/PCBG/ - Personal Computer Building General - MLG Edition

No AMD vs Intel this time pls

>Delid your CPU
youtube.com/watch?v=2eFzNpTOaOw

>Assemble a part list
pcpartpicker.com/
>Example gaming builds and _monitor_ suggestions; click on the blue title to see notes
pcpartpicker.com/user/pcbg/saved/
>Learn how to build a PC (You can find a lot more detailed videos on channels like Bitwit)
youtube.com/watch?v=69WFt6_dF8g
>How to install Win7 on Ryzen
pastebin.com/TUZvnmy1

If you want help:
>State the budget & CURRENCY for your build
>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g., photoediting, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)

CPUs:
>NO i5 7500/7600K or i7 7700/K. THEY ARE DEFUNCT AND SUPERSEDED BY COFFEE LAKE
>G4560/G4600 for non-gaming (light tasks) or bare minimum gaming builds with a dedicated graphics card
>R3 1200 - Budget builds (best with OC + fast RAM)
>R5 1600 / i5 8400 - Great gaming (especially the i5 8400) or multithreaded use CPUs (especially the R5 1600)
>R7 / Used Xeon / Threadripper / i7 - Heavy Multi-Tasking / VM Work / Mixed use

RAM:
>Current CPUs benefit from high speed RAM; 3000-3200 MHz is ideal
>Before buying RAM for Ryzen, check your Mobo's QVL or look for user reports

Graphics cards:
>Consider Vega 56 for a Freesync monitor
>Crypto-Currency miners have driven GPU prices up (particularly Radeon)
1080p
>GTX 1050Ti and 3GB 1060 are the only reasonably priced cards; 6GB 1060 or 4GB 580 if you want to overpay a little
>GTX 1070 if you're looking for very high (100+) framerates and you have a CPU and monitor to match
1440p
>GTX 1070/Ti and 1080 are standard choices; currently overpriced
>GTX 1080Ti if you're looking for very high (100+) framerates and you have a CPU and monitor to match
2160p (4K)
>GTX 1080Ti

General:
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING
>A 240GB or larger SSD is almost mandatory; consider m.2 form factor

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/ZtycQV
pcpartpicker.com/list/38nHVY
pcpartpicker.com/list/XKXvLD
pcpartpicker.com/list/XQGcQV
amazon.com/gp/product/B0123ZAQJE/
uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/wczNJV
amazon.co.uk/Freshtech-H110M-S2H-Motherboard-Performance-Certified/dp/B01C8QFMJW/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1514408659&sr=1-1-spons&keywords=Gaming pc&psc=1
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>behead those wo [embed] [embed].jpg
You had one job, you lazy cunt.

where

Can

i

get

a

right angled sata cable splitter

that

isnt

Amazon

Ali Express or eBay

user i went from 270x (Sapphire dualx) to 3g 1060 and i got like 40+ fps boost across the board
You won't regret it

ranch... or... cool ranch?

Sup Forums go and stay go

Delid this

Women are trash. Grab your boy's dick and play some fucking zombies together while you have some beers, don't worry about periods, pregnancy, or fucking cunts complaining about your hobbies and interests. Cuck.

Looking to build a ~$1000 (u.s.) machine to replace my old rig. Is it worth buying a GTX1070 for the ability to play my games from my home rig over the internet (I have great down and up speed).

Would a 3570k bottleneck a 1070 hard?
If so I'll probably get a 1060 6gb or 580 8gb. How many years would either one last me?

pcpartpicker.com/list/ZtycQV

I fell asleep last night so will this be good for 1440p 144hz gaming?

I don't think so Jeff

make me, soyboy

Can anyone with a Ryzen 7 1700 paired with the wraith cooler share their stress temperatures, voltage and RPM of the cpu fan?

I get nearly 70°C @3.2GHz/1.18v doing AIDA system stability test while the cpu and case fans are running at max. Seems a bit much and doesn't really offer any OC possibility, especially since setting my RAM to run at 2933MHz adds another ~6°C

>gayming without GPU
bold choice

If you want to spend 350$ on a cpu for playing games you ahould probably go with 8700k

Fucking shit, I must’ve removed it while looking for one pcpartpicker.com/list/38nHVY

have you tried Amazon?

I got a Maximus IX Hero today but it doesn't want to recognize my GTX1060 which works fine in another PC. I already tried to rule out every error but it still won't work, what do I do?

I'll second and tell you to go with the 8700k, everything else is fine.

May I ask why intel?

The 8700k has a pretty significat advantage in single core performance, which is what most games use. Also better potential for overclocking.

