/cyb/ + /sec/: Cyberpunk & Cybersecurity General

▌ All resources from past threads (paste and comments) will be present at OuterHeaven
> i2g3vsckj67dnjvb.onion

Θ Infosec questions: building an obsessive need to find your own answers could be a key for more than one chain.

Ω All are welcome here; the world is fucked and we are all in this together.

◙ Cypherpunk Manifesto
> activism.net/cypherpunk/manifesto.html
◘ Cyberpunk FAQ
> ftp://guest:[email protected]:21212/Books/Cyberpunk/Alt_Cyberpunk_FAQ_V5_preview12.htm
∆ Hacker Manifesto
> phrack.org/issues/7/3.html
± Guerilla Open Access Manifesto
> archive.org/stream/GuerillaOpenAccessManifesto/Goamjuly2008_djvu.txt

▓ Fables, realities, prophecies and mythology of a community:
░ What is cyberpunk
> pastebin.com/hHN5cBXB
▀ The importance of a cyberpunk mindset applied to a cybersecurity skillset.:
> youtu.be/pcSlowAhvUk
● Cyberpunk directory:
> pastebin.com/VAWNxkxH
▬ Cyberpunk resources
> pastebin.com/Dqfa6uXx

▐ Cybersecurity essentials/resources
Reference books
> mega.nz/#F!YigVhZCZ!RznVxTiA0iN-N6Ps01pEJw
> PASSWORD : ABD52oM8T1fghmY0
> pastebin.com/SCUbhpjP
> pastebin.com/VTXRAPxM
> Cntrl + F Basic Knowledges, Basic Training, Arms/Arm
> pastebin.com/rMw4WbhX
▼ Endware: Heavy armor for anons, by anons
> endchan.xyz/os/res/32.html

◊ Free Shells and more
> sdf.org/
> shells.red-pill.eu/

₪ /cyb/ FTP
> ftp://collectivecomputers.org:21212/Books/Cyberpunk/
> user/password == guest

≡ IRC
> irc://irc.rizon.net:6697
> #Sup Forumspunk
> #Sup Forumssec
> (All require SSL)
> IRC guide:
> gitgud.io/cyb/er/blob/0/irc_guide.md

» Thread archive
>archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/subject/cyb/
>archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/subject/sec/
>archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/text//cyb/ /sec//
>Thread backup
>cyberpunked.org/

Ψ Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QpDn4-Na5co
events.ccc.de/congress/2007/Fahrplan/attachments/1003_Building a Hacker Space.pdf
twitter.com/isislovecruft?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author
techcrunch.com/2015/07/05/the-netherlands-a-look-at-the-worlds-high-tech-startup-capital/
iamsterdam.com/en/work/opportunities-per-each-industry/tech
tripsavvy.com/guide-to-amsterdam-public-transit-1456384
blog.honeypot.io/amsterdam-tech-map/
economist.com/blogs/economist-explains/2013/07/economist-explains-21
fortune.com/2017/04/27/estonia-digital-life-tech-startups/
mic.com/articles/146542/the-unexpected-story-of-how-this-tiny-country-became-the-most-tech-savvy-on-earth
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Old OP here, taking over again.
Why was the last general a full week ago?

Yay!
Btw the FAQ was updated.
ftp://collectivecomputers.org:21212/Books/Cyberpunk/Alt_Cyberpunk_FAQ_V5_preview13.htm

Thank you, I got this 'new' version of the OP post from the linked thread.
It seems a bit scruffy, I'll clean it up for the next thread and include the updated link.
Thank you for your dedication.

POO IN DIS THREAD
POO ON U

I thought this general died. What happen?

I would like to create a hackerspace in my town. Any ideas how to create a community like this?
The only ideas I have to start it up:
>I've got a connection with an NGO that cooperates with the EU so If there's an opportunity then I could propose this idea
>Cooperate with the university here
>Both of above
>Create a small enthusiast community that will meet up together in each other's houses and try to make it bigger
>From what I remember there are places for nerds to meet up so maybe there I can make something
Any other ideas?

I cannot speak for everyone but for my part i updated the FAQ.It just went past 130 KB in size and only small bits and pieces are left.

