I jave a ryzen 7 1700x, and i just purchased a gtx 1080 over the holidays to upgrade/replace my gtx 1060 3gb...

I jave a ryzen 7 1700x, and i just purchased a gtx 1080 over the holidays to upgrade/replace my gtx 1060 3gb, what kind of performance increase will i be looking at? It comes in tomorrow.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/vDgpBaw4y7A
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

0, the bottle neck was the R7 all along

A big one

Like 20% or so
Ryzen 1700 are huge bottlenecks.

gtx 1080 bottlenecks the r7 1700x if you're pushing more than 6 million pixels per frame

Top lol, do you regularly throw away money like that?

none

I wouldn't buy AMD but this is wrong
Who cares you will see a performance increase though maybe go look at youtube videos faggot

t. IntelAviv shills
Have you circumcised (delidded) your CPUs yet?

Damn. Shoulda came on here before my purchase, huh? What processor would be better?

Nice same fagging

Don't listen to these fags. The R7 1700x is just fine. Upgrading to a jewtel cpu will only get around a 10~15% boost in fps for your gayming (assuming that's what going to use it for) and will cost you around $500~$600 and will have to be out of date in a year anyways

Well i really only did this upgrade so i can run horizon 3 on max settings a 60 fps 1080p. Will i succeed with this?

Short answer, yes. This video shows it running with ultra settings. Not sure if that's what you wanna use or you want to go even further but this video should give you a rough idea

youtu.be/vDgpBaw4y7A

>Out of date in a year

a 4790k from 2014 with half the cores keeps up or surpasses a R7 1700 in gaymen
Not saying he won't see an improvement
The Ryzen chips are a great improvment
but at the end of the day Intel and Nvidia are simply the best

With those specs I don't see why not but M$ gimps their games on PC

As long as you dont get a celeron/FX/some pentiums, you it rlly doesn't matter what you bought.

I ment that there's gonna be a new one next year. I still use my i7-2600 from years ago

Wow thanks dude, that helped.

Around 100 %. Your FPS will double. Probably even 115 %. The 1080 is a double 1060, 2560 vs 1280 shaders, the 3 GB variant only has 1152 shaders.

umad?

Thats on a 6800k though

don't listen to these fags their just shitposting, you could upgrade to a 8700k delided at 5 GHz and not notice a difference, especially at 60Hz a cpu upgrade would get you from 150 fps to 155 160 and then you're GPU bound again.

I've never seen someone actually be right when they make a claim of same fags

AMDoomed.

samefag that called samefag, switching monitor resolution/zoom and developer tool-ing the (You)s away from all but one post

I too game at 240p friendo!

The biggest bottleneck you will face is the lack of good games that take advantage of your new card.

Your first mistake was buying the 1080 in the first place and not being content with a fine graphics card

I'm currently phone posting though.
My main PC is rendering something and my old 2600k becomes unusable

>game at 1080p 144hz
>don't even play FPS
>play comfy games
>stellaris lags late game because of game design
>xcom2 looks worse at 8x MSAA than FXAA while running at 20% the FPS
basically

Wow, retards incoming. Or just Intel shills. 1700x is hardly bottlenecking the 1080 ti.

Increase will be like 2x OP.