When are we getting reasonable eink monitors?

When are we getting reasonable eink monitors?

I'd like one to code on.

Other urls found in this thread:

dasungtech.com/english/detail/id/220
youtube.com/watch?v=D-kYQ61A-s4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

How about you code on a normal computer you hipster piece of shit

I'm going blind you insensitive piece of shit.

is this real?
how does work?
can run loonux?
need real ink?
how much money?
why glass thing?
uwu?

Do your carers know you're using a computer?

#1 best advancement is screens. I dont care if we need to be black and white i just high refresh rate.
sadly thats not likely

OwO?

what about with clearink?

>uwu?
yes.

shhh dont tell daddy
very OwO
^.^

>is this real?
(Yes)(tm)
>how does work?
Small half-black half-white magnetic balls flipped back and forth with tiny coils
>can run loonux?
Yes
>need real ink?
No
>how much money?
Not really for sale yet
>why glass thing?
Support and A E S T H E T I C S
>uwu?
uwu

but what about the koding highlight senpai
i mean, it could save energy but it would be pretty shit to read

>(Yes)(tm)
yay!
>Small half-black half-white magnetic balls flipped back and forth with tiny coils
sounds painful, owo
>Yes
yay!
>No
yay!
>Not really for sale yet
awww!
>Support and A E S T H E T I C S
Ok but it look uggy
>>uwu?
>uwu
uwu

They exist but...
dasungtech.com/english/detail/id/220
> A THOUSAND DOLLARS
> no mention of refresh rate

How will e ink help more than a high contrast setting on your editor?

Not him but the lack of backlight May be easier on the eyes

I looked at some videos and in low-quality mode it can actually play videos and shit. Looks like maybe around 15-ish fps to me? It's obviously not silky smooth, but you can still follow the motion in the video comfortably.
In high quality mode it works just like random ereaders and takes on the order of a second per refresh.

>15-ish
>second per refresh
trash

15 fps for an eink is amazing. It's actually usable as a monitor

>void
>cute boys
what the h*ck marry me please

Colour eink exists.

Kissy boys!
UwU

>When are we getting reasonable eink monitors?
when there is proper market demand for them to make it viable to have economies of scale production
hint: not anytime soon

can i kiss you in my bed user

imagine the refresh rate

owo

The market demand could be created by marketing.
Sadly the people producing e-ink are horrible at marketing their shit for anything but e-readers.
Pretty much any government office around the world, every programmer, and any author/writer could benefit from these monitors.

Highlighting is a meme that has gone too far.

While we're at it, what is the best e-ink book reader in terms of screen quality?

Kill yourselves

>I'm going blind you insensitive piece of shit.
You should worry about more things than buying a monitor to browse 4chins and code then.
Not memeing, go and have a deep long look in the face of your family since you may not be able to do that again.

You don't need color to highlight.
There is such a thing as background fill, bold, italicizing, and knowing how to do your fucking job

Eink is not designed for monitors, it is meant for applications where a reasonable refresh rate is not necessary and you need a long battery life or to simulate paper. If you want a monitor that easy on the eyes look for one that filters blue light.

Here is current eink tech at it's best, shame no OEM is buying the flexible displays to make something like the prototype book: youtube.com/watch?v=D-kYQ61A-s4

>for anything but e-readers.
They market them as watch faces, cards, billboards, fashion, meeting room signs, menus, and watch faces. Sadly no one seems interested, cost has a major reason to do with that.

Go see the world as well. Like some waterfalls and shit.

I hope Fitbit revives the Pebble series of watches because e-ink is perfect for a smart watch.