At the same time it appears that the Wikipedia article has declined the last few years. There used to be a lot more content there.

I stopped OPing the general around July and others took over, I thought it was going to last. It had, up until last week, I came here to check if it was up and I noticed it wasn't. So I searched through the archive and posted this one.

Set it up as a university club, you might be able to get funding then.

Locate a maker space in a nearby city and ask them for advice. Hackerspace and makerspace are related.

BTW some get the wrong ideas when they hear the word "hacker", make sure you get the presentation well prepared before approaching funding. It is a common mistake to think you can just take it by the seats of your pants. You just don't get money that way.

This, stipulate the "MIT hacker", not the 'neologistic hacker'.

Find university clubs and societies related to hacking of any sort. Go to their meetings and mingle. See how many would be interested in joining or contributing.

"cyber club" not hacking club ;)

Joking, I hope. "Cyber" will take the imagination in other directions, not necessarily a good one (no pun intended).

Pic. related can hack her way out of BSD, in a good way. She is probably the only one to bring Slashdot down to its knees, in a bad way.

W-who is t-that?

Some kid they were pimping out to attract donations so they could pretend BSD was enterprise software.

Ceren Ercen. She was a developer and sysadmin and did some rather well known booth babe work back in the day. That is how she reduced Slashdot to a pile of smoking silicon.

I had expected at least one Linux company would get a model into black and yellow latex but that never happened. These days it would never fly without a major Twitter rage.

That's very true, though amusing when open source try and go faux-corporate.

A femme fatale?

Well, this general sure has slowed down.

Picked one of these up for a /cyb/ ssh client. Going to run CLI + tmux only.

I wish modern tech didn't run the risk of backdoors.

>A femme fatale?
Not really, just a bit of show. She was mainly working on the technical side of things according to her LinkedIn profile. She retired the outfit a while ago.

More fatal would be Princess Fatale, she never ages.

whats the most /cyb/ city in europe

London.

RecentOP here, thanks for starting a new thread. I'm not around regularly, but should be back somewhen in Jan

amsterdam

Ah, fair enough, I can understand if you're busy. I certainly appreciate the update. See you in January.

KEEP CALM
AND
EAT
YOUR
INSTANT NOODLES

Is cyberpunk an old fad?
I ask because I dont know

Am I retarded for wanting a cyberpunk future?
>I like tight spaces so living in a gigantic cluster of small flats wouldn't be a hassle.
>I'm already on drugs 24/7 so I don't care as much about most things around me.
>I know that everything I post online will be used to make an accurate profile of me. I just don't give a shit about it and I'm careful what I write.
>Interested in both software and hardware modifications. And also planning on buying soldering equipment.
>I find the techwear aesthetic appealing.
>I enjoy going on hardcore raves (often in weird, scummy clubs)

We're already on our way there, you could in fact call the world we current live in and will live in in the not-so-distant-future 'soft cyberpunk'.

I'm pretty sure the OP alone answers that question, perhaps try reading?

Although, to answer your question:
>Am I retarded for wanting a cyberpunk future?
Well, that entirely depends on who you're asking. If you're asking me, I'd say a bit of both.
The transhumanist and technological future is certainly exciting and will advance human develop in many facets, whilst stunting us in others.
Also, the nature of cyberpunk authoritative institutions is what scares me, the totalitarian nature of it and its nascent nefarious beginnings in the present.

But does it have the tech? I couldn't call whores exclusively cyberpunk.

I just wanted to talk to someone.. not reading 500 pages.

If this is a 90s fad why you still keep with it?

Because concepts can evolve?
That's like asking why people still using the Internet, or computerized devices.
I'm sorry to say, but that's a really stupid question.

>*people still using = people are still using

I think you got offended by my post.
Imagine a guy who go out and dress like the singer of Limp Bizkit and still listen to that crap in 2018..

Well. That's one way of winning an argument...

Imagine people still listening to Rock rig-... Oh wait, they do and it changed with the times.
Yeah, just like cyberpunk.

It isn't exactly hard when the calibre of question is answered in the OP of this thread.