Literal brainlet here. Is the stock 8700k = 8700?

What would be a good mobo for it? Price is non issue

Yes and no. The i7 8700k differs from the 8700 in the fact that it's got an unlocked multiplyer, meaning you can overclock it. Everything else is the same.

Basically all currently available LG-1151-301 socket MBs are the same (more or less). I got the MSI Z370 GAMING PRO CARBON for my build and I've got no complaints so far.

I need your help
My budget is $1000 or less
I need a desktop for programming and possibly graphic editing
and for schoolwork
I might also be using virtual machines

hi guys i need a little help pls

>State the budget & CURRENCY for your build
im a 3rd world poorfag
>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
i just need 1 pc for clients to open docs with photoshop & autocad

currently noone of my old machines can

Buy a 6 year old workstation somewhere for a hundred bucks.

Used workstation from dell or HP from ebay.
1k is too little for serious work and since you're just a student it's ok to use used shit, its not like you're making money from your tools to begin with.

I posted this in the last thread. I currently have an EVGA GTX 980Ti. I play games on a 32" 1440p screen @ 60hz. I don't intend to game at 144hz or 4k resolution any time soon. Would it benefit me to get a GTX 1080Ti for maxing 1440p 60hz? Or should I wait for the next line of cards?

Or get another used 980Ti for SLI?

Why exactly should I bother with Coffeelake at all? I got a new 7600k for $198 yesterday.

Congratz on your new i3 cpu

>Why should I buy thing when other thing is X price that I already bought?

Ok so you went against the advice of /pcbg/ and bought a non coffee lake. What do you want? Coffee lake is recommended because quad core CPUs from both sides of the fence have been shown to be not enough for certain games that can actually take full advantage of moar coars. $50 more would have gotten you an i5-8400.

8400 is ~190-200 where i live and offers close to 7700k perfornance

dun goofd

Are you sure that dicrete gpu selected as default in bios instead of igd?

Hey lads, I just finished building a computer and found out the front panel audio isn't working. I already checked the connection to the motherboard and reinstalled drivers but it doesn't seem to be working. Is there anthing else to try before assuming the MB or case are malfunctioning?

Even better. The 8400 is a really solid chip. Sucks it took AMD curb stomping Intel at every turn for them to actually start adding more cores/threads to their consumer lines.

Is it enabled in bios and set to correct version(hd/ac97)?

should i be looking for a specific processor?

Is a GT 1030 good enough for a 1440p display? No gaming, just productivity. I may add a 720p second monitor.

>Ok so you went against the advice of /pcbg/
To be frank I didn't come here first because after 12 years on Sup Forums the first thing you learn is "don't ever listen to Sup Forums". Second, I got it on sale locally anyway so returning it is trivial. I wasn't concerned with coffee lake in the first place because the only thing I've been hearing come out of anyone's mouth, or benchmarks, is that the improvement of the Core lineup since Haswell has been completely pathetic and that going kabylake or even skylake over covfefelake would net me single digit percentile lower performance, which I don't consider to be worth $50.

If the deciding factor is "certain games" that take advantage of more cores better, which games would that be? If I don't play or plan to play them then the issue would be moot.

I tried checking the BIOS and couldn't find an option for it, where would it be under? It's MSI..

In addition, the system will absolutely be overclocked. If I can't OC the 8400, that's a problem.

It doesn't even let me select a PCIe gpu in the bios.

if it's just for display output and nothing else, get a gt 610 and call it a day

There are very cheap used computers with i5 2400 now. Insert a RX 560 and you have a perfect computer for your needs for around 200 euros.

i5 8400's are out of stock everywhere. Do I get an i3 8350k or a ryzen 1600? 1080p gaming.

>gaming
>amd
lol

UMA

Well if overclocking is a must, the i5-8600k can be had for $280 on Newegg. My local microcenter has it for $250. As for games that support more cores, pretty much all the major titles have been shown to like more cores. The various battlefield titles, COD, GTA 5, Metro 2033/LL, DOOM, the Witcher. It's not so much the fps high, but the minimums. 4c/4t and 4c/8t chips have shown stutter in some titles not to mention very high per core could usage. My buddy's i7-4790k had 89%-100% core usage with massive fps drops in battlefield 1. This was while paired with a GTX 1070.

Overall there's no reason to NOT get coffee lake except for it's price. If you got some killer deal on your older Intel chip + motherboard as a combo, then good on you. But don't pretend there's no benefit of having more cores available. Why do you think Ryzen is so popular? If I were you and you have the money, return your current chip and get the 8600k/Z370.

