Looking to try and take the CCNA Cert test a few months from now...

Looking to try and take the CCNA Cert test a few months from now. Was wondering if anyone had any resources they know of that i can study to help with passing this damn thing.

Other urls found in this thread:

thepiratebay.org/torrent/16290621/CBT_Nuggets_-_CCNA_ICND1_100-105
thepiratebay.org/torrent/17178041/CBT_Nuggets_-_Cisco_CCNA_ICND2_200-105
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It's a lot of irrelevant trivia; what job are you trying to get?

Read the book. Theres also Netacad, theyll give you access to packet tracer for labs

CCNA R&S is widely taken and all the topics are heavily covered by youtube faggots who will break it down peice by peice, literally just google/youtube each topic. If you want a different CCNA path then the resources become less

Well considering I have no IT related job experience, i was hoping to use the cert as getting a foot into the door at really any networking related job to try an start building a resume.

They're literally chapter exams of CCNA1-4

just go to community college

If you're still looking for study materials a few months out you're not going to pass.
That exam is the casual filter to end all casual filters.

>spending four quarters doing what you could study in two weeks
Terrible advice.

Is what this user is saying true, trying to take the cert around the end of may being a unrealistic goal?

It'll be difficult. Going on a 5-7 day course close to the exam will be a massive help.

CCNA asks you a lot of specific trivia and the trick to remembering that is actually using IOS and fiddling around with hardware. Courses are pretty good at giving you that in a structured way in a short amount of time.

A lot of courses will also offer you a free exam voucher too, seeing as they cost at least a couple of grand anyway.

If you don't have a company to pay for a course, get some cheap hardware (couple of routers and switches) and start tinkering at home.

Good luck user!

If you already have some basic networking knowledge (Network+, hands-on experience or some similar shit) you could probably pass the R&S exams with just some training videos and books.

I downloaded the CBT Nuggets series and followed along in Packet Tracer and GNS3. The videos are pretty damn good and do a great job of explaining everything you need to know for the exams. Took me about a month of evening studying per exam, you could probably do it faster if you can spend a couple of full days on it.

>end of may
thats easy. its literally just getting your head around basic networking and ip addressing. everything after thst is just trivia

With everyone recommending books/videos, is there a particular set of these everyone prefers, or should i just rummage through google looking for relevant ones?

>CCNA

Is packet tracer enough?

It's good enough for most things. Some functions and commands are missing though, so pair it with GNS3 to cover those.

What commands? Packet Tracer 7 has IOS15 just tftp to the server and run it.

Were you able to find the CBT nugget videos uploaded somewhere to watch, or did you pay for the actual videos. As someone unemployed the price is a little steep.

It's been over a year since I last used it so I can't remember which specific ones were absent. I just remember following along with a tutorial and not being able to carry out some instructions, so I had to use GNS3 to complete the tasks.

Torrented them. Piratebay still has them up

thepiratebay.org/torrent/16290621/CBT_Nuggets_-_CCNA_ICND1_100-105

thepiratebay.org/torrent/17178041/CBT_Nuggets_-_Cisco_CCNA_ICND2_200-105

Try Cybrary's video series on it.

Yea i saw those ones on there, but wasnt sure the validity of the torrents since neither one is from a VIP/Trusted source.

Software is no substitute for using actual hardware.

Is IT a meme?

Even if you get a CNNA R+S cert, that alone is not enough for any job. You still need more certs and experience on top of that. And even then you'll only get like a $15/hr job.

Might as well get a cert in medical field where it's easier, you only need one, and youll get paid the same if not more.

What the hell is wrong with IT?

A cert in the medical field? Hahahaahhaha stfu

How the fuck do you not know how to study for this exam? Are one of those retards that isn't stepping through his CCENT first?