>doesn't work
>TFW arch links python to python3

>>still using python 2

2008 was 10 years ago, buddy

>t.retard

Things that never happened.

mine is working
maybe it's you

honestly, it was probably me. happened after probably when i updated the packages i installed with makepkg

works on my machine
OP must be a colossal faggot

That's why you don't update linux. You will be lucky if only all your themes are fucked up.

>boot USB with the 4.13 on Lenovo
>kernel panic

>use a custom kernel
>surprised it isn’t as stable as vanilla

>letting your package manager fuck with your kernels or bootloader

Its your own fault archbaby.

>arch update
>don't have to turn off my computer
>finishes in a minute
>doesn't tell me when to update
>don't have to restart computer
>it just works

>python
found your problem

>winfag updating linux for the first time
>plans a week ahead
>cancels meetings on the day as well as the following day
>ready to go
>runs command
>done in 20 seconds
>confused, assumes it's broken
>complains on Sup Forums about it

>windows updates
>user panics

Almost 8 months of Debian updates without breaking my system and very little knowledge about linux in general (hopped straight to debian from mint)
Am I pushing my luck?

Fedora has none of these issues

>wants bleeding edge
>wants good packages
>wants stability
Why aren't you using Fedora?

Nah Debian is super stable and comfy. You'll be fine.
Although you may transform into a homosexual, owo

It's called Debian Stable for a reason. If you really want to push your luck, you'd download Unstable or Testing.

>Although you may transform into a homosexual, owo
Better to stay on Arch OP, there you will be transformed into a cute girl.

when I first switched to linux and arch this shit would always happen to me.
Now that Ive been using it for years this shit nolonger happens and I still dont know what caused it.
The only times I have issues is with virtual machines not being able to find partitions despite loading into the fucking partition to get to recovery shell

can you boot from an arch live usb, chroot the system and install the previous last known working kernel

I had an Arch installation for 5 years without any problems. I erased it because I had installed and uninstalled so much crap, it just seemed like it was time to start fresh. The only time I ever really had a problem with any Linux distro was when I started adding a ton of PPA's to Ubuntu 12.04, so basically, it seems if you just stick with what's available through your distro's repos, you shouldn't encounter any problems.

>arch

>I erased it because I had installed and uninstalled so much crap,
I don’t understand this. It’s really easy to debloat a system and if you have too much crap in your home folder, just delete it and make a new one.

It's simply a matter of OCD. Using Windows in the past, did this to me.

I have had the same arch install across two complete sets of hardware upgrades (minus PSU) and have yet to have a single major issue. How the fuck do you brainlets manage this shit?

I forgot to add that was over 5 years.

Yes.

I had ops problem. It's cause i didn't write my fstab correctly. Used usb and fixed it in 5 minutes. I'm sure pacman would of worked fine otherwise.

No matter what the distro if you're a dumb faggot like OP you're a dumb faggot. Dumb faggots are not expected to use their brains. Like OP.

Vent away OP. Show us how much of a dumbass you are working with the most fickle of distros then whining about it on Sup Forums when you can't figure it out and can't read the error messages and/or the wiki.

>buster
enjoy waiting months for a security update lmao

The only thing worth a dime in debian is the stable branch. More up to date stuff is horseshit and you're better off using a different distribution