wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/ext4#Reserved_blocks
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Networking problem

setting up raspberry pi with next cloud
I set up ddns using duckdns
I forwarded 80 and 443 ports

>now the funny thing
I can connect from the internet
if I disable wifi on my phone and enable data and go to url I get the login screen of nextcloud
if I enable VPN in opera and use duckdns url I get the login

but if I am connecting to it from within the same network I get timeouts
Whats going on?

now of course I can use local IP it got, but I have no idea why duckdns url should not work, it should get out to their DNS, gets back my public ipaddress and connect to it.. whats the issue here?

is it trying to go through some shortcut and failing?

Why do some websites make a relay in my sound card click like when I disable it in Device Manager?

Are there android smartwatches released that can fully replace a phone?

no

Is there much difference in quality between Expresscards? I already have a USB 3.0 expresscard for my laptop and it's starting to break after a few years, not sure what replacement to get.

Nope. They display data from your phone.

I'm trying to run a python script on windows, it needs libc.so.6 which I don't have, how to install it?

Should I quit video games?

that's glibc (GNU standard C library)
not sure if you can get that on windows

What paid VPN should I use?

that's a linux library, post a link to the script (put it on pastebin if you have to).

Might not be simple, but still..
Is it possible to configure a windows PC to be usable simultaneously by two users, with separate inputs and displays, where at least one of the users will get GPU acceleration (for gaming purposes)?
Windows doesn't support that directly of course. But Perhaps some hyperv setup where the host has direct access to the GPU? I never used hyperv so I'm not sure how it works.

pastebin.com/raw/fSV2BsHt

>that's a linux library
i'm not one to bitch about "gahnoo slash linux" or anything
but calling glibc a linux library is just funny

I'm thinking of building an office computer for my mom that's under 500$. Is it better to build one at that price range or buy one?

you could probably rewrite that to not depend on that lib, that seems very badly written btw. it's just a basic fucking scrape script.
ok faggot

How about a laptop going for 300-400 ? At 400 € (not dollars) one can even buy laptop that play modern games, if your mother is just one that uses the office suite and so, 500 might be too much unless the Crypto coin miners made the prices rise so much.

What do you guys do to reduce/ease eye fatigue?

I'm about to experience with a handful of things I found on the internet, so I may as well ask you guys while I'm at it.

Things I've tried so far:
Reduce the blue colour through my GPU's driver, reduce brightness, add a black opaque piece of clothe on the wall behind my back so as to reduce glare, etc.

Things I'll try:
Modify my desk so it's like a cubicle with walls behind my monitor and on the sides since right now I can see the whole room behind my monitor. After that's done, I plan on finally adding some non-PWM diffused bias lighting. And if the problem still persists, I'll paint my desk and the walls of a different colour to see if it does anything at all.

Any recommendations? Kind of getting desperate here.

buy some $100 thinkpad from 2009, it will do anything your mum will need, I gave my mum a Dell E6400 about 5 years ago and put ubuntu on it and it's been ticking along fine. Nowadays I'd put Debian or Fedora + KDE though, the hardware is capable enough

taking breaks is the best method of relief from my experience though I've never had that big of a problem with it

buy one build, add hdd or ssd depending on what you got there
especially when DDR4 rams is so expensive
HP has nice miniPCs HP ProDesk, either really tiny that can go on the back of the monitor
or bit larger miniATX case that has ease of adding 3,5" HDDs
get i3
dont skimp on monitor

no, just no!
never recommend notebook to people willing to go for desktop
the screen, the comfort, the reliability, ease of fixing it...
usually we go the other way, when people ask for notebook we make damn sure desktop would not be acceptable,

Sup Forums pass, is it worth it?

buy good monitor that can go low in brightness and has no pwm dimming

are you poor and dont mind clicking on cars and semafors, signs, front shops dozens of time a day?
I dont, I am on Sup Forums not that much

That shit is annoying.

position your workstation so that you can occasional look at objects further away. Like a window or a tv. Focusing your eyes at one thing at the same distance for too long is strenuous.

Is there a way to find out my neighbour's wifi password? Without physically asking them.

I want to connect 3 fans to one fan header on my mobo, each fan has a 2,16w powerdraw so theoratically 0,54A for all 3 of them. The fan headers of my mobo are rated for 12V 1A.

question is would the fans have a higher power draw spinning up that would blow the motherboard trace?

also I assume each fan header has it's own trace so I could use a splitter on each of them?

Brute force.