Yeah but you can't buy it without going over £20 for some reason.

Do you intend to do any major editing or encoding or just intend to heavy multi tasking while gaming? Yes? The Ryzen 1600.

No? The i3.

POO

Okay so how does one fuck up applying thermal paste onto the CPU?

Just a small pea size is more than enough, right?

Do it like this

what do the paste do?

Where do you live?

does a h110m come with the update for kaby lake or do i have to update the bios myself?
also what's the difference between h110m dvs and h110m gaming?
there's not even a support for faster rams

OY GEVALT

IN

is amd a nogo zone for me?

LOO

Planning to build a computer mostly for gaming. My budget is around 900€, not including the monitor (but would be nice if someone could recommend me a good monitor for 200 to 300€). I live in Germany. Thanks

I'll look into it. If I can find a 8600k for $250 or less I might go ahead and drop the 7600k. I've got plenty of time to mull it over.

Enjoy your 100% 98% 100% 99% today, not even talking about tomorrow. Also dead socket.

Well technically coffee lake and Z370 will also be a "dead socket" given how Intel artificially restricts their cpu compatibility.

Atleast they're good for today. Kabyshit on the other hand...

Reminder Intelcucks are LITERALLY brain-dead soygoys.

Pls gib build for NAS

>MSI B250M PRO-VDH
>Gigabyte GA-B250M-D3H
Which one bros?

pcpartpicker.com/list/XKXvLD

I gotta build this thing for around $900, probably just for gaming. Any suggestions?

get a 1060

Gaming pc 1080p freesync 75fps final build. Thoughts?

pcpartpicker.com/list/XQGcQV

Also chose 8gb because I don't plan on streaming or making movies while gaming. Plus all the games I plan on getting recommend 8gb

This build will get you 144fps easily with high settings in most of the games. Search for the appropriate monitor.

Recommend any in particular?

You can save like $80 by going with a 1060 6gb which is pretty much the same or faster than that 580. 580 prices are way overpriced due to miners.

Im thinking to get an 580, but i am between two models:
>Asus RX 580 8GB STRIX GAMING OC
or
>RX 580 8GB GIGABYTE AORUS
which one should i get, and why? i've read the asus one has better cooling and is really quiet, but there isn't a big difference with the Aorus one.

>Im thinking to get
Lol UMA
Hehehe
SOPA

Is it worth it to spend those 70-100€ more to get the 1060 6gb over the 3 gb version?

At that price? Probably not, no.

Should I go with USB or AC powered speakers?
What are some good (preferably less than 100) desktop speakers?

Fuck that just get the 3gb version if it's that big of a gap

When will RAm prices go back down to normal levels?

I swear I hate internet coin minners.

Quick question: WIll 8gb of CMK8GX4M1A2666C16R
amazon.com/gp/product/B0123ZAQJE/ work with the asrock ab350 pro4 motherboard

>ram prices
>go down
retard
>ram prices
>affected by miners
double retard

ollie hoop through a noose and neck yourself

This was rude

yes

>almost two year old cx750m
>970
>1600x

Should I get off the cx brand before it takes something with it?

uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/wczNJV

I got this all for £510. A fucking steal.

I need some advice
Obviously my system is all around bad/ancient but in an effort to play SFV I've run into an issue. My CPU sits at about 30-60% utilization (usually working about 3 cores and the 4th a little bit) and my GPU is usually about 50% utilization however despite turning the settings way down I still can't achieve a stable 60fps.

Do you think this is an issue with my GPU being ancient or the game not playing well with my CPU?

He's half right because the demand for gpus also meant increase in demand for memory chips used in said gpus but the main culprit currently is the mobile market and shitty wields.

He's too dumb to understand things will probably not go back to how they were and will wait forever instead of getting the shit he needs now.

>$1,099

Uhhhhhh I bought an I5 7600k a month ago, and it seems fine

What's the issue

Five or six fps, usually.

there are just better alternatives available for the same money. 7600k was outdated the moment ryzen came out

How overpriced is this pc?

amazon.co.uk/Freshtech-H110M-S2H-Motherboard-Performance-Certified/dp/B01C8QFMJW/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1514408659&sr=1-1-spons&keywords=Gaming pc&psc=1

Mine cost 170

Seems pretty worth it, especially since I was stuck with some shitty, ancient, hp Pavillion cpu

Doesn't seem so bad.

Does it have usbs on the front?

I don't plan on buying it but I don't think it does. That case if fugly anyway.