Don't risk that new GPU Sup Forums. Buy yourself some wrist straps, foot straps...

Don't risk that new GPU Sup Forums. Buy yourself some wrist straps, foot straps, gloves and jacket that conform to ESD safety standards. This is why you get random lockups on your system because ESD can be a gradual form of damage. If you're spending $500 on a new GPU then surely you can buy some wrist straps and a few other ESD things.

Other urls found in this thread:

aliexpress.com/item/IKOKY-Penis-Extender-Electric-Shock-Cock-Rings-Penis-Stimulator-Medical/32799034151.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Nigga just ground your desk.

Not all of us have metal desks. You need a antistatic mat ideally.

ive worked at various professional repair shops (kiosks at mall) for over 5 years
We've always had esd shit lying around but no one uses it. It there any significant risk?

There is. Place I worked was very strict about it. Had to wear jacket, footstraps, wriststraps whemever setting foot inside. Every time you go in, you have to test the footstraps at a station.

Metal isn't the only material that requires grounding you absolute asshat.

Autism.

ESD killing hardware is a myth unless you leave your motherboard on the carpet or some shit

>wrist straps
user, you don't have to be so shy here, you know. Like a hitachi massager, that's just one of the tools that have lost their original purpose.

aliexpress.com/item/IKOKY-Penis-Extender-Electric-Shock-Cock-Rings-Penis-Stimulator-Medical/32799034151.html

In over 10 years I've been messing with computers I've never used an antistatic strap and never killed any hardware.

One hand on the case. Grounded as fuck

where does the thin bit go?

>2018 in 4 days
>still having your urethral virginity

>use humidifier
>zero static

EZ

I'm not buying your modmat Steve, stop telling me to buy it on every video.
If I wasn't broke and using a 8 year old build I would maybe consider but fuck you for trying to shill it on me anyways.

That's a tool to help remove kidney stones.

Plug PSU into mains and touch its casing
BOOM GROUNDED

Unless you live somewhere with super dry air and have carpet or are wearing a wool sweater you'll be fine.

>Carpet
Even that isn't an issue unless you're moving around a lot, dragging your feet.
I always do my maintenance in a room with carpet, I just make sure to ground myself first/regularly and I've never had issues.

>That's a tool to help remove kidney stones.
>SM Player
>Moonrunes
No, user. That's 100% femdom JAV gadget right there.
Just missing the nipple clamps.

ESD straps are meme.
Just connect PSU to the socket and touch the case.

i always touch a metal tap beforehand and have never had an issue.

>All cases made with muh tempered glass nowadays
>glass is an insulator.
>fries your shit because you thought you were grounded.

Gaymer pottery.

>meet national safety standards

touch the PSU then. Or black wire.

does the psu switch need to be off or on?

On your cock hole

ouch fuck

its so uncommon for this to happen that it isn't worth worrying about.