Should I get an iPad Air 1 for cheap or dish out more for an Air 2

Should I get an iPad Air 1 for cheap or dish out more for an Air 2

I want something for ebooks and comics mostly, the regular air seems like it should be fine but does Apple slow it down because battery bullshit?

Other urls found in this thread:

lmgtfy.com/?q=Windows keyboard lag
google.co.uk/amp/s/www.macworld.com/article/3226490/ios/ios-11-hevc-heif-and-what-you-need-to-know-about-these-new-video-and-photo-formats.amp.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

iPad Air 2 is worth the extra cash. If your willing, the budget iPad 2017 is great. I’m talking realllll good user.

why do I do this

Omg

>Apple
Found your problem.

>I want something for ebooks and comics mostly
>zero access to filesystem
>only way to load documents is through itunes cancer
>only way to load things on itunes is buy them
lmao

Just get the regular iPad 2017. It has a retina display and an A9 processor and is just $329. It's wayyyy better value.

Also...

>was $699
like 4 years ago? lmao good going ebay

>buying ishit
>any year

Like it or not apple completely dominates the tablet world at every price point above 200 dollars. The value for money and product you get is infinitely better compared to any other tablet.

I'm sorry that apple products trigger you so much that some people discussing which apple product to buy makes you angry, rather than just ignoring said thread.

How long has it been like this? Can you trace it back to a particular experience or is it perhaps related to several years of being forced to buy cheaper alternatives that have made you so triggered like a snowflake by the existence of apple?

Someone with art skills should make a comic of this

>Anons discussing iPads calmly
>suddenly this retard comes in
>HURR ITODDLERS WHY ARE YOU FORCING YOUR APPLE PRODUCTS ON ME? LMAO BUYING APPLE IN 2017 HURR LOOK AT THIS 5 YEAR OLD GIF OF A JAILBROKEN IPAD APPLE BTFO HAHA THANK GOD I HAVE A 50$ TABLET FROM WALMART INSTEAD

Then don't use apple and apple isn't cancer. It's great company. If you don't like it don't comment.

iPad iPhone not ishit

Not exactly. Asus is pretty good at about one hundred. No issues.

I cant tell if bait or mentally retarded.

A $100 android without cellular (just add tether/hot spot to existing phone) with ES File Explorer and VLC alone can do a whole ton more. if you want 8 inch then a fire 8 HD tweaked,

Like it or not apple is fucking trash in the tablet world at every price point. The value for money and product you get is infinitely inferior compared to any other tablet.

I had a 2017 fire 8, it was my first time experiencing lag on Android ever and I hated it.

> The value for money and product you get is infinitely inferior compared to any other tablet.

Confirmed for knowing nothing about tablets. The regular iPad for $329 just blows away anything the competition offers out of the water and the iPad Pro has the high end market locked up.

You are seriously deranged if you are this devoted to derailing any apple thread.

>Fire 8
This has about 1/8 of the single core score and 1/4 of the multi core score of the iPad 2017 ($329).

I know, you'll probably say "I dont care about processing power I just want to read/browse the internet/watch videos etc.". but trust me, you will notice. Coming from someone who had a Samsung Galaxy Tab S, a tablet that is a LOT more powerful than the fire, yet it still was laggy as fuck when doing basic stuff especially on startup. You will really notice the extra performance from an iPad.

Also, I presume the Asus is going to have a similar problem with lag as it's also behind my samsung galaxy tab S.

I have an iPad air 1, it is still running like a champ. It will serve your purposes just fine OP

>I'm so desperate to fit in with my idea of what Sup Forums is I'll shill for microshit
It's really hilarious how fucked up nu-Sup Forums is nowadays.

The surface pro is pretty retarded. The whole point of a tablet is extra mobility, so you can hold it in your hand like a book. The surface pro loses that ability so it's basically an overpriced laptop.

Fire HD 8 was the lowest I could show at $40. The fact is, it has Micro SD slot of 256 GB is huuuuuuge compared to any iPad. With proper programs and network you can make it much more than an iPad. I agree it has a smaller screen and the newest require the Fire TV HDMI adapters ($40) to play on TVs. Lets just say I am going with best bang for the buck.

>iPad
I have one, it became a laggy useless piece of shit in less than a year. Apple trash, never again.

I still use a first gen, does what it can still do pretty well.

Suit yourself, but its going to lag like fuck

>muh storage
sheep-tier, do you take megapixels seriously too?

