Alright, I've been using this sucker for as long as I've been watching movies and tv shows...

Alright, I've been using this sucker for as long as I've been watching movies and tv shows. Convince me to use something else, fa/g/s.

Other urls found in this thread:

videolan.org/vlc/download-windows.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I recommend VLC.

There's one made by VideoLAN that's pretty good.

smplayer uses mpv
use that if you cant be bothered to customize settings
otherwise just get bare mpv

There's this one which is pretty good:
videolan.org/vlc/download-windows.html

Can I convince you to kill yourself instead?

an*me website

mpv is p comf

The orange cone player is the best.

Piece of shit honknigger

Ditched that colossal piece of shit when they've gone full Mozilla with that "feel the Christmas cheer!" icon mascarade.

VLC is the best!

Die, you mudslime piece of shit! DIE!!!!!!!!111111111111eleven

I think you are a fully grown adult who is okay with his/her/its preferred software.

When an app starts doing things on its own it means the developer thinks he's too important. When a developer thinks he's too important he starts taking advantage of its users.

Shit went into the trash in a split second.

lol, fuck off muzzie

If you're on GNU/Linux, I recommend mpv. Not because it's only on GNU/Linux, but because you can do more with it easily there. I have any links clicked in urxvt that contain 'mpv' open directly in mpv instead of my browser. My friend I chat with in IRC who has a similar setup will sometimes append a link with ?mpv (which works for most sites without breaking the page) and then I can directly view it. You can also open local or remote videos and pictures with mpv. It even works with Twitter "gifs" (they are mp4s) and videos.

You can control it from the terminal you launch it from, so I use my laptop + ssh/tmux and can open something in mpv on my HTPC across the room and remotely play/pause, adjust volume, take scrots, etc. It also supports playlists. You just make a .m3u file and put URLs or full file paths in it. I use this to keep a playlist of youtube videos as well as playlists of anime that I can then just play via 'mpv anime.m3u'. I even made some nice aliases like mpa='mpv anime.m3u' and van='vim anime.m3u' for quick playing/editing of the playlists. It works extremely well, and I can't imagine using any other video player at this point.

Shut up bitch.

mudslimes are retarded

VLC is bloat. IINA is the new go to media player.

VLC is botnet.

How about buying your media and using it on a player or use a paid for streaming service you fucking thieves

Windows -> MPC (BE or HC)
Linux -> mpv (u can use it here in its full potential)

MPV is spyware which sends clips of played media to a secure server

mpv actually works better for me on windows than mpc

i like bsplayer, its light and can automatically fetch subs

Potplayer is really good

Haven't used BSplayer since the early/mid 2000's. I forgot what happened now, but they did something that completely pissed me off.

Literally any proof or fuck off

I had the "pleasure" of using VLC recently. I was greeted with v/a desync, corrupted video and convoluted configuration dialogs. Why would anyone use this software when mpv exists?

why would I convince you to use something inferior?

that would be like convincing you to install r7 when you already have an i7

Media Player Classic Home Cinema with CCCP

What year is it?

this