Why are appliances made like absolute shit today? What happened to the quality we had 20 years ago...

Why are appliances made like absolute shit today? What happened to the quality we had 20 years ago? Is there a Sup Forums approved washer?

SOMEONE RECOMMEND A NON-SHIT DISHWASHER THEY ALL SUCK FUCK OBAMA REGULATION REEEEEEEE

Hell a "real" metal wash bucket that size would run you $80 jew ass dollars in america. Another $40- $60 for the washboard.

so you buy new ones every 2 years

see if you can find an amish wife or something

>Why is everything made like absolute shit today?
ftfy, and the answer is because america survived 9/11

I'm 42. Twenty years ago people were longing for the quality appliances they had 20 years ago.

Nothing changes

Corporations can ring moar money outta you if they build their large appliances to break every 6-10 years

get a miele front loader.

Bosch/Siemens or Electrolux.

>ring
*wring

>play candy crush while you get groceries

>Front loader
No. Never buy a front loader. This water saving meme has to stop. Front loader will develop problem with the sealing and you can't open it mid cycle.

IoT was a mistake.

>hur dur, my coffee machine sends a mail when the coffe is ready.
>mah microwave send me emojis when it finish heat up my rice.
>look, i can shutdown the light of my bathroom using my cellphone. And since the company that developed the smart light buld stop giving updates, now everyone on the internet also can.

Bosch, my current one's been running for more than 15 years now.

Capimalitism

>tfw microwave made by electrolux just dead a year ago...

15 years rip

My mom used to have one of those washers that were 100% made of steel, thing weighted like a ton and the only time it broke you just had to replace the electric motor which was huge.
The times of overbuilding shit are over, it's all about that will do and cutting costs.

>friend got a cup of coffee that uses bluetooth to tell you when your cup is empty
Nigga, just hold you cup. Like, you can weight how much coffee you have. Why spend money in this shit?

Nigga just look inside the cup its faster and easier

I'd like to use this thread to bring attention to an Apple-esque trend i've seen with washing machines. Avoid welded drum machines at all costs - ones that can't open like pic related. It's the pettiest shit i've seen, where they deliberately make it impossible to replace the bearings, spider, or anything else that wears out after many years.

Travel mugs are a thing when the coffee machine is far away (read, more than 10 meters).

Also, you can put hot alcoholic beverages on it, and no one will ever know.

A Bosch or Miele. Expensive German shit will last.

Part of the problem is plastics.
A lot of parts that used to be metal and hella durable have been replaced with cheaper and lighter plastics.
But in the case of washing machines that means adding heavier weights so that it doesn't wander around your laundry.
It's still cheaper to mold plastic than make the same part from metal. The second problem is electronics.

Things were just more expensive 20 years ago if you account for inflation and cost of living.
A fridge and a dishwasher that you buy for 500 dollars today are built from the cheapest parts possible that were manifactured by some sort of chinks in a sweatshop.
Buy a dishwasher for 3k and then it will last you two decades.

This. Neff, Bosch Siemens are one company and their stuff is solid.

Miele is uber-tier. Never fucking breaks.

Nothing wears out your washing machine more quick than a uneven one.
Some models now come with a plumb on it.

>be me
> move out of house
> 2 years later, mom gets new washer & dryer
> donates old ones to me, ~25 years old
> 6 months, washer breaks, $250 repair bill
> I ask tech "What's a good new one to buy?"
> "None. Keep this one and repair it."
> OK ..?
> year goes by
> mom's new washer breaks (also has less capacity)
> asks me about her old one
> do I know of any good ones
> tell her same thing tech told me
> month later shopping Habitat For Humanity store
> find her old washer for $50
> bring home, clean & fix up, $200 maintenance bill
> give to her, sell her slightly used new one for $350
> current year, 2018 t-minus a few hours
> 12 more years have gone by
> both old washers going stronk, no new repairs
> both over 35 years old, nearly 40

Sears Kenmore, from before the KMart takeover. Pretty much out of business because they made shit that works and doesn't break.

Valuable lesson learned: capitalism only works if the landfills keep getting filled up, as rapidly as possible.

Also cold alcoholic drinks desu

why would you want to repair a washing machine, replacement parts + paying somebody to repair it will cost you almost the price for the thing in the first place.

I'm actually surprised how well my 12 year old appliances are holding up.

My microwave combi oven is the only thing that broke.
Washer and dishwasher are still as new, and they weren't even expensive brands.

Maybe read the manual and follow the basic maintenance tips?

The Cold War ended. People no longer think everything has to be able to withstand a nuke

>Bosch
Bosch/Siemens stuff is mostly made in the 3rd world now. Their large appliances like fridges are no better than fucking LG.

You can also buy V-Zug, but the economy of buying $5000 appliances is questionable even if they last 3 times longer than $500 ones.

>IoT was a mistake.

It might lead to longer lasting products though.

Once they can make more money selling your personal data than by selling you a new machine.

We bought an old Candy Alise with my wife for 20 bucks around 7 years ago. So far it has been a solid machine and never had any problems with it.

Maybe in america.
Here in my shithole, a good washing machine cost easily 3 minimum wages.

not even my almost 10 year old el cheapo front loader has any problem with the sealing and it washes cleaner and tumbles dryer than top shits.

this. miele is liebherr are gold

Fuck Bosch, I'm tired of soldering leaks in my water heater every few months.

Because it's not a real issue.

Just FUD spread by American manufacturers who lack the technology to make a good front loader.

bosch/siemens aren't what they used to be. get neff and/or miele.

All of my extended family has been using front loaders for decades and never had any sealing problems. The couple machines that failed did so due to electronic or motor/bearing problems.

again

you don't have to buy expensive stuff. The washing machine my mom bought was noname discount store-tier for like 250€ since we moved to a different city and the funds were limited.
5 years without a problem. only got replaced because it doesn't have a "remaining time" display (we didn't throw the old one out, I'll keep it when I move out)

Liebherr is solid but not without their issues. According to a fridge salesman I know, several years ago they had frequent problems with coolant leaks in the foam-filled freezer box, which couldn't be repaired so the entire fridge had to be recycled and replaced. The older rounded door handles were also weak so chads broke them often.

Opinions on Whirlpool and Samsung.
Looking for a heat pump dryer and seen some large capacity ones from them at good prices.

Whirlpool not even at gunpoint.
Fuck if I knew about Samsung's appliances, they make too many things.

Buy a Speed Queen you nig.

My nagroid.

>tfw most things in my house are analog as fuck and the only smart devices are my old ThinkPad and smart phone
Feels good to not be apart of the biggest consumer trap of the 21st century

Because i'm man enough to do it myself and don't need to pay someone to fix it. Also parts are not that expensive, maybe your repairman has been overcharging.

The truth is those in the third world piecing them together don't care about quality control. They slave away each day making stuff for us "rich ungrateful westerners" and theyve come to resent us. Even for the worse brands youll get an item that lasts years and thats because it was the one item that wasn't neglected entirely through its production and assembly line.

>too many things
Samsung used to make weapons under Techwin

Inflation friends

>house use to have wood board walls the me cheaper drywall came then sheet rock. Try and make house out wood boards again bay like x3 the cost of drywall.

This why tool and shit lower quality. While we made.completion go over sea for much cheapest build ever, we also lost the worth of our money making shit even worse quality.

Repair it yourself with generic, off-brand parts, dumbass.