Well yeah, its $40. Depending on the movie container and viewer or if you set it up with Yodi, it is going to have some issues at 1080P streaming to a TV. Just giving an example for the group. Let me tell you my $40 tablet right now works over wireless on itself well with movies, shows, jpg, png, etc. No lag. Screen could be better but if setup with right angle, totally fine with ES or VLC in some rare container cases for video files. Honestly still testing the most heavily laggy ones I've seen.

i would buy an ipad if it had mouse and keyboard support. Don't feel like having to constantly move my hand to touch the screen when I could just leave it flat on a surface.

i have the first ipad air, i use it primarily for ebooks and its a-ok. i havent updated it in like 2 years though lol

Storage is big in my world as I go out camping. Solar keeps it running. I want my TV/Tunes/Books. I want to go thinking the world ended. Fuck all kind of mind set. Just to enjoy and be myself. Strange I know. Calming at the same time that I dont thing about a huge company could fall if I dont do my job.

Are you having a stroke?

2 rupees have been deposited to your shill account.

I own the first gen one for school and all you really need to read comics/mango is MangaStorm and some other app from the same dev I can't remember. The iPad 2 is better since you can split screen multitask, the iPad Air 1 is a device from 2013. Hop on the newest model available since Apple is now justified to put the first gen on the chopping block.

>I still use a first gen,
You should specify it's an Air first gen (iPad 5) and I sadly dropped mine and haven't fixed it after a year or two because I'm too poor to import a screen and install it. Is it worth it? Should I just get a new one to avoid getting gimped in a year?

Call 911.. hah no, just keeping it short and sweet.

>avoid getting gimped in a year
>lagPad
lmao

What’s the matter, Microfriend? Can’t wrap your head around posting on Sup Forums, reading PDFs using SSH without a decacore processor and 6 GB of RAM? Sounds like a technology board isn’t quite your speed.
Shit’s going to get gimped anyway, the Air as it is has been pretty good to people I know who have owned one for years.

The iPad has a great battery life. I charge mine every 3 days on average and use it a decent but. Based on the iPhone having a ~500 cycle battery before it throttles, that would equate to 4-5 years before the iPad experiences throttling. By then you can either get the battery replaced or get a new iPad, it’s up to you. And the android equivalent would be just as laggy and have a shit malfunctioning battery.

This.

No lag.

Learn to be a jedi.master. Yoda would make you raise the x wing fighter multiple times.

If you can afford the price jump, go for the Air 2. The jump in power between it and the original Air was pretty significant compared to previous iPads.

does 4chanx work on mobile safari? Are there any Sup Forums apps for ipad?

>but does Apple slow it down because battery bullshit?
Yes.

>does 4chanx work on mobile safari?
Good joke

Sup Forums

>iPad after 1 year
>lags and can't even type text

>any tablet running linux/windows/android after 1 year
>still works perfectly

rly maeks u thnk...

what about apps?

Why is it my ancient Surface Pro 1st gen from 2013 still works like new with a fresh install, but a far newer iPad less than 2 years old can't even type without lag?

use a keyboard then

>no indication on background applications
>no indication of storage space free
>no indication of battery age
>no indication of model
>no indication of temperature
This post means nothing.
I await your copy-paste pre-formatted post and additional WebMs though.

>all this shit that iTards need to worry about to make sure their lagPad can type
Truly cucked.

Not once in my personal ownership of dozens of PCs and management of thousands of fleets of office PCs from the 90's onward have I ever seen text input lagging. Apple is a fucking joke.

lmgtfy.com/?q=Windows keyboard lag

Thanks for your anecdotes though.
I’m sure you’re a great engineer.

Don't know, my 1st gen Air (2014) works fine.

is an ipad 2017 for 250 good? Will it play h265?

Pretty good

Apple supports HEVC
google.co.uk/amp/s/www.macworld.com/article/3226490/ios/ios-11-hevc-heif-and-what-you-need-to-know-about-these-new-video-and-photo-formats.amp.html

but at what bitrates?

Similar question as OP

Should I get the ipad 2017 or the ipad pro 10'5.
Is the pro that much better ?

>A9 devices and above support hardware decoding of both 8bit and 10bit HEVC (so A9/A9X devices could be better than a Skylake mac with 10bit content)
>A8 devices (6/6+, ipad Air/Air2, ATV4) only support fully software decoding

Users have tested up to 50Mbits. Apparently it’s smoothest at around 30mbps though @ 4K60fps

What capacity? I was pretty happy when I found my 64GB Air (1) for $250 in late 2016.

32gb

2017 iPad was literally $250 all over the place this Xmas and if it isn’t still will be soon again. Either spring for the 2 or get the latest unless you’re really low on cash. Air is fine and will serve you well enough, the latest and the 2 have more ram and better processors.

?

do ipads get throttled?