Sup Forums thinks the best time to be American was the 1950-70's... But it was actually 1910-30's

Sup Forums thinks the best time to be American was the 1950-70's... But it was actually 1910-30's.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=csKSt4f_fcg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

why is the early to mid American 20th century so comfy and magical? (Besides world wars)

>cities overrun by Italians, Jews, and the Irish
>best time

Yeah, dying from a head cold was totally bitchin

Yup, because disease and racism was a fantastic time to be alive

>why is the early to mid American 20th century so comfy and magical?
Because people liked America, it wasnt perfect and everyone wanted to change it for their own advance; but the country as a whole was proud.

There was no edginess or historical lies like we see today.

Now everywhere on earth run by those people are nice, unlike the US whose run by women and niggers.

Black Thursday best day of my life

>Now everywhere on earth run by those people are nice, unlike the US whose run by women and niggers.
You'd be amazed what can happen when you export your human garbage to other countries.

No it's the 18th century
youtube.com/watch?v=csKSt4f_fcg

the gilded age was also the worst age

>Prohibition creating mafias
>good time to be alive

>disease and racism was a fantastic time
Both of those were being battled at the forefront, user.

The only time outside of 1950's and 60's where US was innovated was this period. Modern medicine, washing machines and radio were pioneered at this time.

Racism will always exist.

>being a drunkard scum
We are experiencing the 18th Amendment on a grand scale today with marijuana.

1930's was the garden of eden compared to now.

>you will never shoot whomever you want without repercussion

A little early for that i think user.

Either way, people are poor because of genetics anyway.

>ywn run a speakeasy and fuck flapper chicks
Why even live 2bh

>bioshock infinite
heIIo reddit

it was actually the late 80's early 90's

Chicagoan here. There were at least two speakeasies on Western Avenue in my neighborhood. Both of them are now bars, and one of them has a liquor store.

2 dollars for a hotdog in the early 20th century? lmao

This. That would be $40 now with inflation.

maybe it includes the tip

kek
>implying there even was a minimum wage at the time

I've heard labor was a lot worse in OP's era, before real unionization and many labor laws.

True
Also fuck you ken levine

Muh nostalgia glasses.
muh born in wrong era.

You're counting the Great Depression though. Objectively the worst time to be an American.

My vote goes to the 50's- followed by the very late 90s to 9/11.

This. 1918-1929 was awesome if you weren't a farmer, but I'd go for 1945-1973 and 1991-2001 for GOAT, although >2016 isn't that bad 2bh.

i recall i read that american labor unions literally armed workers with baseball bats and that the owners of the plants funded beatings and murders of the labor union activists etc

Good game

It's a game where they use a gold standard backed dollar that is not the US dollar.

The currency valuation is different.