Why is it so hard to find a good and reasonably priced USB-C monitor?

Why is it so hard to find a good and reasonably priced USB-C monitor?

Other urls found in this thread:

arstechnica.com/gadgets/2017/05/intel-to-make-thunderbolt-3-royalty-free-in-bid-to-spur-adoption/
store.hp.com/us/en/pdp/hp-envy-27-27-inch-display-w5a12aa-aba
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

because connecting monitors over USB is a bad idea?

check out dumbo mcgillicuddy

as for you question what do you mean, as in output from the computer via usb-c?

You'd only ever need one of those if you had a MacBook that needed to be connected and we don't use those here on Sup Forums

>we don't use those here on Sup Forums
Speak for yourself. I'm not a tech illiterate fanboy that limits myself from types of hardware because what others think.

Because thundebolt 3 contains DisplayPort

Well, by using an apple product, you are limiting yourself.

>as for you question what do you mean, as in output from the computer via usb-c?

Yes

Except that's the only type of person who would get an Apple product.

dumb phone-posters driving up the price of monitors with their android desktops

Apple isn't a company for tech, its a company for convenience. Enjoy your small ass devices, portability over everything

2/10

Because TB3 requires paying royalties.

?? I hope you're not running MAC OS cause I have bad news for you...

>we don't use those here on Sup Forums

Hello newfag. This board has always had a large amount of Mac users, most not primary though. There's nothing to discuss really with them either so there's never really any threads. Not like all the thinly veiled Linux tech support threads or the countless Windows problems with games threads.

Everyone here is always late on everything.

arstechnica.com/gadgets/2017/05/intel-to-make-thunderbolt-3-royalty-free-in-bid-to-spur-adoption/

>Announces plans
>Still hasn't done it yet

No one is late.

Because it's a little silly to conflate form factor and protocol in your OP

It's fucking ridiculous!

>Wants Sup Forums to find everything for him
Fuck off you fucking normie..

store.hp.com/us/en/pdp/hp-envy-27-27-inch-display-w5a12aa-aba

I run an XPS-13 with a USB-C to HDMI converter and drive a 34" disolay along wiht the 13" onborad one with an integrated desktop. No problem at all, even when I switch the 34" for a 21" at work.
Oh yeah, linux user (CentOs in this case...), so otherwise, i feel sorry for ya...

It's objectively not silly when it comes to displays.
There's only one reason a display would have a USB-C port, and that's DisplayPort.
Sure, you can use it as a host or hub for a bunch of USB devices, or you can use the USB-C port to deliver power, but those are all tertiary uses...and there are less stupid ways to accomplish those use cases anyways.

Oh, yeah - the 34" is a 4k device and the 21" is 1920x1080

Is that one of the Star Trek alien species?