Yes

No

how do i make feh open with the options "--scale-down --auto-zoom" by default

look up virtualization tutorials on youtube. You'll need a good cpu tho, and an integrated gpu apart from the dedicated one

Would turning off secure boot put me at any seriuous risks? I'm trying to check out some distros and it's stopping me from installing them

This is retarded

alias

If you guys don't like the google captcha use the legacy captcha. You activate it by clicking on the [settings] button right on the top corner and looking for it in the "quotes & replying" section.

thanks

why?
I need the fans for liquid cooling radiators, one 360 and one 240mm.

dies in a few months

So I have a volume knob on my Logitech speakers that I use to change the volume. I've set the volume to be always at 50 on my W10, this I never change. What combination of the speaker knob and W10 sound setting should I be using to get the best quality sound?

100 on W10 and adjustable with the knob

kek

>buy 8tb drive
>format it to ext4
>df -h says 7.2 T free space
>mount it and go there in dolphin
>free space "6.9 tib"
what the fuck is going on here

T and TiB are differend formats, theyre both correct

Would you rather turn the knob or use windows?

looks fine to me

More on the matter see pic related

I know tb =/= tib, but there are three different numbers there.
I seem to be missing 300 somethings. does T not mean terabytes?

W10 is the source, thus putting the source on full and the one that regulates volume on less is more quality.

You buy 8TB and get jewed 800gb. Thats just how it works.

Is that real OP? When were the dates for those search trends?

Don't think so really, the windows volume would be clipping at that point 75% max. It's also more convenient and precise using windows as the master volume so I'd stick the logitechs on 25% depending on how loud they are/watts.

Does Sup Forums bandwidth limitation?
if I use 100mb's wery quickly(webms) it kills all bandwidth on Sup Forums can't even load page properly and images and webms doesn't load at all.

if I turn on vpn I can surf normaly but if quickly used up again ~100mb same happens again

same on different devices and connections.

that chink faggot gonna kill this site.

"T" in linux programs is shorthand for TiB
the difference after formatting to ext4 is because ext reserves space for both root usage (to allow an admin to work on the disk if it runs out of user space), as well as pre-allocates inodes (you can reduce this number if you know you won't create as many as the default)

yes I am aware of this, thats why it winds up at 7.2.
so where is the 6.9 coming from

This is the info I needed, thank you.
How can I format this thing to not reserve space like that? this isnt an os drive and is only used for storage.

I have found a great deal on the "NH-Luxury" pack of the AWUS036NH. However, I have no idea whether this "Luxury pack" has actually been manufactured by ALFA.

Is it legit?

I wanna say it's just the files system or something, but 0.3TiB is a lot of fucking space.

8TB = 7.2TiB is about right though.

I believe this is the command I need
wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/ext4#Reserved_blocks

Thanks again. If I dont reply back then this command did what I am wanting.

I was thinking of modding my old 4th gen ipod and putting in a 256gb cf card, but according to some people, you can only upgrade it up to 60 gigs.
Is this shit true, or can I upgrade it to have more than 60gb?

>but 0.3TiB is a lot of fucking space.
yup, and Im dealing with multiple drives so this is in excess of a tib of wasted space.
The other user seems to have me aimed in the right direction to sort this out

If I leave a USB desktop fan plugged into a USB port on my monitor will it damage my monitor?

It shouldnt unless your monitors power supply was designed by retarded gooks that would never pass certification in a civilized country and/or your usb fan was designed by gooks that would never pass certification in a civilized country

use "-m 1" for example, to reduce the root reserved space from 5% (default) to 1%
you can also specify the number of inodes with "-N"
i'm not sure what happens if you specify too low an inode count, but it preallocates them for performance reasons, and probably also to reduce the risk of fragmentation, creating files requires inodes either way, so it doesn't waste space over not preallocating them by the time you've actually used the available space

Oh cool. It was gonna be a real pain in the ass to unplug and re plug it in every day otherwise.

Apparently my fairly new Ryzen build (bought this summer) suffered its first BSOD tonight while i was asleep. Basically what i did was to set it on a shutdown timer as always while leeching some stuff in the background along with it (there would have been 6gb left on the external hdd by the time the download was finished btw), no problems there and everything seemed fine.

