/wt/ - watch thread

This thread is about the appreciation of horology, as well as the micro-engineering and materials engineering that are required to make a fine watch, clock, or other timepiece.

>Required viewing for Seiko owners:
youtube.com/watch?v=svVLoYs636w

>Strap Guide:
pastebin.com/SwRysprE

>Watch essentials 102:
pastebin.com/VBAu4Rwi

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4qjqsfkS-HI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>posting cringy archaic Sup Forums memes

Jesus Christ, we've come to the stage where people are unironically defending Omega's white elephant implementation of the co-axial escapement. This is truly advanced shitposting.

You have nothing to support your claims. You don't even know what you are talking about. Someone defending a movement based on their knowledge is not shitposting.

still saving up for pic related.

Omega makes tens of thousands of coaxial watches every year and you don't see people complaining about their watch exploding.

Loving this vintage Kai shitter. Can’t wait to relume it.

>whining about some humor poking fun at a notoriously sensitive and autistic demographic on /wt/

Jap*
Also forgot pic

I really want there to be two watch threads where the faggots that literally use the threads as a seiko forum have their own containment thread and all the normal people have their own thread.

Buy a rep with a Miyota 9015 or an SW200 for a literally better watch.

And want to restore it so it looks like this

Other than the mercedes hands it looks cool.

Mercedes hands are cool desu. Do you dislike the Henn because of the Sub homage meme shit?

Personally I would just restore the exterior/case. Leave the dial and hand patina alone.

I hate brands that copy Rolex. Just do your own thing.

What are you wearing today /wt/?

?

Can you read the day of the week?

reminder that anyone who has a screw down caseback, screwdown crown, or a quick set date is copying rolex

I get your point but I just ordered the lume kit. Always wanted to try it and I think it would eb an improvement. This watch was incredibly cheap anyway, it’s not a common model either but you can’t compare it to a Rolex or Omega which would devaluate like shit for being relumed.

Sure. Not hard to learn seven symbols.

I mean copying design points. It's so fucking tasteless and shows that the company has no self-respect.

Quit your bitching. If you weren't already fags then what the fuck are you doing in a jewelry thread?

THE KING

Well to be fair the merc hands aren't (or weren't until fairly recently I remember someone saying they brought them) Rolex's.

I legitimately hate this watch. It shouldn't exist.

°w°

elaborate desu

In a range that includes GMT Master, that watch serves no purpose at all. A white dial GMT would be a much better version of that same watch.

watches are technology loser

bullshit, no one here gives a shit about technology, you all just talk about looks and brand names

You /fa/Sup Forumss only talk about the looks of the watches, not about the tech inside or anything, it belongs more on /fa/ than Sup Forums

------------------------> /mlp

in this (pretty new) thread we have so far discussed the cuckaxial meme, whether one should restore the lume on vintage pieces, homages, redundant watches in a companies lineup, and the looks of the watches.

the /fa/ version would be:
>"picked up my new Michael Qweers and Daniel Galoshes today"

i suppose that's true, however the explorer 2 has been a part of the line up since the 80s (seems like its more of a test branch for slightly out-there (for rolex) design decisions based on the very different styles.

ultimately I think there are greater problems in the rolex line up (two tone, for one)

The new Accutron 2302 is running a little inconsistently - it's slow, so I assume it's not jumping teeth. I wonder if the smaller forks are more susceptible to positional variance (or if the single coil design makes it more so)

The fork pitch also changes dramatically and the case starts vibrating a lot when you pull the crown. These tuning fork movements are weird.

Casio AE1200WHD-1A vs Casio AE1000WD-1A

N E R D
E
R
D

either one gives you 10 years of virginity protection

youtube.com/watch?v=4qjqsfkS-HI

Archie's latest shitter.