>Ask stupid questions, get stupid answers.
I'm pretty sure that's a maxim by now.

Guys you really are good making new friends.
I will read the OP

That's because I don't think I want you to be my friend. - I thought that would be obvious.

>Princess Fatale
You are indeed a dark soul, user.

Who /34C3/ here?

You listen to this music?
youtube.com/watch?v=QpDn4-Na5co

this should help you from falling into common pitfalls: events.ccc.de/congress/2007/Fahrplan/attachments/1003_Building a Hacker Space.pdf

Isis Lovecruft doesn't much like your ilk:
>twitter.com/isislovecruft?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author
Apparently you're all sexual deviants.

which presentations have you found good so far? I've been browsing through the schedule, and the titles aren't particularly descriptive...

Frankfurt am Main

>But does it have the tech?
sure. hookers and drugs are just a bonus

techcrunch.com/2015/07/05/the-netherlands-a-look-at-the-worlds-high-tech-startup-capital/
iamsterdam.com/en/work/opportunities-per-each-industry/tech
tripsavvy.com/guide-to-amsterdam-public-transit-1456384
blog.honeypot.io/amsterdam-tech-map/

I thought Estonia was where the tech is at now?
>economist.com/blogs/economist-explains/2013/07/economist-explains-21
>fortune.com/2017/04/27/estonia-digital-life-tech-startups/
>mic.com/articles/146542/the-unexpected-story-of-how-this-tiny-country-became-the-most-tech-savvy-on-earth

interesting. i just mentioned amsterdam because it was the most tech-y city i've ever been to. i don't travel a lot, though.

I was quite shocked too to find out Estonia had any sort of merit, I always just assumed it was one of those Eastern European countries that 'just existed'. I know that makes me sound like a bigot, but it is only because I was ill informed.

when i think 'eastern europe', 'tech' is the last thing that comes to my mind.

That's true, it just made me feel a bit shitty for automatically assuming another country was lesser.

Hey goys, any uni/career fags here that can give me their opinion? I'm going to enter Uni soon but I need to choose on my major, and I am looking for a job in Cyber Security or maybe some cushy sys admin position. Naturally I gravitated to Comp Sci, but it's very math intensive (discrete math + calc 1 - 2) and I'm not really the best at math.

So now I'm considering a degree in Computer Criminology, anyone here have experience with it? Thoughts?

The FAQ is perhaps the fastest way to get up to speed.

Also cyb is not a 90s fad but started as an 80s movement.

My degrees have absolutely nothing to do with cybersecurity and only tangentially something to do with computer science, double honours physics and mathematics. Though, I do want to do my PhD in bionic cybernetics; I want to get into the manufacture of prosthetics and then once they're more socially acceptable, augmentation.

so, certs matter more than degrees?

Incidentally, as I should've mentioned also, some of my hobbies involve computer science and security, programming; penetration testing; network administration, electronic engineering and cryptology/cryptography.

Certainly, and only some certs.

such as? I'm going to try and get my Linux+ or maybe Security+/A+ soon.

CWSP, GSEC; CompTIA Security, CCSP; CISM, HCISPP; CISSP and OSCP.
Though, this is by no means an exhaustive list.

Goto a two year / community college. Get a Networking/System Administration type degree. Study up on security shit on your own time. Get a job in the school help desk. Move up into the real world from there. Save 50k.

I don't want a career in computer security though, I want to go into cybernetics.

Bump.

it was gone for like a week

holy moly
latex is my favorite

Anyone have that picture of the person that connected an old (90s) PDA up to a wireless internet dongle and a solar panel?
I am so sure I saved it, but I can't seem to find it for the life of me.

Indeed. PVC is fine too.
Got a few PVC dresses behind me.

>Got a few PVC dresses behind me.
Femanon, or just some weirdo?

Just some weirdo with a doll :^)

Damn! Stay freaky, user, stay freaky.

>>Interested in both software and hardware modifications. And also planning on buying soldering equipment.
Nowadays you can hardly customize modern PCs. The most I've seem is people interfacing a Pi with a bunch of sensors.

Which is why EE is an important skill to relearn.