Today when i just logged into windows i get the "Windows is running after an unexptected shutdown" message and it mentions a BSOD event, so i start up WhoCrashed and this is what the minidump says;

>This was probably caused by the following module: msahci.sys (0xFFFFF88000C4C032)
>Bugcheck code: 0xD1 (0x0, 0xB, 0x0, 0xFFFFF88000C4C032)
>Error: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
>msahci.sys (msahci+0x5032)
>Bugcheck code: 0xD1 (0x0, 0xB, 0x0, 0xFFFFF88000C4C032)
>Error: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

... Is my shit basically fucked now or am i good? Seems to be a random driver issue of some kind by the looks of it. What's weird is that this machine has been running 100% smoothly for 3 and a half months with absolutely no crash-related issues and now this turns up all of a sudden out of the blue just like that... Some threads seem to suggest that this is related to DVD drive issues but my machine doesn't have one (i'm only using them via SATA/USB bridge) so that can't be it right? RAM seems fine too

My last system restore point was from like one month ago and i also wanted to do another full backup image anyways just in case pretty soon. In any case i doubt it's something hardware-related cuz as i said the whole thing's basically still new as fuck

No but fan death will still get you.

No

heres a stupid question

so i had speakers, a headset and little cheap earphones. The earphones were just used when i couldnt be bothered to use the headset really. But they were plugged into the speakers, as it was easier since the cable is pretty short and wont reach around the back of pc.

After removing the speakers since they old and i never use them, how can i get sound via earphones again?

I have a little headphone socket thing on my monitor but when plugging them into that, it doesnt seem to work

fuck that shit, I used -m 0 and got all my tibs back.
It says this reserved amount is for root owned daemons to continue to function. This is a data drive, nothing runs off of it.

I downloaded a blu-ray movie. How do I play it?

that's fine, 5% reserve is pretty big on such massive disks

you never even said what this shit was on.

>sound settings > set default device

with a blu-ray player

If a phone has an unlocked bootloader and is rooted all data that was previously on the phone is deleted, right?

I edited the wireframe of a model with textures in Blender, in Edit Mode, but when I switch back to Object Mode it still looks the same both in textured and wireframe viewport, how do I make Blender "refresh" (or update) the viewport? I wanted to see how the textures look after the changes I made.

Unlocking the bootloader triggers a factory reset.

Lets say I changed my Skype password.
I can log in and out from PC 1, but it wont let me log in from PC 2, it says is the wrong password.

What then?

Use the right password

> look for an iphone charger cable on newegg
> almost every product has the "california prop 65" warning

why does the website do this and why should i care about worst state

Unironically VLC. That shit can play fucking anything.

I literally copy-pasted the same damn thing. I then rewrote it manually.

>I literally copy-pasted the same damn thing. I then rewrote it manually.
I hope you mean you didn't copy-paste it into the password box, as that doesn't usually work anymore. If you did, try copy pasting it into a word document then re-typing it.

What is wrong with VLC?

Alright, thanks

Nevermind, I was writing the username wrong.
Fuck me.

What is the EASIEST way to dual-boot Windows (Veracrypt encryption) and Mint (LUKS)?

Why are so many people obsessed with dual booting Windows + Linux? Just use a VM if you want to experiment with Linux

Because I just want Windows to play 1 game and not having to deal with a system full of vulnerabilities because if you update it you get botnet'd.

hey i accidentally clicked the ads at the bottom of the thread. what can i do to see if i got a virus or anything, how bad was clicking on them? i wanted to click post a reply but the ads loaded and moved the brower so i ended up clicking the ads

if' he's a computer illiterate, tell him to switch to WEP because it's more advanced and safer

What site did it open after clicking the ad? not all sites have malware but it's impossible to say without knowing the url of the site.
Get 4chanX and block the ads with an adblocker, the site still works.

it opened the thread i was already in, i have adblock plus.

WTF why is my graphics card so shit on Linux?
I get half the FPS on games and it is a graphics card people recommended for Linux. 750Ti
REEEEEEE

>he thinks he's safe from the botnet

>registered on yandex yesterday
>24 random chars password
>try to log in today
>says my acc has been "hacked"
>asks security question
>give security question
>wants me to change password
>mandatory phone number

This is stupid, I chose to have a security question in the first place because I didn't choose the phone option when I registered this account, now wants the phone number even though I chose "Don't have phone" during registration?
Are you fucking kidding me Yandex? this is an obvious attempt to get my phone, there's no way an account I logged in only once yesterday with SSL too, was already "hacked" as it says.

What other free email service that doesn't require phone are there? no 10minutes mail and similar temporary stuff, no google or proton mail (it wants the phone), I need it to be permanent, I don't care if it's ads infested.
Alternatively, if there're any paid ones that accept paysafe, I got an unused 25 bucks code so I don't mind. Anything as long as they don't want the fucking phone number.