knowing nonfree software helped with the birth.

do you guys actually fail to understand his way of being or just spouting the first retarded shit that come to your mind?
Hospital equipment does not belong to him. All he could do is offer an alterantive. He's not in power to dictate what they're using

That would be true if the best developers were homosexual and had low IQs.

LOL whatever brainlet

Stallman has stated that he doesn't think it's unethical to use proprietary software yourself. It's only unethical when you pressure other people into using it. Based on that, I don't think he would force them to use any software in particularly. Although he would probably not be willing to provide them with nonfree software himself.

>if stallman had children
you need a woman for that
a free woman doesn't exist

IIRC stallman fucked a nigger or something, there's a picture of him and her.

WHAT

He might allow them the freedom to use nonfree softwares if they pay for it and use it outside of the house. And, they must not register anything under their names or use any personal information during usage. Stallman believes that those who wish to use and produce nonfree software have the right and liberty to do so; however, such parties are unethical.

Enjoy your webdev, ranjeet. Those who don't use free software are not autistic enough to be affective programmers. They cannot learn C, they cannot use GCC.

Yeah, I saw the pic on Sup Forums, maybe someone can post it.

>talking about yourself in the third person
Don't do that user, I know you're bored and angry because you're not on your college dorm because of the hollydays, but that doesn't mean you have to be a retard

woah

>Stallman mates with this fucking half pig half cow thing from the Fedora website
>every single step is absolutely horrific from the mating process to the birthing to the resulting deformed and genetically fucked up offspring
NOTHING BUT NIGHTMARE FUEL

Are you serious?

You can't even spell effective and are probably a shit programmer

THIGHS THICC AS EMACS

>Are you serious?
No

>everyone is a shitty parent
>something something global warming
How can someone be so intellectually shallow?

>bsdgames-nonfree.png
>nonfree
Umm, no sweetie. The BSD licenses are in fact more free than the GPL variants.

You're not familiar with this package. The original Rogue wasn't under a BSD license, and that package only provides one game: the original Rogue.

On a side note. Net Hack is a great game to play if you work in an office (particularly in an tech or IT capacity) - If anybody sees it (terminal and all that) they simply think youŕe working.

The game is actually pretty hard and frustrating - I believe that noone has ever won it.

The lower levels of the caves are scary as hell.