Samsung’s Galaxy S8 has picked up yet another tech gong with it winning the EE Pocket-lint award for best smartphone...

Samsung’s Galaxy S8 has picked up yet another tech gong with it winning the EE Pocket-lint award for best smartphone of 2017.

This is the second major award Samsung has collected this year for its flagship smartphone and it’ll come as no surprise to many.

The S8 features a stunning curved design, incredible edge-to-edge screen and top-class cameras.

And with a host of recent price cuts, it’s now available at a relatively affordable price.

The Galaxy S8 was chosen by a panel of top technology experts and readers of the Pocket-lint website.

If you haven’t, you should buy Galaxy S8 today!

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=6yuVJ5DFjv8
displaymate.com/iPhoneX_ShootOut_1a.htm
dxomark.com
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Nice post samshill

I will not buy a Galaxy S8.

Mostly because I already have a Galaxy S8 Active.

A note active would be my dream phone.

What the hell? I didn't believe paid shills were actually real up until now.

T. Kim park

kek you reminded me that this samshit also """won""" the compact prize by gsmarena, a fucking brickphone as a compact, it's like giving tyson a flyweight prize because he made good feints.

I love my s8

You've convinced me, do you have a referral link I could use?

At least the appleshills reword their press releases, step up your game faggot

>tyson a flyweight prize because he made good feints.
you've lost me

>"""stunning""" """incredible"""
why are people so impressed by phones. it's just a stupid fucking pocket size time waster. all these liberal magazine faggots need to drop the phones and tablets and bluetooth speakers and pick up some weights and raw meat because they're turning us all into zombies

Yeah but that finger print sensor location is fucking stupid. Why can xiaomi get this right but not Samsung?

They are fixing it in the S9

Square fingerprint reader for our square fingers. Clearly Samsung is a pioneer.

But can you root it? Samsung's are hard to root.

>crack front glass panel
>it costs 65% of a new units price to repair

I honestly hate shillsung more than apple...

I got one

The vr stuff is cool, DESU I feel like this the pixel2 and LG v30 may as well-being literally the same phone. 1440p. Snapdragon 835, 4gb ram. Same shit all around. At least this feels 95% like an iPhone and has good vr

I used an s8 at a Verizon store and that shit was almost as laggy as my Galaxy s5.
Touch Jizz is still alive and well

Yes

>A literal advert

Please go away. We know what the S8 is, you don't need to tell us.

I have a rooted S8(exynos) . That's the first thing to do in order to remap that Bigsby button to a home button.

Is Bixby useful?

I haven't tried it. Don't plan to.

Any cool new features on this phone?
Do you lose anything after rooting it?

Features, yea. Adaway. And no more EU warnings for brightness and volume.
Cons. Yea. Samsung pay and secure folder gone forever. Any knox feature basically. And the warranty too of course.

>EU warnings
this shit pisses me off so bad. my friend has an S8 he got in Korea and that has a shutter sound on the camera you can't disable so people know when you're taking pictures. I guess that's something rooting could fix, too

That's only because the phone is relatively cheap.
The back glass on the iPhone X is about the same percentage, see the problem?

You might be able to fix, but in some countries it is a legal requirement to have the shutter sound. I dunno if it applies to modifications as well, but definitely to the stock app and maybe to camera apps made in the country.

>samshit shills are fine
>apple threads deleted in minutes

Oh fuck off mods, I knew you were being paid off.

This thread is up 8 hours now.

Nobody spamming “report, sage, hide”

No thread deletion

Mods confirmed andreets.

>incredible edge-to-edge screen
*not as good as the iPhone X

>top-class cameras.
*easily outclassed by the iPhone X

You absolutely deserve to be oppressed if you support the cancer that is Apple.

Chances are, you're using a modern smartphone, the smartphone which was invented by apple.

I will admit the Samsung S8 is a great phone in terms of value for money. With that said the iPhone X is objectively a better phone, putting price aside.

>Fastest processor by far:
m.youtube.com/watch?v=6yuVJ5DFjv8
(Note the Note8 has the same processor as the S8)
-In a comprehensive speed test including opening apps, opening games, and video/photo export, the iPhone X finishes in 7 minutes, 3 second while the Samsung S8 finishes in 12 minutes 35 Second.

actual gameplay, the iPhone X has faster performance and better graphics

-The iPhone X outperforms the S8 by as much as 60% in the following benchmarks:
Geekbench
Antutu Benchmark
3DMark
GFXBench
JavaScript rendering test

>Faster storage speed
The iPhone X has 1100 Mb/s read and 500 mb/s write
The Samsung S8 has about 100 mb/s read and write

>Display
The iPhone X has the best display, according to displaymate.
displaymate.com/iPhoneX_ShootOut_1a.htm

>Camera
The iPhone X scores 97 on dxomark while the Note 8 scores 94. The iPhone X is only beaten by the pixel 2 which scores 98.
dxomark.com

>rounded meme
>curved meme
>18.5:9 meme
Nope. I'll stick with my S7 flat, thanks

i'd get a samsung in a heartbeat if it wasn't for their shitty skin, fucking hell it runs twitchier then a motherfucker, why can't they go the op5 route and just do minimal bloat

Chances are, you don't have a headphone jack, while I do.

I invested in a pair of bose quiet comfort 35 headphones. I don’t need a backwards jack.

>Shilling Gooksung Gooklaxy
kill yourself with your gook anime waifu

I didn't need to invest in anything at all, because I have a headphone jack.

droidjeets BTFO

>winning with the S6
>winning with the S7
>winning with the S8

THANK YOU, BASED SAMMY!